Search

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012 | 6:42 am
Original Poster
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by akp
[QUOTE. Only reservations made through this link will be honored. The hotel will be a sell out again. Your reservation will be with a non refundable first night's deposit and non transferable.
Does this mean that if I don't book through this link, my reservation will be cancelled? Or that I can't attend the seminar?

I cannot book a nonrefundable room at this point because my husband's work schedule is uncertain until March, but I want to stay at the hotel since I'm 95% certain he can get that weekend off. I want to understand exactly what is at risk if I book directly with the hotel.

Thanks, Anita
It means if you book the hotel the first night deposit is non refundable and non transferable. You don't have to stay at the Holiday Inn Elk Grove to attend the seminars. It is just convenient to hang with the gang.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jan 12, 2012 at 7:20 am Reason: added missed quote language so post was more clear
Old Jan 12, 2012 | 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
What time do the festivities start? Should I come in Thursday night or Friday?
Most will come in on Friday afternoon. I'm guessing at this point the first seminar will be 6PM Friday for Rookies.
Old Jan 12, 2012 | 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
In for the 2 nights, first time I've ever gone to one of these. Way too quickly becoming an obsession of mine!
Old Jan 12, 2012 | 7:28 am

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Room booked as well. Much prefer staying at the host hotel rather than bussing back and forth. ^
Old Jan 12, 2012 | 2:27 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Booked and ready to go! This'll be my first time, and really looking forward to everything!
Old Jan 12, 2012 | 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Room booked

We have the hotel booked and Mr. Silver Springer and I are ready for our third seminar.

Cheers, Mary Anne
Old Jan 12, 2012 | 9:55 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Booked and looking forward to meeting everyone.
Hopefully, I can sign hubby (Mike) up for Rookie Boot Camp.
Would love to meet other couples where one is an obsessive mile/point junkie and the other one is totally out of the loop.
It kills me that he doesn't know every brand of Starwood hotel or who the major air alliances are...
I'm sure that I'm not alone !

Pat
Old Jan 12, 2012 | 11:54 pm

Hotel is booked, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old Jan 13, 2012 | 6:16 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by PatMike
Booked and looking forward to meeting everyone.
Hopefully, I can sign hubby (Mike) up for Rookie Boot Camp.
Would love to meet other couples where one is an obsessive mile/point junkie and the other one is totally out of the loop.
It kills me that he doesn't know every brand of Starwood hotel or who the major air alliances are...
I'm sure that I'm not alone !

Pat
Pretty much my wife and my situation. I play the game and she goes along. It really makes things easier for both of us since we don't get in each other's way.

I'm coming to the event alone since she has no interest in how it's played and the ORD area isn't very interesting. Maybe the next event could be in Vegas so the non-interested spouses would have something to do.
Old Jan 14, 2012 | 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K
Is the host hotel sold out of $79 rooms already? All I see is exec double Smoking (Eww) $89

Originally Posted by clarelouise44
It appears the room block for the Chicago Seminar is: Arrival on Thurs Oct 11and check out Sun Oct14. When I tried to book a longer stay the website kept bouncing me out, so I had to call Reservations and they told me those are the dates. I've booked the extra days separately.
I'm not too surprised. Seems to cause issues when people arrive too early. Makes it easier to assign rooms this way

Last edited by CDKing; Jan 14, 2012 at 8:14 am
Old Jan 14, 2012 | 10:42 am
Original Poster

A Hotel Review on Mommy Points blog

her post today has pictures and her commentary on the hotel for the seminars. you'll find her on boarding area.com
Old Jan 14, 2012 | 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Lightbulb help out?

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
What time do the festivities start? Should I come in Thursday night or Friday?
I come early Friday to help out! I am sure Rick could use more help if you come Thursday and want to help Friday AM

(not really festivities but helpful!)

I have my room booked btw and can not wait for year 3!^
Old Jan 14, 2012 | 11:21 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, FB Gold, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Hotel reservation made.

Sorry to learn that your negotiations with hotels closer to ORD did not work out. But the HI certainly has been totally acceptable the past two years.

After all, we are at the Seminars to learn. Don't need 5* accommodations to do that.
Old Jan 15, 2012 | 11:11 am

Count me in. Booked for arrival Friday and leaving Sunday. Last year I didn't know about the seminar. In fact only knew about the credit card sign up bonuses in May 2011. Glad I caught the major 100k bonuses like BA and AMEX Plat.

Contemplating staying October 11-October 12 for the same rate.
Old Jan 15, 2012 | 1:17 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I can hardly wait for the registration link for sessions! This is about 15 minutes from the house!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.