Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by golfingboy
So, I will be arriving in JFK around midnight on Friday; "Thursday night", so anybody planning on doing anything in the wee hours on Friday morning?
I'm taking Greyhound so I wont be getting in until right before the cocktail party. Unless of course a nice sale comes up
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:07 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
So, I will be arriving in JFK around midnight on Friday; "Thursday night", so anybody planning on doing anything in the wee hours on Friday morning?
I would bet the hotel bar will still be open!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:09 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by cova
I would bet the hotel bar will still be open!
That works for me! Is anybody going to be at the hotel bar on Friday around 1am?

My flight lands at midnight LOL
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Folks,

A little update. Only 7 seats left for the seminar, room block is full, but we are working on getting a handful more rooms. I will send out a link to the block to everyone who has registered when I receive it from the Sheraton, hopefully this afternoon or early tomorrow.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:08 pm

I've registered, but can't find a link to the hotel to book at the discounted rate. The best I can find is the commercial rate on Kayak.

I've seen in previous posts that the deeply discounted rooms are gone, but there were still slightly discount rooms available. In the registration process, it states that a link will be email...but I have yet to see it.

Please send the link via PM or other methods.

Thanks,
T. Connolly
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by FamilyMan
I've registered, but can't find a link to the hotel to book at the discounted rate. The best I can find is the commercial rate on Kayak.

I've seen in previous posts that the deeply discounted rooms are gone, but there were still slightly discount rooms available. In the registration process, it states that a link will be email...but I have yet to see it.

Please send the link via PM or other methods.

Thanks,
T. Connolly
Welcome to Flyertalk!

I sent out the live booking link for the hotel to everyone registered. Very limited rooms, so pls book asap as it's first come first served.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:14 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by tommy777
Folks,

A little update. Only 7 seats left for the seminar, room block is full, but we are working on getting a handful more rooms. I will send out a link to the block to everyone who has registered when I receive it from the Sheraton, hopefully this afternoon or early tomorrow.
Are there rooms left? The LGA Sheraton is showing sold out. I haven't registered yet... but the hotel is kind of a deal breaker.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Are there rooms left? The LGA Sheraton is showing sold out. I haven't registered yet... but the hotel is kind of a deal breaker.
There are only two rooms left in our room block. No guarantees, it's first come first served
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:49 pm

UPDATE!

Folks,

The event is now FULL, but we have been able to move the event to a larger room and have added 10 more seats.

If you want in, please act quickly.

Register here: http://guestli.st/46425
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
A FT friend and I have registered already --and I booked my Sheraton room with two doubles for $60 and 4,000 SPG points about 3+ weeks ago. Seemed less expensive than the group rate!

We will be driving down on the 29th and bringing with us tall tales of miles and points. Plus some really good pickles--and I don't mean the kind what has a huge ego on here! lol

Looking forward to meeting people and talkin the talk!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
A FT friend and I have registered already --and I booked my Sheraton room with two doubles for $60 and 4,000 SPG points about 3+ weeks ago. Seemed less expensive than the group rate!

We will be driving down on the 29th and bringing with us tall tales of miles and points. Plus some really good pickles--and I don't mean the kind what has a huge ego on here! lol

Looking forward to meeting people and talkin the talk!
Drive safely. Two hours worth of free drinks will be waiting for you (and me and everyone else )
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by tommy777
Drive safely. Two hours worth of free drinks will be waiting for you (and me and everyone else )
oh yes indeed!!!

and of course you can bet that after the two hours free, I will be either pushing to the bar to insist on using MY miles earning CC to pay for rounds and get reimbursed, or I will be piggy backing on others' tabs and paying my portion in coins hahahaha
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, and some others
Departure time saturday?

Hey All,

Does anybody have a suggestion on how early of a bus or train I should book from NY to Philadelphia on Saturday evening? Would 7 - 7:30 pm be pushing it?

I don't want to miss anything but I have a 6 am flight leaving PHL and would like to get at least a couple hours of sleep prior to spending over 6+ hours on an Airbus 319 (with my recent luck, in coach).
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Depends on how you plan to get to the bus I suppose but should be fine, and if you feel more comfortable you could always bail a few minutes early on Saturday to ensure you get a decent night sleep before your flight next morning..
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by RustingInSeattle
Hey All,

Does anybody have a suggestion on how early of a bus or train I should book from NY to Philadelphia on Saturday evening? Would 7 - 7:30 pm be pushing it?

I don't want to miss anything but I have a 6 am flight leaving PHL and would like to get at least a couple hours of sleep prior to spending over 6+ hours on an Airbus 319 (with my recent luck, in coach).
If you book the train, you could always take a later one if you were to miss it as they run pretty frequently. If you book early, the aaa discount fare is usually pretty low on a weekend. As long as you don't print the ticket, there is no charge to cancel so you could even make a dupe booking for two trains and play it by ear that day as to which you take and which you cancel.

I would budget 90 minutes bt leaving the hotel and train time. It should give you a few minutes breathing room to get your tickets printed at arrival in penn stn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.