Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XIII (EZE) - Sep 01 to Sep 04, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Working from the Anselmo today.

Ordered beer for my welcome drink and immediately regretted it when I saw the bottle of Quilmes arrive.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Psyduck1
Working from the Anselmo today.

Ordered beer for my welcome drink and immediately regretted it when I saw the bottle of Quilmes arrive.
Beer in the morning when you're trying to work? Yikes!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:39 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Folks.... we have had to put Plan B into action for Saturday Dinner. Don Julio will not accomodate the large table we need... (long story).

I have rebooked the Group at La Cabrera....

La Cabrera Norte
Cabrera 5127
(cross-street Thames)

Please note the reservation is 8PM sharp - please be on time, else it will get complicated as Saturday night is a rough night.....

Thanks !!!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAgo TPgo
Taxi Curio Anselmo to La Dorita

Someone in the Anselmo Curio Hotel? Should take one taxi together around 8pm. Cheers, Manuel.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks to everybody for participating today.... I hope you enjoyed the wines.

Here is the ONG that coordinates our charitable efforts:
http://www.apaer.com.ar/site/
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Folks.... we have had to put Plan B into action for Saturday Dinner. Don Julio will not accomodate the large table we need... (long story).

I have rebooked the Group at La Cabrera....

La Cabrera Norte
Cabrera 5127
(cross-street Thames)

Please note the reservation is 8PM sharp - please be on time, else it will get complicated as Saturday night is a rough night.....

Thanks !!!
Only just noticed this and will have a few friends in tow from 8.30pm - we were planning to go to Don Julio but will go elsewhere as they turned down our reservation request too! A bit late to come and in any case I don't want to crash your table with a whole crowd of people. Great meeting you all earlier and enjoy the rest of your trip.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Dear All.... thanks again to everybody for participating this year, and especially to those that joined in our Charity Wine Tasting on Saturday.

The Monday Tasting will be called off - we dont have the minimum numbers required to make it work.

Hope everybody has a great final part of their visit.... for those staying in EZE for a couple of more days, lets keep in touch. Please let me know if you need any assistance with anything, I will be in and about town until Thursday - will be leaving for a quick trip to Wine Country after that.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks Alex, last night's steak was, without hyperbole, one billion times better.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thanks Alex, last night's steak was, without hyperbole, one billion times better.
Any news on when you'll be able to get back to Houston?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

As I have cold, leftover pizza for dinner, instead of being in Argentina.

I least I can go to Saucer for pint night tomorrow after my insurance rep comes by the house.

Next year, folks!
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Very happy to read this.

What did everybody else think...?

Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:38 am
Original Poster

How was the Grilled Pizza at Morelia on Saturday....?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
How was the Grilled Pizza at Morelia on Saturday....?
Nice. Not exceptional, but tasty. I did like how it was done, with extremely thin crust.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:02 pm

I'm at the airport, in the Centurion lounge now. My DL flight is almost two hours late, as I discovered when I woke up this morning. The inbound aircraft from ATL departed at about 10 am this morning rather than 10:20 pm last night, presumably due to MX.

My connections are fine--I allowed tons of extra time so that I could get a shower in ATL and then lunch rather than breakfast on my domestic connecting flight--but it's annoying that one is still supposed to arrive at the airport at the usual time when there is absolutely no chance that my flight can depart before the inbound flight arrives, which is known to be after the scheduled departure time for my flight.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:14 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you

to Gaucho100K for once again organizing a great COW DO [except for Sunday's cold rainy weather and hassles with getting home on DL--in short, my (and Psyduck1's) inbound aircraft was delayed by about thirteen hours, our flight was late by about two hours (although with no serious risk of missed connections for either of us), and then I got caught in WX/ATC delays of about five hours, including a return to the gate after sitting on the tarmac for two and a half hours. During all of this, I kept thinking about the great steak and Malbec I enjoyed in Buenos Aires.]

I'm very much looking forward to COW DO XIV.
StartinSanDiego likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.