10th Annual Presidents Weekend (US) London Do: Feb 17-20, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10th Annual Presidents Weekend (US) London Do: Feb 17-20, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:59 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Last night was good. The club room at Groucho's was a peaceful haven from the zoo outside, and Masala Zone was a welcome new experience. Friday-night London...... the tubes were a mess. More hassle using them than actually flying into London.

Methinks the birthday girl was only just gearing up for the big day today. Sorry I will miss it. Enjoy, y'all!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:37 am

Programs: Various
Many thanks again to SkiAdcock for organizing this Do! Last night was a blast, both at the restaurant and for drinks at the club afterwards.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Great seeing everyone on Friday & Saturday!

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Thank you skiadock for the great organization. Again a great Do.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Ran into KMA26 today at LHR Star Alliance Lounge. Fun way to end the weekend. I think we walked halfway back to the U.S. getting to our planes from the lounge. Next time I'm wearing a pedometer

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:42 am
Original Poster

So I brought a camera to London to take pics of the Do activities, but forgot the batteries for it & never was around a place to buy some. What do I find buried in one of the laptop case pockets today - batteries! Grr. Well, good times were had even if no visual documentation.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
So I brought a camera to London to take pics of the Do activities, but forgot the batteries for it & never was around a place to buy some. What do I find buried in one of the laptop case pockets today - batteries! Grr. Well, good times were had even if no visual documentation.

Cheers.
Servus took at least one picture during Saturday dinner...
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
It was great to see some old friends again and to meet some new ones.

^ to the b-day girl

Thanks Ski

Cheers
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Ran into KMA26 today at LHR Star Alliance Lounge. Fun way to end the weekend. I think we walked halfway back to the U.S. getting to our planes from the lounge. Next time I'm wearing a pedometer
Yes, it was a long walk but after all the beer and food I had over the weekend, I badly needed the exercise!

It was great to see everyone this weekend at a wonderful event.
Thanks so much to Sharon for her organizing. :-:

Cheers.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:39 am

How do I manage to miss this thing every year. I'm in London quite a bit and could easily have arranged to make one of these, yet I never manage to look in CommunityBuzz until it's way too late. Oh well, sounds like a good time. I'll try to give myself a reminder next year around this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.