Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:24 am

At one point it was mentioned that the organizers were working with US to allow miles acrual on the charter. Did this end up working out?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The US DM miles credit request is pending, tommy is following up.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:57 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Don't forget, this is the last day to get the special room rate in Seattle!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
How did we do getting charter payments in on time?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 4:19 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Is there any confirmation that we would see the 787 Dreamliner at the Boeing factory?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

There are about 40 parked in PAE and a few test aircraft around by November:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../3/1791383.jpg

You will certainly get close to a few on the tarmac and in the assembly plant.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
UA Charter Miles

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Everyone gets the same 4031 ++ miles. Period.
Is this confirmed for UA credit, too, irrespective of whether one actually travels SEA-IAH on 6 Nov? (At one point it was to be based on actual flown for UA).

Another question of interest - will these be considered BIS miles for million miler qualification (on either CO or UA)? At some point CO & UA will consolidate these, and if it is BIS on CO but not UA, since CO metal, would want to credit to CO instead of UA.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
There are about 40 parked in PAE and a few test aircraft around by November:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../3/1791383.jpg

You will certainly get close to a few on the tarmac and in the assembly plant.
Okay, but no confirmed tour inside the 787 or even the mock up?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:37 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I'm thinking it will be Mo's BBQ on FM1960. It's only 5 or 6 miles from the Sheraton IAH.

Best regards,

William
Just coming back to this now that my plans have firmed up. It will be at Mo's BBQ:

http://www.nowherebuttexas.com/

I plan to be there at 1 PM. Anyone who is not otherwise engaged is welcomed to join me. Just look for the guy with the gray pith helmet.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Just coming back to this now that my plans have firmed up. It will be at Mo's BBQ:

http://www.nowherebuttexas.com/

I plan to be there at 1 PM. Anyone who is not otherwise engaged is welcomed to join me. Just look for the guy with the gray pith helmet.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
William -

My CO flight from LGA gets in around 1:40PM. Will cab straight over and drop bags/check-in after a little Q with you.

If anyone else arrives in IAH around that time & wants to split a cab, let me know.

- From NYC
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:56 am
Original Poster

I will send out one of xyzzy's mailblast this morning, but here is a heads up:

- last call for the group fare is today (LT NYC 14:00). We still have 5 or so seats on each flight and gave back the rest for LH/LX/CO to sell.

- please check your TATL PNR data and let me know your CC details on the website or email Patti. We are still missing 29 passengers CC details out of a total 55!

- please update your database record. We absolutely need to know which events you are attending to plan meals and seating for all the events. The FRA event is still strangely selected: we have about 65 people on the flights out, and 80 on the IAH flights, but only 59 asking to be at the FRA dinner and the tours. We are capping the dinner at 100 and the tours at 75.

- please pay up. Of those signed up, only aprox 80% have actually paid. Thats nearly 36 people who are procrastinating. We need to pay CO for the charter next week, so get online and pay. Xyzzy lives in NJ, Tommy in Chicago and I'm in MUC, so we may be able to rustle up a few italian, polish or russian friends to make home calls to collect the dues @:-)
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:51 am
Original Poster

In this VFT thread: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...er-steckt.html

There is an indirect allegation that LH/M&M got szg's real ID via lists that were transmitted to LH/M&M during various FT DOs, including the SMD 2009.

Let me clarify that as a co-organizer of the SMD:
We never transmit(ted) lists of the FT handle and the real names together to the participating airlines and FFPs. It was always mentioned that FT members want their online identity be kept secret from the airlines, and the participating airlines were OK with this.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:22 am

- please update your database record. We absolutely need to know which events you are attending to plan meals and seating for all the events. The FRA event is still strangely selected: we have about 65 people on the flights out, and 80 on the IAH flights, but only 59 asking to be at the FRA dinner and the tours. We are capping the dinner at 100 and the tours at 75.
Perhaps I can shed a little light on this. When I signed up, the FRA options were not visible; when I then logged in to review my events, they showed up. So no one would have selected these by default. It's worthwhile for all participants to go back and review as a result!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cedric
Perhaps I can shed a little light on this. When I signed up, the FRA options were not visible; when I then logged in to review my events, they showed up. So no one would have selected these by default. It's worthwhile for all participants to go back and review as a result!
That may be one possible explanation although we have been reminded that a few events have been added to the schedule since the registration site was first launched.

I wonder how many people who are not regulars of the LH/M&M forum will know who or what 'Lady Bee' is. Perhaps a little more explanation of what this is all about might get some people interested? Just a thought...
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I wonder how many people who are not regulars of the LH/M&M forum will know who or what 'Lady Bee' is.
So true.... aksing LH.com about it yielded:
Answers from the Lufthansa Service Team

Sorry, we could not find an answer to your question on the Lufthansa website.

Some info in German: http://www.ftd.de/unternehmen/handel.../50115607.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.