Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 14 (DTW) July 21-22, 2018

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 14 (DTW) July 21-22, 2018

Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: Too many.
Count me in. +1
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Let's go with a 12:30 start. Also, I just set up an Ann Arbor Art Fair DO Facebook group, so anyone interested in communicating about this or future events is welcome to join.

I'm thinking dinner will be at 6ish at the same Chinese restaurant where we ate last year. I haven't made a reservation, so am just planning on grabbing tables when we show.

Why doesn't anyone interested in brunch at Webers meet about 930AMish?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I drove by that Chinese restaurant yesterday (Asia City) and saw that it was closed with a sign in the front saying that "Asia Palace" is coming. Just fyi.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Let's go with a 12:30 start. Also, I just set up an Ann Arbor Art Fair DO Facebook group, so anyone interested in communicating about this or future events is welcome to join.

I'm thinking dinner will be at 6ish at the same Chinese restaurant where we ate last year. I haven't made a reservation, so am just planning on grabbing tables when we show.

Why doesn't anyone interested in brunch at Webers meet about 930AMish?
What's the name (or do you have a link) to the Facebook group? I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Just a head's up :

Ann Arbor street closing for Art Fair week include the following (some of which are usual suspects !!!)

Bob H
Monday, July 16-Thursday, Aug. 16. ​​Eastbound https://www.a2gov.org/departments/engineering/Pages/Scio-Church-Road-Improvements-Project-.aspx]Scio Church Road[/url] will be detoured:
  • North on Seventh Street.
  • East on West Stadium Boulevard.
  • South on South Main Street.
One lane of Scio Church Road will be maintained for westbound traffic at all times during this phase of the project, and local access will be maintained to all properties. The Scio Church Road Service Drive will remain accessible during the work.
Wednesday, July 18-Sunday, July 22, the following streets will be closed for the Ann Arbor Art Fair special event:
  • Liberty Street from South Ashley to South State Street; Ashley Street, Fourth Avenue, Fifth Avenue and Division Street will remain open to through traffic.
  • North University from Fletcher to South State Street.
  • Thayer Street from North University, including the North University intersection, to East Washington.
  • East Washington Street from South State Street to Fletcher.
  • South Main Street from the south side of Huron Street to the north side of William Street; Huron, Washington, and William Streets will remain open to traffic.
  • South State Street from East Washington Street to Madison.
  • South University from State to South Forest.
  • East University from South University Avenue to Willard Street.
  • Church​ Street from Willard Street to the entrance of the University of Michigan Church Street parking structure.
  • Maynard Street from Liberty Street to Jefferson.
  • Jefferson from Maynard Street to Thompson.
  • William Street from State Street to Thompson.
  • Thompson from Liberty Street to the parking structure entrance/exit.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrizShel
What's the name (or do you have a link) to the Facebook group? I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks!
Facebook group is "Ann Arbor Art Fair DO Group".

Not very creative.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I drove by that Chinese restaurant yesterday (Asia City) and saw that it was closed with a sign in the front saying that "Asia Palace" is coming. Just fyi.
Which large Asian restaurant is still open on Saturday nights that could absorb this group relatively easily?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: IHG, Ultimate Rewards, American
Count me in Ohio Flyer3 + 1

Count me in + 1 looking forward, thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Which large Asian restaurant is still open on Saturday nights that could absorb this group relatively easily?
I can't think of any. It is Saturday night. Art Fair. Large group! Asia City was perfect...considering the circumstances laid out. Any locals have any other ideas?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
Dmat + 1 unfortunately needs to bow out for the weekend; family stuff; apologies.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: W/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez
Just locked in the township hall.

6201 W Michigan Ave
Is this the same as the Pittsfield Charter Township location?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: W/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Is this the same as the Pittsfield Charter Township location?
Never mind. I saw gpapadop's previous comment.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gpapadop
I can't think of any. It is Saturday night. Art Fair. Large group! Asia City was perfect...considering the circumstances laid out. Any locals have any other ideas?
My first choice dinner on Saturday would be at Black Rock Restaurant for a group our size. Here is the Black Rock menu. Michigan Menu ? Black Rock Bar & Grill
The address for Black Rock is 3776 South State Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108. Their phone number is 734-992-9625. Hours are 11:00 am to 1:00 am on Friday and Saturday. This is on the south side of Ann Arbor near Costco Wholesale, McDonald's and the Ann Arbor Airport. The main cross streets are State Street and Ellsworth Roads. Black Rock has a large meeting room and many tables.

Another choice and good for a Friday night snack is Poke Fish. They have a smaller seating area and are located iin the strip mall across from the Arborland Mall on the East side of Ann Arbor. Here is a Poke Fish review. https://annarborobserver.com/s/poke_fish_sushi.html and https://annarborobserver.com/article...o_arrives.html
The address for Poke Fish is 3500 Washtenaw, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Phone: 734-922-2207. Open Friday and Saturday 11 am to 10:30 pm. Poke Fish website:

Next to Poke Fish is Blaze Pizza. Here is the Blaze Pizza website: https://www.blazepizza.com/locations/ann-arbor/ There is more table space at Blaze Pizza so you could get a Poke Bowl, walk to Blaze Pizza, order a pizza and eat there. The phone is 734-215-8079.

Next to Poke Fish and Blaze Pizza is Dickey's BBQ Pit. More info. https://orders.dickeys.com/menus

Also in this strip mall is the new Better Health Market & Cafe with deli items and a dine-in area. Food is sold by the ounce or the pound. Their phone is 734-975-6613. They close at 9:00 pm Their website is
https://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ceieoc
My first choice dinner on Saturday would be at Black Rock Restaurant for a group our size. Here is the Black Rock menu. Michigan Menu ? Black Rock Bar & Grill
The address for Black Rock is 3776 South State Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108. Their phone number is 734-992-9625. Hours are 11:00 am to 1:00 am on Friday and Saturday. This is on the south side of Ann Arbor near Costco Wholesale, McDonald's and the Ann Arbor Airport. The main cross streets are State Street and Ellsworth Roads. Black Rock has a large meeting room and many tables.

Another choice and good for a Friday night snack is Poke Fish. They have a smaller seating area and are located iin the strip mall across from the Arborland Mall on the East side of Ann Arbor. Here is a Poke Fish review. https://annarborobserver.com/s/poke_fish_sushi.html and https://annarborobserver.com/article...o_arrives.html
The address for Poke Fish is 3500 Washtenaw, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Phone: 734-922-2207. Open Friday and Saturday 11 am to 10:30 pm. Poke Fish website:

Next to Poke Fish is Blaze Pizza. Here is the Blaze Pizza website: https://www.blazepizza.com/locations/ann-arbor/ There is more table space at Blaze Pizza so you could get a Poke Bowl, walk to Blaze Pizza, order a pizza and eat there. The phone is 734-215-8079.

Next to Poke Fish and Blaze Pizza is Dickey's BBQ Pit. More info. https://orders.dickeys.com/menus

Also in this strip mall is the new Better Health Market & Cafe with deli items and a dine-in area. Food is sold by the ounce or the pound. Their phone is 734-975-6613. They close at 9:00 pm Their website is
https://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/
Would you like to tackle making a reservation? I've gotten myself in trouble quoting numbers of people and then having some no shows.

Also, isn't there an Asian buffet restaurant on the north side of Washtenaw I went to with you George? In a strip mall?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:12 pm

I think you mean an Indian restaurant? I think that may have been the last time I was there; not even sure if it is even still there.

On Wednesday I will have an announcement here, in the FB closed group and on my blog about, well, you probably all figured out what it is...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.