FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

NYC Manufactured Spending Meetup?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:24 am

NY'er here

Originally Posted by Timothyy7
Just curious if there are any members or anyone into MSing, that is interested and that lives in NY. I'm from NY. Was wondering if we could be friends and discuss and share ideas. I think making a NY MS community group even in person would be really awesome.
I am for sure interested....
Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat Hyatt Diamond Marriot Plat elite Hilton DIamond and IHG Plat
New to FT and joined for the MS aspect. Please keep me in the loop about upcoming meetings.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Hi everyone, I have updated the wiki to show who is interested in a meetup soon. Please don't mind that I noted who can't post there due to low post count; that will make it easier to know where to look for updates

-J.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:23 am

Meetup

I am for sure interested. In NJ right across the Hudson, easy access to NYC.

Any other MS'ers in NJ?

T.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by GowHyperFarmFood1
I am for sure interested. In NJ right across the Hudson, easy access to NYC.

Any other MS'ers in NJ?

T.
You have been added to the wiki.

I can't do this Monday, and would prefer not to do Friday, but any other night I am available. Don't forget to vote on the 3rd! How does Wednesday, November 4th, work for you all?

-J.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:38 am

Wednesday is good, depending on the time.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How about 7pm? This Wednesday is pretty short notice, and I could do next week if that works better for everyone (except Friday 11/13).

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to go? I'll add a suggestion list to the wiki (some places might look familiar).

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Nov 1, 2015 at 8:10 pm
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Airline independent, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Unfortunately I can't make this Wednesday and I'm coming back from Boston. Next time though!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:29 pm

I already have plans for this Wednesday. As GW McLintock mentioned, can we do this next week?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's make it next week. I can't do Monday or Friday but the other three days work for me!

-J.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Let's make it next week. I can't do Monday or Friday but the other three days work for me!

-J.
I can't do Wednesday or Thursday. I vote for Tuesday Nov. 10?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xeal
I can't do Wednesday or Thursday. I vote for Tuesday Nov. 10?
I second that. 7pm work? I will update the wiki... in the meantime, please update the wiki or post in the thread if this works and you can make it. Also help choose a place!

-J.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I second that. 7pm work? I will update the wiki... in the meantime, please update the wiki or post in the thread if this works and you can make it. Also help choose a place!

-J.
I kept the locations on the east side because I think I read somewhere someone prefers to be closer to grand central.

Options:
  1. Yuca Bar (half off tapas until 8pm): Ave A & 7th st - http://yucabarnyc.com/events/
  2. Nomado 33 (sushi happy hour until 8pm): 33rd st (btwn Lex & 3rd) - http://www.nomado33.com/
  3. Yakiniku Gen (Japanese drinks & food happy hour until 7pm, may have to push up meet up to 6:30pm): 52nd st and 2nd Ave - http://www.okidoki345.com/menu/gen_dinner.pdf
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:04 pm

I am off that day. No locations should be a problem.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xeal
I kept the locations on the east side because I think I read somewhere someone prefers to be closer to grand central.

Options:
  1. Yuca Bar (half off tapas until 8pm): Ave A & 7th st - http://yucabarnyc.com/events/
  2. Nomado 33 (sushi happy hour until 8pm): 33rd st (btwn Lex & 3rd) - http://www.nomado33.com/
  3. Yakiniku Gen (Japanese drinks & food happy hour until 7pm, may have to push up meet up to 6:30pm): 52nd st and 2nd Ave - http://www.okidoki345.com/menu/gen_dinner.pdf
Good point about the locations. I got rid of a couple (one in LIC, the other was the same as last month) and added yours. Can I add you to the confirmed list?

Any of those are fine with me, although you have a good point about Yakiniku Gen (although it's so convenient for me!).

Originally Posted by Burittoman
I am off that day. No locations should be a problem.
I have updated the wiki

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.