Reload this Page >

"Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:36 pm

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
watch this thread for info.

first couple posts will have the info...

Originally Posted by Angust
Host hotel booked 10/28-10/30 this evening. Just need main seminar sign up info...when where.

viva la HI-EG lol
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:02 am

Booked

Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning some new stuff! I'll keep an eye out for the email for the seminar.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:17 am

Went to book and was unable -- looks like the first hotel is sold out.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by barristan
Not true. There appears to still be availability at the host hotel (though I don't imagine it will last long). If the code FLY isn't automatically entered in the Group Code field, you have to enter it manually before beginning your search.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jb831
Not true. There appears to still be availability at the host hotel (though I don't imagine it will last long). If the code FLY isn't automatically entered in the Group Code field, you have to enter it manually before beginning your search.
+1 This happened to me as well. I just booked the host hotel last night.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by barristan
It appears there only two rooms left at the host hotel for sale. I did a dummy availability check and tried three people in three rooms and said none were left. i dropped it to two and it was fine. Knowing this is FT I'm assuming they are overselling
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, AA, SPG - Gold, LM
Host Hotel booked.

Waiting for the Seminar registration.

anishub
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Anyone going to DO from PHX?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by worldtraveller2
Anyone going to DO from PHX?
Aye. Plan to arrive Friday, depart Monday. Depending on what airfare looks like months from now, may turn both of those days into MR days.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Aye. Plan to arrive Friday, depart Monday. Depending on what airfare looks like months from now, may turn both of those days into MR days.
Keep me posted as to your flights, maybe I will do the same. At the very least finally meet you at the airport. Missed you at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas last time!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Host hotel appears to be booked full now. I can't get a room for one person. Do we need to use any code when booking at the overflow hotel? It doesn't seem to care for the FLY code.

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by TheBagman
Host hotel appears to be booked full now. I can't get a room for one person. Do we need to use any code when booking at the overflow hotel? It doesn't seem to care for the FLY code.

Thanks
Look closely at the overflow hotel links. The group codes are in the URL - FY2 or FY1. FY2 is supposed to be without breakfast, FY1 is with breakfast.

However, this makes no sense. First off, I thought breakfast was included regardless - there's no "no breakfast" option for the host hotel so why is there such a choice for the overflow?

Second, the FY2 Group Code for without breakfast doesn't work anyway.

Third, the FY1 Group Code for with breakfast returns a "Flyer Talk Overflow" rate of $91 for the HI-O'Hare Rosemont, NOT $79. What gives?

As an aside, I don't think having the group code in the links made any difference - we've all has to manually enter FLY or FY1 into the Group Code field.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:06 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Look closely at the overflow hotel links. The group codes are in the URL - FY2 or FY1. FY2 is supposed to be without breakfast, FY1 is with breakfast.

However, this makes no sense. First off, I thought breakfast was included regardless - there's no "no breakfast" option for the host hotel so why is there such a choice for the overflow?

Second, the FY2 Group Code for without breakfast doesn't work anyway.

Third, the FY1 Group Code for with breakfast returns a "Flyer Talk Overflow" rate of $91 for the HI-O'Hare Rosemont, NOT $79. What gives?

As an aside, I don't think having the group code in the links made any difference - we've all has to manually enter FLY or FY1 into the Group Code field.
1. Breakfast can be chosen or not chosen at the Holiday Inn Rosemont/O'Hare. The reason it is different is simply they are two different hotels. The $91 rate at the Rosemont property includes breakfast for up to two people.

2. The codes are different if you want breakfast or not. Please register as you desire
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by ingy
1. Breakfast can be chosen or not chosen at the Holiday Inn Rosemont/O'Hare. The reason it is different is simply they are two different hotels. The $91 rate at the Rosemont property includes breakfast for up to two people.

2. The codes are different if you want breakfast or not. Please register as you desire
Ok - but as I noted, the no-breakfast code doesn't appear to work. FY2 won't return any results but rather an error instead. Now I'm going to guess most people want to eat so this may not matter to the majority.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Thanks ArizonaGuy. I do not want to pay for breakfast, so I will wait to see if the FY2 issue can be resolved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.