Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World's Shortest Cruise Do - 13 Sep 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
World's Shortest Cruise Do - 13 Sep 2015

How would you feel about three all-you-can-eat restaurant meals and a night in a hotel for under $100 per person? Join us on the Ruby Princess for a day and night of eating, drinking, and partying as we cruise from Seattle to Vancouver!

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseD...oyageCode=R540

Pre-Do activities will include dinner in Seattle on the 12th at a location to be determined.

If you've never booked with Princess before, let me know before booking, and I'll give you a referral that will get you $25 off your booking, making it an even cheaper night.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Participant List

In:
  • mahasamatman + 1
  • TH310 + 1
  • timid_trnchcoat
Maybe:
  • 8dimsum
  • carnivaltime
  • KathyWdrf
  • missydarlin + 1
  • PV_Premier
  • steveman518
  • techgirl

Last edited by mahasamatman; Aug 21, 2015 at 7:17 pm
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Pre-Do

Please check out the thread for the SEA to Shining Sea Do.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jun 21, 2015 at 11:00 am
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I could be arm twisted into another Princess cruise credit. I just tiny know my schedule this far out so mark me as a maybe.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by techgirl
I could be arm twisted into another Princess cruise credit.
These short cruises are great for accumulating credits. This will be our 21st on Princess, and we'll have a good time with $100 of cruise credit ($50 for the shareholder benefit and $50 for status) in addition to the cheap fare. I see some really good wine in our future...
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Sounds interesting. Subscribing to the thread to see the updates.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I never realized they did 1 night cruises!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I never realized they did 1 night cruises!
Most cruise lines have repositioning cruises in spring and fall to satisfy the requirements of the Passenger Vessel Services Act. In this case, the Ruby is based in Seattle over the summer, and they need to hit a foreign port before they start their winter schedule out of LA. (The PVSA prohibits them from sailing directly from Seattle to LA.) Thus, the one-night to Vancouver.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Most cruise lines have repositioning cruises in spring and fall to satisfy the requirements of the Passenger Vessel Services Act. In this case, the Ruby is based in Seattle over the summer, and they need to hit a foreign port before they start their winter schedule out of LA. (The PVSA prohibits them from sailing directly from Seattle to LA.) Thus, the one-night to Vancouver.
This reminds me of the impact of cabotage rules on private planes. Back in the day, when my family's company had a private jet contract, if we wanted to do a Canada-Canada flight we'd have to land in the US en route to "re-fuel", and then continue on, all because they use US registered and owned equipment.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Put me down as a maybe.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:42 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Put me down as a maybe +1
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Subscribing to this thread. Will not know my schedule until much later but this sounds interesting!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:59 am

put me down as interested-hopefully I'll still be in Seattle then!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:15 pm

Tempting. Girlfriends are booked for the Coral 9/16 Vancouver to SF, and I am thinking about traveling with 90yr old Mom to meet up with them. ... Maybe a Vancouver meet up?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Having done a Xmas cruise on the Regal Princess, with multi generations of family, I have now sworn off any mass market cruises. Dining in the up charge dining rooms was nice though and worth paying for, but I'm just use to excellent food being included in the fare. For the future I am sticking with my faves! Seabourn and Crystal.

That beng said I'm sure the mini do will be fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.