Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Manufactured Spending Meetup?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
No meet-up currently planned.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:21 pm

Thanks for the meetup. I would like to attend.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:21 pm

+1 for SF.

New to the game and looking to take things to the next level! This could be fun.

Also does anyone know of any locations here in the city where we can still transact with CC for VR's or the like?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by greggarious
Ok, so one person would do 7pm-9pm on 8/6 at the SF Four Seasons. Who else would attend?

Also, in reply to your comments on startups: keep in mind most MS techniques can also be used by fraudsters to liquidate stolen credit cards. So trying to "grow" a startup by appealing to MSers could backfire badly

Frankly, I think a lot of this stuff will be less relevant when the economy picks back up. I think a lot of people are obsessed with getting 2-5% return on their day to day spending because interest rates are so low and the stock market so wonky. For similar reasons, people want to spend less on vacations and look for points to cut the major expense of most vacations (airfare).
I could.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:38 pm

+1
Been lurking.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:53 am

so what's up guys? are we doing this??
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:48 am

I would like to come

Originally Posted by sedubby
As @OP, I'm in favor of MKT, the hotel bar at the Four Seasons. Went there last week for the first time - great open space, convenient location, and not too busy.

Also a bit ironic since it is one of the few major hotel chains with neither a loyalty program nor branded credit card Hopefully that changes one day.

Purchases from the bar code as "travel" on Arrival. Haha.
Since we're meeting at a hotel bar, and I'm under 21, would I be allowed in if I don't buy any drinks? I'm from San Jose and would like to come. Is there anyone else coming from either San Jose or the peninsula?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Peon
+.5 (coming from the East Bay, hope to make it but probably won't know until Wednesday)
Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Hey everybody, if you can sign up on Doodle if you're coming it'll help people decide whether they want to (no one wants to show up to an empty room):

http://doodle.com/2mifhpsxbmfuefk6
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Thread relocation

While I appreciate Manufactured Spending is the reason FTers are meeting up in SFO I've relocated this thread to the CommunityBuzz forum as that is traditionally were such social events are planned and promoted. There is a permanent link to the thread in the MS forum.

Regards,

tcook052
Manufactured Spending Forum Moderator
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:48 pm
Suspended

So I just found out an old college friend will be in town tomorrow, so I won't actually make it to the meet myself most likely. Hopefully somone will PM me if anything interesting comes up?

I hope the doodle was useful!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Since a wiki has been created, you'll be able to update it when you have future get-togethers w/ date/time/location.

Some of the other city-based MS Meetups/Dos have picked dates like 1st Friday or 2nd Saturday (or fill in the day) each month so that people can get it on their calendars. Might be something to consider moving forward.

Cheers.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Peon

I got here a little early and grabbed a spot -- first seats on the right when you enter.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
May I remind you that CommunityBuzz is the official FlyerTalk forum for members' get-togethers which are often referred to as 'Dos'.

Any MS discussion not related to gatherings of members should be posted in the MS forum. Posts which are off topic in CommunityBuzz will be (and have been) deleted.

NewbieRunner
Co-Moderator, CommunityBuzz
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:40 am

where can the members who got together last night, post back and forth without you deleting our posts?

I would like to be able to post things that pertained to topics we discussed during our get together, which are of course relevant to the people who attended?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by whisp
where can the members who got together last night, post back and forth without you deleting our posts?

I would like to be able to post things that pertained to topics we discussed during our get together, which are of course relevant to the people who attended?
Yeah that's kind of a catch-22. It's off topic in MS because it's a meeting - it's off topic in Community Buzz because it's MS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.