Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO DIM SUM 6/26 or 6/27?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 1999, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

SFO DIM SUM 6/26 or 6/27?

Have previously posted looking for FTers at the SFO Wagner Ring Cycle 6/25 - 7/3, but no takers posted.

How about Dim Sum SAT 6/26 or SUN 6/27 at Ton Kiang, Geary in the 20s, as recommended previously by DGOLDS?
Old Jun 21, 1999, 6:18 pm

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
The Rings sounded interesting, but I don't have enough vacation time. If United does an e-fare DEN-SFO for this weekend, I'd be up for Dim Sum. I'll see what they're offering on Wednesday.

[This message has been edited by QuantumLeap (edited 06-22-1999).]
Old Jun 21, 1999, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Knowitall: Yum, yum! Always up for dim sum at Ton Kiang! I'm available Saturday (but have a 3 PM appointment), not available on Sunday. Early Saturday (like 10 or 11 AM) would work best for me.

Tony V? Sggolf? Up for a trip into The City?

[This message has been edited by dgolds (edited 06-21-1999).]
Old Jun 22, 1999, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

DGOLDS:

Let's make it SAT 6/26 & you set the time, but not too early. I'll check here for the exact time. Thanks to our SFO resident FTer and restaurant expert.

I'll be driving up from San Mateo following a late night at SFO Opera Fri 6/25pm.

Now I notice that I am a MEMBER, but yesterday I was only a JUNIOR MEMBER, as per Converging in San Diego thread on Community.
How do you matriculate to Member Status? Is it based upon (1)length of time posting, (2)making DIM SUM arrangements, (3)quality of posts as determined by anonymous experts, (4)# of posts, (5)none of the above, or (6)all of the above?

[This message has been edited by knowitall (edited 06-22-1999).]
Old Jun 22, 1999, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
knowitall:

Hate to disappoint you, but it is #4 (number of posts). Once you hit 30 you become a full-fledged member. However, if you were making dim sum arrangements for somewhere I would be, I'd vote you member status!

------------------
Regards,
- Anna

Old Jun 22, 1999, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

AnnaS:

I was hoping it was #2 or #3, anything but #4. Someday we'll figure out a way to do DIM SUM @ 3Happiness, CERMAK/WENTWORTH in CHInatown.
Old Jun 23, 1999, 10:43 am

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
Ack! So close...there's an e-fare to San Jose, but it doesn't return until Monday night. -Sniffle- I'll have to pass on the dim sum this time.

Have a great time everyone!
Old Jun 23, 1999, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
knowitall:

Dim Sum at 3 Happinesss one day? You're on! I've never had their dim sum but I've eaten other dishes there before. Friends of mine had their wedding reception there, it was wonderful! Maybe one day...

------------------
Regards,
- Anna

Old Jun 24, 1999, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

DGOLDS:

Dim Summers need a confirming post from you by 10pm Fri 6/25 RE: Sat 6/26 time at Ton Kiang. Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 1999, 8:38 pm

Knowitall: Looking forward to getting together Saturday for some great dim sum!

Enjoying the Ring Cycle?

Do we have a time yet? (I have an appointment at 3 PM, so the closer to 10 or 11 AM, the better for me.)

Is it just the two of us or are there others joining in?

Please e-mail me and let's exchange phone numbers. Your e-mail is not listed in your profile here so I have no way to reach you.

BTW I will be working all day tomorrow with a long flight HPN-CLE-SFO. I have no way to check e-mail during the day, but if flights are on time, I'll try to check from the President's Club in Cleveland (around 6:30 EST) Will also check tomorrow morning before I leave the hotel.
Old Jun 25, 1999, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

DGOLDS:

For sure TON KIANG, SAT 6/26 11am, yours truly and possibly 2 more who just arrived SFO from NY. Any problems please post here by 8am 6/26. Other SFO FTers take note - the more the merrier & more variety.
Phone book lists Ton Kiang near 22d- 5821 Geary and also @ 3148 Geary (Spruce). I/we are going to be @ 5821 Geary unless you tell us otherwise.
Old Jun 25, 1999, 5:53 pm

Knowitall: 11 AM it is!

The one at 22nd and Geary is the right one that serves the good dim sum!

BTW it can be a madhouse there at 11 AM on a Saturday and we may have to wait for a table. I will try to remember to post what I'm wearing tomorrow before I leave.

Best,

David
(from CLE)
Old Jun 26, 1999, 8:29 am

Knowitall: I'll be wearing jeans, a black short sleeve shirt and running shoes today. I'm 5'8", look mid 30's (but am actually 43) and will be the one with a big smile on my face when you say, "Hey, dgolds!"

BTW I saw your physical description on the SAN thread so I'll be on the lookout for you.
Old Jun 26, 1999, 10:03 am
Original Poster

DGOLDS:
A still surly KNOWITALL whose unillegally parked car was illegally towed by SFO's PD last nite will be wearing a blue striped shirt & navy vest, kind of early AARPreppyish. The other two are uncertain right now due to last nite's debacle and late impounded auto unimpounding.
Old Jun 27, 1999, 11:55 pm

Not to worry, the SF Dept. of Parking and Traffic didn't spoil our lunch! Knowitall (a delightful gentleman, interesting conversationalist, and Healthy Choice fan ) and I had great dim sum yesterday at Ton Kiang, sharing steamed BBQ pork buns, salted shrimps (neither of us were courageous enough to eat the heads...), shark fin soup in noodle, deep fried shrimp balls, and a few others which I can't remember right now. After lunch, we had a nice wander through the outer Sunset and then stopped for caffe lattes.

Knowitall: It was a pleasure sharing lunch with you yesterday and getting to meet another FT'er. Hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.