Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
INDIVIDUAL EVENT REGISTRATION

DO DINNER TICKETS

Schedule

AttendeesInbound FlightsAccommodationOutbound Flights

Getting there and getting around
Narita Express (N'EX) | N'EX Tokyo Direct Ticket | N'EX timetable from NRT | N'EX timetable to NRT |Keisei Skyliner | Keisei Skyliner Timetable | Airport Limousine Bus | Access to/from HND | Japan Rail Pass | JR Kanto Area Pass | Using Suica/Pasmo card

Route and station maps
Tokyo Metropolitan Area rail network map | JR East major route map | Tokyo Subway route map | JR Yamanote Line loop | Narita Airport (T1) station map | Narita Airport (T2) station map | Arriving in Shinjuku by Narita Express

Late Registration - Send Private Message to armagebedar, penegal and NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Great photos! Can't wait to see more. I think you just self-nominated for the official photographer of Japan Do #3
Old May 1, 2014, 11:35 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SQ421
Great photos! Can't wait to see more. I think you just self-nominated for the official photographer of Japan Do #3
Indeed! ^ They put my snapshots taken on an iPhone to shame.
Old May 2, 2014, 5:22 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SQ421
You can have more photos but given I didn't make it to many events then I don't think I would make for an official photographer of the 2015 do.

Did we work out what this building is called?

A train

Herzog and de Mueron's wonderful Prada Building in Omotesando

Whatever this was on the way back to the Hilton

I have forgotten what these little lanes were called

A bell at Narita

Oh and some brassy things at the big temple

It was the French FA from the Tokyo crew that recommended a trip to Narita. It was a stellar suggestion, like having a whole extra day rather than a layover of 8 hours in the UA club.
Old May 2, 2014, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Indeed! ^ They put my snapshots taken on an iPhone to shame.
Still want to see them. What is holding you up ?
Old May 2, 2014, 5:24 am

Ooops, forgot the Mori Tower at Roppongi

Old May 2, 2014, 6:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Still want to see them. What is holding you up ?
There are far too many. I'm trying to pick the presentable ones. Also trying to put them in a trip report, which may or may not happen.
Old May 2, 2014, 7:01 am

Did we work out what this building is called?

Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower

I have forgotten what these little lanes were called

Omoide Yokocho (Memory Lane) in Shinjuku
Old May 2, 2014, 7:13 am

Thanks NewbieRunner
Old May 2, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm sure the organisers of Japan Do 2015 will choose the venue with attendees in mind rather than for their convenience. The Easter weekend 2015 will be during the school holiday and peak tourist season in Japan as in 2013. Although Tokyo has a lot to offer somewhere outside Tokyo where accommodation is cheaper might be considered? Please post your thoughts.

My only suggestion to the fellow organisers is whatever they do CHOOSE A PLACE WHERE IT DOESN'T RAIN!!!

The last week of March is my spring holiday in 2015. Having it then would mean I could travel without playing hooky. The first two Japan Dos were so great that I am already thinking about #3!
Old May 4, 2014, 5:16 am

A new thread for Japan Do #3 is now open. We hope to keep this thread open for a while so people can post their trip reports, photos, etc.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Smile ☯ Photographs and Memories ☯

It took me a while to get back to this forum. (I have lots of other interests, both on-line as well as in real life.) I had a pretty good time with Japan Do #2, despite missing the Shinjuku stroll on Friday morning. (Where was your first stop? I thought it would be the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. But when I got there, and you weren't there, I figured I had better cease chasing you.)
Will I try for Japan Do #3? I don't think so. Maybe after ten trips to Tokyo, I can give it a break and try another country. [I'm contemplating northern Germany, and Copenhagen, Denmark.]
Overall, I took a whole bunch of photographs during this trip to Tokyo & Yokohama. It took me a little while to classify them.
I've opted to go with only one photograph from Thursday night. Since I barely knew any of you, I did not want to randomly snap shots of attendees. There are a lot more images of Friday night, and Saturday night.

My photographs are all Creative Commons - Noncommercial - Allow Derivative Works - Share Alike

If there are any questions about these photographs, you may remark in the thread, or you may send me a private message. Do contemplate it may take me a while back onto this forum. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.