Boston Do: September 15

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by jrl767
hopefully the TalkBoard members aren't hard of herring
I look at it this way: If the herring is strong enough to chop down the mightiest tree in Boston, it will probably get confiscated by the TSA.

Mike
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
would that confirm that TSA is e-fish-ent or de-fish-ent?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA
Newbie here. I'll join for my first Boston Do. Met CDKing on one of the $72 BOS-DFW
round trips last year.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TaiwanIndependence
Newbie here. I'll join for my first Boston Do. Met CDKing on one of the $72 BOS-DFW
round trips last year.
Great, looking forward to it!

Mike
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Thursday evening classes this fall, dammit!

I'm tentatively scheduled for Monday evenings in the spring. I don't recall a Boston Do that was on a Monday. Maybe the next one will work out!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Efrem
Thursday evening classes this fall, dammit!

I'm tentatively scheduled for Monday evenings in the spring. I don't recall a Boston Do that was on a Monday. Maybe the next one will work out!
Thanks Efrem! Remind me for the next one.

Mike
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:11 pm

I'll be there!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:31 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by mikeef
There will be no more creative names for Boston Dos until I get the appropriate apology from the TalkBoard.
I am sorry that you were unable to come up with a more creative name for this FlyerTalk event.

How was that?

Signed,

A Former Attendee Who Is the Current President of TalkBoard and Has Not Been to Boston Since

I think I was at the first one...?!?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I am sorry that you were unable to come up with a more creative name for this FlyerTalk event.

How was that?

Signed,

A Former Attendee Who Is the Current President of TalkBoard and Has Not Been to Boston Since

I think I was at the first one...?!?
Meh, close enough.

I seem to remember that you were, as there was quite the gathering of Mods in Boston that night.

Mike
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Meh, close enough.

I seem to remember that you were, as there was quite the gathering of Mods in Boston that night.
What — not good enough?!?

I worked very hard to come up with that one apology; and composing it takes a lot of work. I had to post it in one whole thread — and do not get me started on all of the work involved in not having to place a telephone call.

That’s not easy, ya know.

I take it as a personal insult that you criticize my apology. Thus, I’m going on strike. There will be no more criticizing creative names for Boston Dos until I get the appropriate apology from Efrem, who looks just like the Dovster — I have photographic proof of that claim — as I blame everything on those twin sons of different mothers.

Anyway, this was the event which I attended — I cannot tell you how much work it took to find it; let alone attend that event — which arguably had an even more boring name that the one for this month...
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:49 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Ah - yes. I (mostly) remember that one!

Thankfully, all the others I've attended have been much tamer.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
... I take it as a personal insult that you criticize my apology. Thus, I’m going on strike. There will be no more criticizing creative names for Boston Dos until I get the appropriate apology from Efrem, who looks just like the Dovster — I have photographic proof of that claim — as I blame everything on those twin sons of different mothers. ...
I would apologize for looking like Dovster, but I think he should apologize for looking like me. I've looked like me for longer than he's looked like him, though we've both looked like we look for longer than most other people have looked like anything.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What — not good enough?!?

I worked very hard to come up with that one apology; and composing it takes a lot of work. I had to post it in one whole thread — and do not get me started on all of the work involved in not having to place a telephone call.

That’s not easy, ya know.

I take it as a personal insult that you criticize my apology. Thus, I’m going on strike. There will be no more criticizing creative names for Boston Dos until I get the appropriate apology from Efrem, who looks just like the Dovster — I have photographic proof of that claim — as I blame everything on those twin sons of different mothers.

Anyway, this was the event which I attended — I cannot tell you how much work it took to find it; let alone attend that event — which arguably had an even more boring name that the one for this month...
Yeah, well I'm going on strike from going on strike. At this point, I don't even remember what I was going on strike for.

I don't think Efrem looks anything like Dovster, though. Efrem's a good-looking guy.

Mike
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, AA-Gold, DL-Plat
hey a heads up...there is a free country (Eli Young Band) concert in city hall plaza at 6:30pm which is across the street from Kinsdale. It may be a little crazy getting there and leaving from that area
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by youseeme
hey a heads up...there is a free country (Eli Young Band) concert in city hall plaza at 6:30pm which is across the street from Kinsdale. It may be a little crazy getting there and leaving from that area
Thanks! Everyone give yourself a bit of extra time!

Wait, a free country music concert? You mean people would pay for one?

Mike

Last edited by mikeef; Sep 8, 2016 at 7:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.