Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

BOS mini DO ~ Tues, April 24 and more ~ Surrounding the topic of the UA MoM promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS mini DO ~ Tues, April 24 and more ~ Surrounding the topic of the UA MoM promo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I'll actually be flying into Boston on the afternoon of the 24th, but I have to get from Logan over to Boston North Station for a train up to Portland, Maine. Unfortunately I won't have enough time for a get together. Good luck in court, though. A worthy fight if ever there were one! ^
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I'll actually be flying into Boston on the afternoon of the 24th, but I have to get from Logan over to Boston North Station for a train up to Portland, Maine. Unfortunately I won't have enough time for a get together. Good luck in court, though. A worthy fight if ever there were one! ^
thanks!

too bad you cant make it
hey if you could change the flight to get in early, I could maybe getcha and then bring you later to that train.
worth thinkin about.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Thanks for the offer, but there's only one flight a day from where I'm starting the day, and it's a rather early start at that so no earlier connections are available. I'll have just enough time to catch the subways out to North Station.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Thanks for the offer, but there's only one flight a day from where I'm starting the day, and it's a rather early start at that so no earlier connections are available. I'll have just enough time to catch the subways out to North Station.
indeed, and it's a trip in itself to get from the airport on the subways to North Station, isnt it?
Good luck with the connection
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Marathon Man,

Good luck with the case! I'd be interested in joining in for a post-court get together to socialize and discuss.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warreng24
Marathon Man,

Good luck with the case! I'd be interested in joining in for a post-court get together to socialize and discuss.
thanks!

And I tend to think that one of the best places we may wish to do that could be:

Chang An Restaurant - Awesome and healthy Chinese food in Concord! http://www.changan-rest.com/

At which, whether one is depressed or elated, the food is always awesome. I just gotta estimate when we leave court and how the local business lunch hour fits in, as this is a rather popular spot.

Then again I actually have yet to really figure out the after place. Suggestions still welcome.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
sounds like you're thinking of something mid-day, then? i'd be up for a get-together in the area if it's something i can hit either after work or on a long lunch. (i work in burlington)

if after work, i'm never opposed to a few beers at waxy's, and they're on MP dining to boot.....
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat1A
sounds like you're thinking of something mid-day, then? i'd be up for a get-together in the area if it's something i can hit either after work or on a long lunch. (i work in burlington)

if after work, i'm never opposed to a few beers at waxy's, and they're on MP dining to boot.....
Yes, for some, like myself, (and I really have no idea who and how many others) I plan to leave court whenever it is time (one cannot know this) and go get eats locally. Then yes, I plan to go out somewhere with whomever. Love to have ya!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
yeah, understand that it is when it is... will watch this space.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat1A
yeah, understand that it is when it is... will watch this space.
I cannot be sure how things will go but I plan to have my phone with me (silent in court) and will probably try to get in here and update the outcome as soon as there is one in court.

As well, I think at this point, if there are any people who do wish to:

(A) meet at court
(B) meet afterwards
(C) go out later on that day/night in BOS or something...

...then please PM me to let me know your cell so we can text/email, or post in here a comment saying if you plan to meet up or something.

Would like to find out what headcount we may have if any, seeing as how this is mid week, etc.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Would be happy to join if the crew hits Boston that night. Firsthand retelling of the court date would be nice!

Mike
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeef
Would be happy to join if the crew hits Boston that night. Firsthand retelling of the court date would be nice!

Mike
I think I will be headed into the city for drinks that night. There's a bar called THE LITTLEST BAR that I have been to a few times. It has a table with a tap on it that you can pour yourself and then pay with swiping a CC on it
awesome idea, and good Guinness.
I'll need a few either way.

more as we get closer
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Yeah, I can go downtown for drinks on Tuesday night as well, but not much else as I'm returning from YYZ on Monday evening and don't want to drag myself out to Concord on Tuesday.

I'll check this thread over the weekend.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Good luck!

MM: Anxious to hear how it went!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Magistrate to render a decision by mail in 2-3 days to both parties.

So we wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.