Reload this Page >

A hole in Flyertalk that may never be filled: RIP Cordelli

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Thank you to dhammer53 for the Mass Service [post 117] and Donation information [post 122]:

Update: 27th August, 2013

Cards can be mailed to Anna at

18 Mill Rd
Easton, CT 06612-2220
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna Cordelli has asked that in lieu of flowers, please consider sending donations in honor of Mike to the following non-profit organizations:

T.A.I.L.S (The Alliance in Limiting Strays)
PO Box 2277
Westport, CT 06880
http://www.tailsct.org/4/index.php

or

Colbert Veterinary Rescue
41 County Road 229,
Colbert, GA 30628
http://www.colbertvetrescue.org/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI, Mike was a co-founder of T.A.I.L.S.
Print Wikipost

A hole in Flyertalk that may never be filled: RIP Cordelli

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
A huge loss. RIP, Mike. You will be missed. My condolences to Anna and all his family and friends. He was a great guy, a pleasure to hang out with.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:27 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
RIP Cordelli. You're memory lives on.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:28 pm

I'm so sad, and his wife and family are in my prayers.

I've never met Mike, but I know what a great Flyertalk contributor he was. When I first joined Flyertalk, I read though lots and lots of threads to familiarize myself with all there is to know, and I've come across some of Mike's posts and paused to look at the name, and thought, "wow, Mike wrote such nice, articulate and very helpful posts. No doubt he's a wonderful in person as well".

I'm sorry to hear about the news, and he will be sorely missed.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
i'm shocked and saddened to hear of his sudden passing. RIP, Cordelli, you'll be greatly missed, on flyertalk and off.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
cordelli

My deepest sympathies to Mike's family and friends. He was a man with a huge heart and a gentle soul. It was apparent in all that he did.

He will be greatly missed.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I'm stunned. While I never met him, I enjoyed some of his posts. RIP, you will be missed.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Just have to add my sadness at seeing the passing of a class act on here. RIP and thanks for the memories.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Very sad news, he will be missed.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
RIP Mike, condolences to his family.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I don't think that I ever met Mike, but I had deep respect for his posts here on FT and how others who knew him in person thought of him. My condolences go out to his wife and to his friends here on FT.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I posted this earlier today on Facebook.

I knew Mike over 10 years. We broke bread many times at restaurants, WineDo's, and in my home. A nice guy is an understatement when talking about Cordelli. Mike was a caring individual. When he found out that I was in the toy business, he asked if I had anything that could be donated to the disadvantaged children in Norwalk CT. He would come to my home annually to pick up those boxes of toys. Mike also was involved in animal rescue. His post on Facebook always reminded his followers to think about those homeless animals.

I feel so sorry for Anna, his wife. They did everything together. It's my understanding that he died in Napa; enjoying another one of his passions, wine (and travel). Mike could be depended on to bring a good, no, exceptional bottle to our wine dinners aka WineDo.

To say I'll miss him is an understatement. He wasn't a screen name to me. He wasn't someone that I met once or twice and touched me. Mike was someone that I knew and liked after multiple meals together in the Metro NY area.

To those reading that didn't know Mike Cordelli, or only knew him from what he posted on Flyertalk, you missed out. If you knew Mike, then you understand what I'm saying.

Mike was a rare breed in the online world and in the flesh. He was a real gentlemen. May his memory be a blessing.

WineDo 7 will be in his honor in June 2014.

Dan
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Oh my what sad news. I, like many others, benefited from his posts and it will be a great loss indeed not to see his name on posts.

My condolences to his family and I express my deep gratitude for his presence in my online world.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
I never met Mike but he was gracious and generous with a great sense of humor. He will be missed by the FT community. Condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by dhammer53

I knew Mike over 10 years. We broke bread many times at restaurants, WineDo's, and in my home. A nice guy is an understatement when talking about Cordelli. Mike was a caring individual. When he found out that I was in the toy business, he asked if I had anything that could be donated to the disadvantaged children in Norwalk CT. He would come to my home annually to pick up those boxes of toys. Mike also was involved in animal rescue. His post on Facebook always reminded his followers to think about those homeless animals.

I feel so sorry for Anna, his wife. They did everything together. It's my understanding that he died in Napa; enjoying another one of his passions, wine (and travel). Mike could be depended on to bring a good, no, ex
ceptional bottle to our wine dinners aka WineDo.

To say I'll miss him is an understatement. He wasn't a screen name to me. He wasn't someone that I met once or twice and touched me. Mike was someone that I knew and liked after multiple meals together in the Metro NY area.

To those reading that didn't know Mike Cordelli, or only knew him from what he posted on Flyertalk, you missed out. If you knew Mike, then you understand what I'm saying.

Mike was a rare breed in the online world and in the flesh. He was a real gentlemen. May his memory be a blessing.

Dan
Thank you Dan for such a beautiful and heartfelt tribute. You can rest assured that the next Mod Do will honor Mike's memory and legacy.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhammer53

I feel so sorry for Anna, his wife. They did everything together. It's my understanding that he died in Napa; enjoying another one of his passions, wine (and travel). Mike could be depended on to bring a good, no, exceptional bottle to our wine dinners aka WineDo.

Dan
^Not much more to add to your comment. I'm in shock. What a fine guy. I feel like we will need to have an empty chair with 25 wine glasses at the place setting next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.