Reload this Page >

Boston Summer Do: 7/24

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Summer Do: 7/24

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:46 pm

can't believe i almost missed this!! please count me in - 90% sure i can make it looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by brownie20
can't believe i almost missed this!! please count me in - 90% sure i can make it looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Looking forward to seeing you again!

Mike
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by diburning
I might be able to go, but not definite yet as I have been working nights on Thursdays lately.
Change me to a definite! I will be a bit late though, as I will be getting out of work at 6.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Looking forward to seeing you again!

Mike
thank you, look forward to seeing you again too!!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
So we are essentially the same person... Only he is bettet looking

We don't have an automated system, but we do them every three months, which means the next one will be in mid-October. If you PM me at the end of September, I"ll have a date.

For those of you who don't know baccarat_king, here's an analogy:

bac_king is to gaming loyalty programs as Marathon Man is to frequent flyer programs.

Mike
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:55 am

I am planning on being there and looking forward to my first DO.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by scotty00
I'll be there assuming I'm in town.
Mike-- You can count me in as confirmed!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looking forward to seeing you all there. Note that we have not one, but two people flying in from Amsterdam. I like to think it was just for the Do.

Please note: We normally gather on the patio at Kinsale. I'm going to try to remember to bring nametags. We seem to have a bunch of newbies, so if you don't quite know where to go, head out to the patio and look for the yellow Flyertalk tags on our bags. One of the nice things about the Boston group is that it is an extremely friendly group. We have yet to have any jerks show up.

For those who are really new to the mileage game, I'd recommend a notebook, just in case you hear an idea that you want to explore, since many of them are multi-step.

Mike
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:02 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
For those of you who don't know baccarat_king, here's an analogy:

bac_king is to gaming loyalty programs as Marathon Man is to frequent flyer programs.
Awwww... thanks... even got Mohegan Sun to send a discretionary COMP LIMO to Boston-Logan to pick-up my wife on Friday night, she arrives on Delta 267 from Amsterdam. I'm staying over in Boston post-DO, and then off to Mohegan on Friday. Was supposed to meet the wife at Boston Logan; but she now has "super important" things which caused her to take the 14:55 instead of 11:10 flight AMS-BOS. Alas, I ain't waiting around Boston all day for her, and then hitting traffic to Mohegan Sun. I have better things to do... like Spa Treatments...

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
So we are essentially the same person... Only he is better looking
Has Mike been telling you how handsome I am, wow, that's nice.

Looking forward to seeing you all there. Note that we have not one, but two people flying in from Amsterdam. I like to think it was just for the Do.
Hey, don't forget the dog. The dog also flew in from Amsterdam! You can read all about that adventure in the Delta forums. Alas, the thread has already been locked. Yep, bring up dogs or babies, and the threads get locked mighty fast. LOL

Amazing twist, to the story, turns out another FlyerTalker was sitting right next to me on the flight!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:28 am

I will definitely be attending. Really looking forward to this!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I'm in! Looking forward to this! See you guys around 6-6:30.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:55 pm

I'm in

Count me in. Great idea to organize such a event.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looking forward to meeting everyone. This is about the largest group we've had, so I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

Also looking forward to putting the Do on my Citi card and getting 2X TYP (translates at 2.5% if used for travel), and then paying that card off with a debit card for an additional 3.8% after fees. Or, I could just use my TD card and get a straight 5%. Decisions, decisions...

Mike
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baccarat_king

Hey, don't forget the dog. The dog also flew in from Amsterdam! You can read all about that adventure in the Delta forums. Alas, the thread has already been locked. Yep, bring up dogs or babies, and the threads get locked mighty fast. LOL.
Oh, I didn't forger Mr. L. Note that I said two people. That does not include fur creatures who think they are people.

Mike
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
BTW. Has anyone from ITA ever come to one of these DOs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.