Reload this Page >

Boston Do: May 22. Spring may be back!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2013, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Tentative date for next BOS DO is Monday, July 22.

If you'd like to give some input for the next DO location, see this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20799272-post145.html
Print Wikipost

Boston Do: May 22. Spring may be back!

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I've spoken to the folks at Kinsale and requested our normal patio spot. I'm assuming the weather will be pretty good at the end of May!

Mike
Old May 1, 2013, 1:49 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I got a threatening note from a certain someone (*cough cough* Mike *cough cough*), as I had not yet seen this thread.

A little uncertain of my travel schedule, but for now, please put me in the "yes" column.

Originally Posted by tkey75
Once upon a time we had a good meet at the Cambridge Brewing Company; equally as accessible, same outdoor seating scenario, they brew their own beer, have pretty good food and are not a chain restaurant. JMHO and just tossing it out there...
(I second this motion, though I am slightly biased as I think I was the one that hosted the CBC meet-up a few years back. I like the Kinsale location and venue, which is a pretty high priority in my mind. I've always been less than enthusiastic about the beer prices and quality of food there. But again, I don't go for the food; I go for the company...oh, and to be ridiculed for knowing so little about credit card programs and manufactured spend. )
Old May 1, 2013, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I, too, had not seen this thread. There's an outside chance that I'll be able to attend, so mark me a definite maybe. At least I'll be in the correct hemisphere on that day, just not sure yet if Boston.
Old May 1, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: US Plat, AA Plat, SPG Gold
Count me in, see you guys there.
Old May 2, 2013, 7:53 am

I'll be there as well! I need ideas for my summer vacation :-)
Old May 2, 2013, 10:36 am

Firewind, thanks for posting in the old forum!

Mike, count me in.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JY1024
I got a threatening note from a certain someone (*cough cough* Mike *cough cough*), as I had not yet seen this thread.

A little uncertain of my travel schedule, but for now, please put me in the "yes" column.

(I second this motion, though I am slightly biased as I think I was the one that hosted the CBC meet-up a few years back. I like the Kinsale location and venue, which is a pretty high priority in my mind. I've always been less than enthusiastic about the beer prices and quality of food there. But again, I don't go for the food; I go for the company...oh, and to be ridiculed for knowing so little about credit card programs and manufactured spend. )
Glad to know that I am intimidating!

Topic 1 for this Do: Location for the next Do.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I, too, had not seen this thread. There's an outside chance that I'll be able to attend, so mark me a definite maybe. At least I'll be in the correct hemisphere on that day, just not sure yet if Boston.
Excellent, hope to see you there. I enjoy your posts in Starwood.

And everyone else, whom I was too lazy to quote, looking forward to seeing you again!

Mike
Old May 2, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Would love to attend - add me to yes!

Originally Posted by mikeef
Glad to know that I am intimidating!

Topic 1 for this Do: Location for the next Do.

Excellent, hope to see you there. I enjoy your posts in Starwood.

And everyone else, whom I was too lazy to quote, looking forward to seeing you again!

Mike
Old May 2, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by JY1024
Mike's trying to pack the meetup with A-listers - it's not enough that he's got Marathon Man - in hopes that that will encourage more of us commoners to attend, so he can generously offer to take our cash and "cover" the whole bill with his credit card...
Old May 3, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
Mike's trying to pack the meetup with A-listers - it's not enough that he's got Marathon Man - in hopes that that will encourage more of us commoners to attend, so he can generously offer to take our cash and "cover" the whole bill with his credit card...
Firewind, you're an A-Lister in my book.

But the bad news is, my super-secret new credit card only gives me a bonus at Grocery Stores, Gas Stations and Drugstores. Not sure why I thought restaurants were covered.

sweeper20, you've been added!

Mike
Old May 3, 2013, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
the other night a few of us went out and I LET Mike use his new CC even though all of us were laughing knowing full well it didnt count for the bar tab hahaha

yes we were the anti miles group
Old May 3, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
aka the dark side
Old May 3, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
the other night a few of us went out and I LET Mike use his new CC even though all of us were laughing knowing full well it didnt count for the bar tab hahaha

Yeah, I wrote a computer program for you in BASIC:

10 Bite me
20 Go to 10

Mike
Old May 3, 2013, 3:32 pm

Pickle fight!
Old May 3, 2013, 5:33 pm

Yes to my attending.

For those so inclined, the Boston CVS stores seem to always have a good supply of VR's. Even a CVS located adjacent to the restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.