Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future (2018? 2019?) Alaska Do speculation and discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The friends are OK but we hear that the Wall o' Wine took a bit of a beating.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
House needed cleaning before. Now it needs a forklift.

Work was beat up pretty good too- was rockin and rollin'.

Keep having annoying aftershocks
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:49 pm

Yikes! Glad to hear everyone's okay.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Zorak
Hope our Alaska friends are ok!
Based on today's events, we may need to christen this one as the "Shake, Rattle and Roll DO".
jackal and krazykanuck like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
One of my friends that grew up there said his Mom had been without heat and power for hours as of this afternoon. Good to hear the local contingent is in good shape.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:53 am

Any update on a 2019 Alaska DO?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I've been on the road for each of my weekends since January.

Hopefully someone can muster something- haven't even had time to replace my blackberry that was absconded last month in ATH between work and travel
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beckoa
... haven't even had time to replace my blackberry that was absconded last month in ATH between work and travel
Surely there is a Blackberry sized rock somewhere in Alaska that you could draw a QWERTY keyboard onto and basically end up with the same thing, right?
kirkwoodj and Calchas like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by BOB W
The DO will most likely happen in Q2 2019 with a trip to Cordova by ferry being one of the highlights. The date will be set (hopefully) in Q4 2018 based on next Year’s ferry schedule. The Casa de Bob W BBQ will be one of the events. Jackal will announce the actual dates and schedule and it is up to anyone interested to keep asking for more details.
Since nothing is in the works yet for 2019 should we assume it is a no go? I'm coming to Alaska no matter if it is just the +1 and me. Maybe a few days in Denali again.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rxgeek
Since nothing is in the works yet for 2019 should we assume it is a no go? I'm coming to Alaska no matter if it is just the +1 and me. Maybe a few days in Denali again.

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
FTers were threatening to visit our great state with or without a DO
Be careful Alaskans, it's happening again!

At this rate I'm going to have to fly to ANC to deliver @beckoa the $50 I owe him
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm hoping for an Alaska Do this year! I have two roundtrip airline vouchers and I don't know what else to do with them!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by diburning
I'm hoping for an Alaska Do this year! I have two roundtrip airline vouchers and I don't know what else to do with them!
If they are from Delta, I would re-read the fine print since many (IME most) Delta domestic vouchers restrict travel to the Lower 48.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by monitor
If they are from Delta, I would re-read the fine print since many (IME most) Delta domestic vouchers restrict travel to the Lower 48.
Unfortunately, Jackal has been too busy to put anything together. He was waiting to see if our legislature would fund the ferry system. They will, but now it is too late to put anything together. Beckoa and myself will be around over Labor Day but have nothing in the works for a DO. ANC RED-EYE will be out of town then.

GRJ-APP will be here mid-September for a trip to Denali, but that is kind of late with the weather turning a bit colder by then. That is about the time I will be harvesting the last of the garden.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by monitor
They're from JetBlue, and they're valid for anywhere they fly, with blackout dates, and no codeshares. I'd fly into ANC and connect there to another airline if needed. I'd also stop over in ANC to see Anchorage. Unfortunately they expire in December so I'll have to use them quick, since they're also apparently fare class restricted too.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Eloisa and I will be up for Labor Day weekend. Let's plan something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.