Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2012 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Start off a little late this year but im off to shop this weekend. I'm glad this is an easy one. He/she gave me enough info to shop.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 3:12 pm

The recipient of my Secret Santa gift was pretty easy to stalk online with his real name. Part-one of the gift has already been sent. part two will follow shortly.

Had a false alarm mail delivery at the office today. Waiting in anticipation.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by lisamcgu

I am sure my recipient has a wonderful, full life, but all I know is they like to eat and drink, which coincidentally are about all I said I liked to do in the past, and who doesn't like to eat and drink? It would be good to know, for instance, who do you eat and drink with, or in my case without? In fact, whoever got me this year, if you want to send babysitter or dogsitting svcs I think I forgot to mention that ...
lisamcgu,

Come to New York and I promise you this Elf will feed you, nurture you, and take care of you. Isn't that what old friends are for?

Speaking of the Elves... many of you know that The Elves were affected by Hurricane Sandy. We didn't appreciate not having power at the workshop for 6 days. I wish you could have seen the look on Mrs. Elf's face when she came out of a hot shower into a 45 degree F (7C) ice cold bathroom. It wasn't pleasant. Anywho, after taking a vacation to LIM and EZE, the staff is back at full throttle making toys. This year, priority goes to the children affected by Hurricane Sandy that live at the shore in New Jersey,
Southern Brooklyn, the south shore of Long Island, and the Breezy Point neighborhood in the Rockaways (Queens) NY. If you've ever departed JFK with Santa, it's called the Breezy Point climb. You see it 2 minutes after departure.

Speaking of New Jersey, I emphatically deny that Governor Chris Christie has a second job. There's only 1 Santa, and that's my Boss Santa wharvey. ^

Now back to the workshop.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:16 pm

Gifts sent as well as PMs with tracking numbers for Santa wharvey's list. Although, I forgot to add the note to the package.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
To my Secret Santa,

Thanks for the items for cooking! I'll put them to good use!

robin
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I'm late in signing up this year, but I finally did get my PM off to wharvey!

Signed up for only 2 slots as I offered to help a dear friend who just had successful brain surgery. I thought it would be nice for him to join in and receive a nice surprise, and I would do his shopping for him. Now to get him to quickly put together his wishlist and get that PM off to wharvey also.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:37 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Signed up! Can't wait for my assignments!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Delta Gold
First of two packages for our state-side Secret Santa recipient has been sent. The other will go out next week after I get one last thing. And the international recipient's package was mailed today. PM was sent to you, wharvey.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
Some of us recycle the same stuff every year beause it seems to work really well every year, leaving us very pleased with our gifts.
touche!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Yesterday, hub said to get a sitter and we would go out, which we did and it was incredible (Wine Cave in Ventura, CA, best food and drink). Coming home at 7:45 pm, which is my daughter's bedtime and therefore late for us, it was my job to drive the sitter home, which I did rather sleepily, and came home and we all went to bed. Next am, hub had to leave early so at 5 am, as he exits the house he practically trips over a box from Amazon (a punch fountain for my daughter's parties, I assumed) sitting on the porch in front of the door. When did they show up is the first question. Like 9pm?? Ok, fine, so I have been shopping all over the place getting ready not only for an Xmas but a Hannukah and the item I just ordered from Amazon has just arrived ... not quite. It was from my FT SS!! Pink crafty stuff for my daughter which made her squeal with delight (literally) while getting ready for school. I thought the box was something I had ordered so it didn't occur to me to not open it until Xmas. All the better. If I had given the items to my daughter then they would have got lost in the shuffle of all the other stuff she usually gets and not been as special. Thanks!!!

Oh, edited to add that there was also a little newfoundland ornament in there. It was super cute and today is my daughter's day to share at school, so she grabbed it and used it for show and tell!!

Last edited by lisamcgu; Nov 30, 2012 at 11:18 pm Reason: forgot something
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.

Sent sent 2 packages to the states for my SS's.
Sent IM to Bill with all the details..
I received via email from my SS for a Starbucks gift card.. To tie me over for another sursprise Hope it works here in Sweden.. Fingers cross .. If not its all good .. It's the though that counts really.. Nowadays it's not what U receive but the idea that someone thought of you that U haven't met.. I'm touched
Thanks my Secret Santa..
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Sent sent 2 packages to the states for my SS's.
Sent IM to Bill with all the details..
I received via email from my SS for a Starbucks gift card.. To tie me over for another sursprise Hope it works here in Sweden.. Fingers cross .. If not its all good .. It's the though that counts really.. Nowadays it's not what U receive but the idea that someone thought of you that U haven't met.. I'm touched
Thanks my Secret Santa..
Yes I agree with you completely about the fact someone thinks of you when buying a gift.
I had a lot of fun last year and there are lots of good people in the world.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by kaija
First of two packages for our state-side Secret Santa recipient has been sent. The other will go out next week after I get one last thing. And the international recipient's package was mailed today. PM was sent to you, wharvey.
When Secret Santa began, many of us sent 'tease' gifts. Sometimes it was a 'paper' item and sometimes it was something cute ie a Starwood baseball cap. I recall once that I mailed postcards from different locations just to throw my SS off the track.

So this year, I already sent my tease gift, with another more substantial tease to come. Since I still have a few weeks until the holiday, I'll wait a while to send the actual gift.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:03 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Pressies have been sent via reindeer mail

This year one of my victims provided a one word answer to part i) and another provided a virtual book

This all has me thinking if my own answer was helpful enough.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by dhammer53
When Secret Santa began, many of us sent 'tease' gifts. Sometimes it was a 'paper' item and sometimes it was something cute ie a Starwood baseball cap. I recall once that I mailed postcards from different locations just to throw my SS off the track.

So this year, I already sent my tease gift, with another more substantial tease to come. Since I still have a few weeks until the holiday, I'll wait a while to send the actual gift.
I like this "tease" idea....doesn't have to be something big or expensive, just connecting to extend good wishes for the holiday season and to whet the appetite....Next year I am going to do that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.