Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 14 (DTW) July 21-22, 2018

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 14 (DTW) July 21-22, 2018

Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:50 pm
  #106  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by ceieoc
My first choice dinner on Saturday would be at Black Rock Restaurant for a group our size. Here is the Black Rock menu. Michigan Menu ? Black Rock Bar & Grill
The address for Black Rock is 3776 South State Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108. Their phone number is 734-992-9625. Hours are 11:00 am to 1:00 am on Friday and Saturday. This is on the south side of Ann Arbor near Costco Wholesale, McDonald's and the Ann Arbor Airport. The main cross streets are State Street and Ellsworth Roads. Black Rock has a large meeting room and many tables.

Another choice and good for a Friday night snack is Poke Fish. They have a smaller seating area and are located iin the strip mall across from the Arborland Mall on the East side of Ann Arbor. Here is a Poke Fish review. https://annarborobserver.com/s/poke_fish_sushi.html and https://annarborobserver.com/article...o_arrives.html
The address for Poke Fish is 3500 Washtenaw, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Phone: 734-922-2207. Open Friday and Saturday 11 am to 10:30 pm. Poke Fish website:

Next to Poke Fish is Blaze Pizza. Here is the Blaze Pizza website: https://www.blazepizza.com/locations/ann-arbor/ There is more table space at Blaze Pizza so you could get a Poke Bowl, walk to Blaze Pizza, order a pizza and eat there. The phone is 734-215-8079.

Next to Poke Fish and Blaze Pizza is Dickey's BBQ Pit. More info. https://orders.dickeys.com/menus

Also in this strip mall is the new Better Health Market & Cafe with deli items and a dine-in area. Food is sold by the ounce or the pound. Their phone is 734-975-6613. They close at 9:00 pm Their website is
https://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/
I like the idea of Blaze because.... well... I randomly met George at that Blaze location before
nshah is offline  
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:54 pm
  #107  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 36
To Be Honest, I'm not 100% certain I can make it Sat night yet, but I'd still like to throw out a suggestion- Homes Brewery on Jackson Rd.

FOOD ? HOMES Brewery

Also the good thing is that everyone pays their own way/opens a tab when ordering so they're for sure good with individual checks. I just an unsure of if they take reservations,
nshah is offline  
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:13 am
  #108  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Posts: 2,604
Originally Posted by ceieoc
My first choice dinner on Saturday would be at Black Rock Restaurant for a group our size. Here is the Black Rock menu. Michigan Menu ? Black Rock Bar & Grill
The address for Black Rock is 3776 South State Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108. Their phone number is 734-992-9625. Hours are 11:00 am to 1:00 am on Friday and Saturday. This is on the south side of Ann Arbor near Costco Wholesale, McDonald's and the Ann Arbor Airport. The main cross streets are State Street and Ellsworth Roads. Black Rock has a large meeting room and many tables.

Another choice and good for a Friday night snack is Poke Fish. They have a smaller seating area and are located iin the strip mall across from the Arborland Mall on the East side of Ann Arbor. Here is a Poke Fish review. https://annarborobserver.com/s/poke_fish_sushi.html and https://annarborobserver.com/article...o_arrives.html
The address for Poke Fish is 3500 Washtenaw, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Phone: 734-922-2207. Open Friday and Saturday 11 am to 10:30 pm. Poke Fish website:

Next to Poke Fish is Blaze Pizza. Here is the Blaze Pizza website: https://www.blazepizza.com/locations/ann-arbor/ There is more table space at Blaze Pizza so you could get a Poke Bowl, walk to Blaze Pizza, order a pizza and eat there. The phone is 734-215-8079.

Next to Poke Fish and Blaze Pizza is Dickey's BBQ Pit. More info. https://orders.dickeys.com/menus

Also in this strip mall is the new Better Health Market & Cafe with deli items and a dine-in area. Food is sold by the ounce or the pound. Their phone is 734-975-6613. They close at 9:00 pm Their website is
https://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/
I actually like the option of all 3 of these. If one is busy, go to the other. Or, wait a little for the food of your choice. Everyone kinda hangs out and can intermingle. All the places sound tasty and everyone covers their own tab.
tc fly girl likes this.
Bikeguy is offline  
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:18 am
  #109  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Posts: 2,604
Just got a reservation at Webers for the Sunday brunch. 9:30AM is the time of our reservation. Individual checks. They will add a 20% tip.

There will be a walking tour of Ann Arbor after the brunch. People have been known to do part of the walking tour and leave in the middle to catch a flight, so that is OK if you need to.
Bikeguy is offline  
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:44 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CMH
Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Posts: 1,202
Originally Posted by ceieoc
My first choice dinner on Saturday would be at Black Rock Restaurant for a group our size. Here is the Black Rock menu. Michigan Menu ? Black Rock Bar & Grill
The address for Black Rock is 3776 South State Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108. Their phone number is 734-992-9625. Hours are 11:00 am to 1:00 am on Friday and Saturday. This is on the south side of Ann Arbor near Costco Wholesale, McDonald's and the Ann Arbor Airport. The main cross streets are State Street and Ellsworth Roads. Black Rock has a large meeting room and many tables.

Another choice and good for a Friday night snack is Poke Fish. They have a smaller seating area and are located iin the strip mall across from the Arborland Mall on the East side of Ann Arbor. Here is a Poke Fish review. https://annarborobserver.com/s/poke_fish_sushi.html and https://annarborobserver.com/article...o_arrives.html
The address for Poke Fish is 3500 Washtenaw, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Phone: 734-922-2207. Open Friday and Saturday 11 am to 10:30 pm. Poke Fish website:

Next to Poke Fish is Blaze Pizza. Here is the Blaze Pizza website: https://www.blazepizza.com/locations/ann-arbor/ There is more table space at Blaze Pizza so you could get a Poke Bowl, walk to Blaze Pizza, order a pizza and eat there. The phone is 734-215-8079.

Next to Poke Fish and Blaze Pizza is Dickey's BBQ Pit. More info. https://orders.dickeys.com/menus

Also in this strip mall is the new Better Health Market & Cafe with deli items and a dine-in area. Food is sold by the ounce or the pound. Their phone is 734-975-6613. They close at 9:00 pm Their website is
https://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/
For Sat night, Black Rock, or somewhere else with "a large meeting room and many tables" is my first choice. After all, we're driving up to socialize, so table arrangements are my first thought. Separate checks are also a plus. We are staying over Sunday night & would like to dine with others then, also, if someone would like to pick a place.
rxgeek is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:21 am
  #111  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Posts: 2,604
Originally Posted by rxgeek
For Sat night, Black Rock, or somewhere else with "a large meeting room and many tables" is my first choice. After all, we're driving up to socialize, so table arrangements are my first thought. Separate checks are also a plus. We are staying over Sunday night & would like to dine with others then, also, if someone would like to pick a place.
If you want to set up something at BlackRock, we will all go there.
Bikeguy is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:32 am
  #112  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Posts: 2,604
Caroline's latest blog post:

Road Tripping Through History: A Spanish Sojourn - Caroline Lupini
Bikeguy is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:08 pm
  #113  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Utqiagvik (Barrow) Alaska and Ann Arbor, Michigan
Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Posts: 632
Originally Posted by rxgeek
For Sat night, Black Rock, or somewhere else with "a large meeting room and many tables" is my first choice. After all, we're driving up to socialize, so table arrangements are my first thought. Separate checks are also a plus. We are staying over Sunday night & would like to dine with others then, also, if someone would like to pick a place.
Here is another restaurant in nearby Saline, Michigan that has ample table space. Since you are staying on Sunday night, they are also open on Sunday. "Smokehouse 52 BBQ" opened their second restaurant in Saline earlier this year. Their address is 105 West Michigan Avenue, Saline MI 48176. Phone: 734-316-7913. They also have a location in Chelsea, Michigan. Here are the reviews and a menu.

https://annarborwithkids.com/article...aurant-review/

https://annarborobserver.com/article..._openings.html

https://www.sh52bbq.com/our-menu/

Here is a review of their Chelsea location: https://annarborobserver.com/article...se_52_bbq.html
ceieoc is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:49 pm
  #114  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 116
Count me in (attending solo). Dave, PM (call/text/Facebook) if you need any help.
discountsae is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:33 pm
  #115  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CMH
Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Posts: 1,202
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
If you want to set up something at BlackRock, we will all go there.
I appreciate the vote of confidence but I'll leave it up to you organizers.
rxgeek is offline  
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:57 pm
  #116  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 3,041
If you are going to be around Friday night...I would not make any other plans...

Announcement coming sooooon. You won't believe what happens next, it will shock you! No videos will be attached, sad!

For the ones that were around last year on the Friday, you will likely not be shocked lol.
BThumme likes this.
gpapadop is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:10 am
  #117  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 3,041
Okay, it is official. The tradition continues. Party at my house on Friday night!

Start time 7 pm

I will provide all food and non alcoholic drinks. If you want to drink alcohol, bring your own beverages. You are responsible for what happens and you agree not to sue me if you show up

I recommend you arrange to drive together or Uber/Lyft. Please park on the street.

I have a new deck/patio so we should be okay I think to accommodate everyone but I would like to get an idea how many will show up so I can order appropriately. Last year there were a lot of leftovers and I am trying to eat less

I will have the address here briefly on the top of this post or via PM.

Looking forward to see you all.

Please, for Pete's sake, no bow ties lol.
DBoy, bk3day and BThumme like this.
gpapadop is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:11 am
  #118  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 3,041
Just fyi if you are visiting the Art Fairs:

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...8_ann_arb.html
gpapadop is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:10 am
  #119  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Posts: 2,604
Reminder that if you are on FaceBook, search for and join the Ann Arbor Art Fair DO Group.

You will get the latest info this way and possibly be able to meet up with others in town early or late.
Bikeguy is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:25 pm
  #120  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CMH
Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Posts: 1,202
Originally Posted by gpapadop

Please, for Pete's sake, no bow ties lol.
How about a MAGA hat?
rxgeek is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.