FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   World's Shortest Cruise Do - 13 Sep 2015 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1646149-worlds-shortest-cruise-do-13-sep-2015-a.html)

mahasamatman Jan 14, 2015 9:19 pm

World's Shortest Cruise Do - 13 Sep 2015

How would you feel about three all-you-can-eat restaurant meals and a night in a hotel for under $100 per person? Join us on the Ruby Princess for a day and night of eating, drinking, and partying as we cruise from Seattle to Vancouver!

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseD...oyageCode=R540

Pre-Do activities will include dinner in Seattle on the 12th at a location to be determined.

If you've never booked with Princess before, let me know before booking, and I'll give you a referral that will get you $25 off your booking, making it an even cheaper night.

mahasamatman Jan 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Participant List

In:
  • mahasamatman + 1
  • TH310 + 1
  • timid_trnchcoat
Maybe:
  • 8dimsum
  • carnivaltime
  • KathyWdrf
  • missydarlin + 1
  • PV_Premier
  • steveman518
  • techgirl

mahasamatman Jan 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Pre-Do

Please check out the thread for the SEA to Shining Sea Do.

techgirl Jan 15, 2015 6:07 pm

I could be arm twisted into another Princess cruise credit. I just tiny know my schedule this far out so mark me as a maybe.

mahasamatman Jan 15, 2015 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by techgirl (Post 24175401)
I could be arm twisted into another Princess cruise credit.

These short cruises are great for accumulating credits. This will be our 21st on Princess, and we'll have a good time with $100 of cruise credit ($50 for the shareholder benefit and $50 for status) in addition to the cheap fare. I see some really good wine in our future...

PV_Premier Jan 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Sounds interesting. Subscribing to the thread to see the updates.

krazykanuck Jan 17, 2015 8:25 pm

I never realized they did 1 night cruises!

mahasamatman Jan 17, 2015 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 24186758)
I never realized they did 1 night cruises!

Most cruise lines have repositioning cruises in spring and fall to satisfy the requirements of the Passenger Vessel Services Act. In this case, the Ruby is based in Seattle over the summer, and they need to hit a foreign port before they start their winter schedule out of LA. (The PVSA prohibits them from sailing directly from Seattle to LA.) Thus, the one-night to Vancouver.

krazykanuck Jan 18, 2015 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 24186792)
Most cruise lines have repositioning cruises in spring and fall to satisfy the requirements of the Passenger Vessel Services Act. In this case, the Ruby is based in Seattle over the summer, and they need to hit a foreign port before they start their winter schedule out of LA. (The PVSA prohibits them from sailing directly from Seattle to LA.) Thus, the one-night to Vancouver.

This reminds me of the impact of cabotage rules on private planes. Back in the day, when my family's company had a private jet contract, if we wanted to do a Canada-Canada flight we'd have to land in the US en route to "re-fuel", and then continue on, all because they use US registered and owned equipment.

KathyWdrf Jan 19, 2015 4:43 am

Put me down as a maybe.

missydarlin Jan 26, 2015 12:42 am

Put me down as a maybe +1

ssafro1 Feb 10, 2015 11:36 am

Subscribing to this thread. Will not know my schedule until much later but this sounds interesting!

steveman518 Feb 11, 2015 1:59 am

put me down as interested-hopefully I'll still be in Seattle then!

8dimsum Feb 13, 2015 12:15 pm

Tempting. Girlfriends are booked for the Coral 9/16 Vancouver to SF, and I am thinking about traveling with 90yr old Mom to meet up with them. ... Maybe a Vancouver meet up?

cruisr Feb 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Having done a Xmas cruise on the Regal Princess, with multi generations of family, I have now sworn off any mass market cruises. Dining in the up charge dining rooms was nice though and worth paying for, but I'm just use to excellent food being included in the fare. For the future I am sticking with my faves! Seabourn and Crystal.

That beng said I'm sure the mini do will be fun.