Reload this Page >

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
@Exit #3 with @EI147 & @angra watching Korean election videos on a truck...

Where is everyone? @nme7
We are inside Korea House.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hi all, regret that I cannot get away to meet/catch-up (serfty) due to work

Some great pictures and clearly folks are having fun.

regards, TK
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
On my way back to Japan in the morning for post-Do wanderings.

I have to commend our host and leader @nme7 on a great event! I am sure it was a giant pain to get organized and planned, but you pulled it off marvelously!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
shame we could not catch up T/K.

Thanks nme7 for great organisation - it was instructive and illuminating and
I enjoyed myself immensely.

It was good to catch up with met before FT'er friends and meet some new ones.

Early start back home tomorrow so an early night.

See you all soon, somewhere, sometime.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 19, 2017 at 3:10 am Reason: DYAC!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
And it's a beautiful sunny day in Seoul. Flight not until 4, but I'm sure I'll find something to do. Heard rumors of a fish market, and still have some shopping to do.

It's nice to sleep in a bit ^
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Many thanks to the organizers of both Japan and Korea outings! I'm currently sitting at the ANA lounge about to board my flight back to Houston. Not sure what continent end I'll see y'all on next, but hopefully sooner rather than later!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Korea Do 2017 has come to an end. Everything went smoothly and no mushroom clouds appeared over the horizon. I want to thank everyone for coming along on this short, but always entertaining tour of Seoul. We shared a few good meals and had some laughs along the way. I wish everyone a safe journey to your next destination. Planning for Korea Do 2018 has already begun! Hope to see everyone again next time!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:32 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thank you nme7 for the very well organised Korea Do. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Here is a group photo from the dinner last night. Sorry one or two of you are missing.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
And it's a beautiful sunny day in Seoul. Flight not until 4, but I'm sure I'll find something to do. Heard rumors of a fish market, and still have some shopping to do.

It's nice to sleep in a bit ^
Spent too much time lounging this morning. Finally left my room around 1 PM and caught the airport bus. Arrived at 2:45 for my 4 PM departure time. KE F is very calm, could have used a bit more time here. But bags checked thru to ANC ^
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Quick visit to OZ F lounge, heading out to board UA pretty soon wearing my leggings. Great to see you all, thanks nme7!!!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: Chase UR, Hyatt, Hilton, Wyndham
Mrs. GarySTL & I had a fabulous time at our first Do!. Including Japan, our first Do-Do. nme7, you did a fabulous job showing us Seoul and the culture of Korea. We enjoyed meeting and hanging with all of you so much. I'm sure I/we will be doing more. 80-90% sure of EZE in Sept.
Currently on way to bar at Grand Hyatt Incheon. Off to HKG in morning.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Have fun, currently at NRT awaiting my flight back to MEL.

As my bus departed the hotel for ICN, I saw you guys taking off for a (presumably brisk) morning walk, what, with the fine day and all.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 19, 2017 at 3:29 am
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
For the post do informal do at hkg, id bring you my welcome!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:32 pm

Back @sfo... in AMEX lounge shower room.

Flight delayed so I think I have time, although everyone thought I was crazy.

Did encounter a hiccup entering the country @Customs, apparently noodles with chicken powder are banned (bird flu) so I had a box confiscated the other box was ok. I didn't even know there was chicken inside- the agent had to ask several others for interpretation of the characters- I'm not even sure they knew for sure.

Oh and I missed the re-check area so had to trek back to recheck my bags. KE did tag them thru ^
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
For my post-post-do wanderings around Japan, I got several questions at border control about my intentions in Japan. I guess 2 entries within a week raises eyebrows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.