Wiki Posts
Search

Sun Country Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2000, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Sun Country Airlines

July 31, 2000

I recently had a very bad experience with Sun Country Airlines. They failed to notify me of a schedule change. They then compounded this problem by repeatedly lying to me.

One employee claimed that Sun Country tried to call me about the subject schedule change twice per day on three different days. This turned out to be a lie.

A second employee claimed that Sun Country sent me a letter about the subject schedule change in May 2000. This also turned out to be a lie.

Finally, Sun Country personnel admitted that it did not have a notification system. Then, a senior customer service representative lied to me about the fact that she had informed department heads about my complaint.

Being lied to by one customer service representative may indicate a problem with that employee. However, being lied to by more than one employee may be a reflection of company policy and/or inadequate employee training practices.

Sun Country also does not have an advance seat reservation system. They need to develop a system that will allow customers to request and reserve the seats they want. I would imagine that this would add a few dollars at most to an airline ticket. I would gladly pay this (and I expect that most other customers would also be willing to do so).

And, while we were awaiting departure the airplane was not air conditioned. We were very hot and uncomfortable. Again, I would be surprised if an auxiliary cooling system would add more than a few bucks to the cost of each ticket. A cost I would gladly pay.

I realize that Sun Country is trying to develop a low-cost airline. However, efforts to achieve a small decrease in cost should not come at the expense of a large decrease in customer service and comfort.

I won't fly Sun Country again, and others might want to think twice before considering Sun Country.

Old Aug 1, 2000, 6:27 pm

I have never heard of this airline, Does it have routes out of HNO? And thank you for the info on this airline, I'll make sure to avoid them.
Typically, I try to avoid the discount airlines when I have long-haul flights. Had bad experiences with Southwest even though many people praise them.

Again, sorry for your bad experience. Hope you will enjoy your future trips.

------------------
and the meek shall inherit the earth.... Yeah right!

Al

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.