Wiki Posts
Search

10th Annual Presidents Weekend (US) London Do: Feb 17-20, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hope the German folk get out ok - ie, you can work around the strike.

We may have 2 'surprise guests' tomorrow. Don't know yet if they can make it, but it will be fun if they can. They're not FTers but are industry folk.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:54 pm

Hi,
This is completely new for me, but I'm always up for an adventure. Arriving UA934 on 9/20 at 1:25pm and staying at the Rubens. I've never been to London outside of LHR, so interested in joining up to explore. Let me know what the itinerary is on 9/20 and I'll try to join up.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:30 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
....but I shall be heading West tomoorow, Friday, to Northern Minnesota for a spot of Snowmobiling...maybe next time ?
lucky you !!^ I have a snowmobile that has sat mostly idle in N Wisconsin (St Germain/Sayner area) for most the past 5 winters because the winters have been so mild there hasn't been acceptable trail conditions when I was able to get out riding.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Trying to get to LHR to celebrate with y'all.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Feb 16, 2012 at 8:15 pm Reason: misc, PM sent explaining why
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hwbudden
Hi,
This is completely new for me, but I'm always up for an adventure. Arriving UA934 on 9/20 at 1:25pm and staying at the Rubens. I've never been to London outside of LHR, so interested in joining up to explore. Let me know what the itinerary is on 9/20 and I'll try to join up.
Are you referring to Sept 20th or Feb 20th? This Do is happening this weekend in Feb. If you're referring to Feb you might want to PM ExpatPat re: mtg, as he'll be in town on Feb 20th. Most of us are headed back on the 20th this year.

Am headed into London in a few minutes. Meeting BristolTraveller for a quick lunch at Paddington, as he's on a train out of London this aft & won't be able to meet us tonight.

PS - For those who asked re: getting cash, there is an ATM on Dean St 1/2-way between Oxford Street & Shaftsbury Ave.

See the folk arriving today tonight & those tomorrow, tomorrow aft.

Cheers.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Spent a lovely morning hiking around Hampstead. Looking forward to seeing everyone a little later today!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:45 am
Original Poster

I didn't hear the entire announcement, but I heard them mention some of the tube lines will have closures or delays this weekend so check the tube line website or ask your hotels.

Waiting to get into my hotel room to unpack & will then head over to Groucho.

Cheers.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Plat
Finally got settled here after a delay this morning in which our plane had a flat tire in AMS. I'll be jumping on the Picadilly line in about 15min so will let you know if i see/hear any delays.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:26 am

I am also on my way
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I didn't hear the entire announcement, but I heard them mention some of the tube lines will have closures or delays this weekend so check the tube line website or ask your hotels.

Waiting to get into my hotel room to unpack & will then head over to Groucho.

Cheers.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews...r/default.aspx
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
I made it, too. But I need some sleep due to a busy week.

I will join the Notting Hill & Portobello Market tour from London walks.
London Walks Tours
Meeting Point: Holland Park Tube Stop at 10:45am
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:25 pm

I've just had news that SWMBO has been admitted to hospital (for quite a serious condition), so I'm flying back to London on the first available flight tomorrow from CKY. Will be arriving @ LHR from CDG on Sunday morning, so if anyone is around will try say a quick hello, otherwise straight to the hospital!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flashware
I've just had news that SWMBO has been admitted to hospital (for quite a serious condition), so I'm flying back to London on the first available flight tomorrow from CKY. Will be arriving @ LHR from CDG on Sunday morning, so if anyone is around will try say a quick hello, otherwise straight to the hospital!
Sorry to hear that. Healing wishes.

Cheers.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:06 am
Original Poster

We have our usual 'area' (small alcove around the end of the bar) at Ye Grapes reserved for us at 4pm today. See everyone there.

If anyone's around & gets this before then, I'm going to have a drink in the Bourbon Bar or the Park Room around 3:15pm-3:30pm at Grosvenor House on Park Lane before heading to Ye Grapes (if you're headed to Ye Grapes & heading down Park Lane from Marble Arch etc, you'll pass it on the way), so if anyone gets this/wants to join me, see you then.

It was fun seeing everyone at Groucho last night; I liked the room to ourselves part! Sorry I came at the tailend of the Indian dinner, but was catching up w/ a local friend. And then afterwards caught up w/ ajamieson back at Groucho, who got there as we were leaving Marsala Zone.

Cheers.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:48 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Best wishes! Sorry to miss this year's festivities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.