StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Storyteller
So, await the 3k Pre-Mega Do consideration from Westin NY Times Square ...
That's just E3K which was not an SMD2 specific bonus. Is that what you meant by "Pre-Mega Do consideration"?

Mine posted on Nov 6.

I guess you might check with William on that one if it didn't post to your account.

-David
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
That's just E3K which was not an SMD2 specific bonus. Is that what you meant by "Pre-Mega Do consideration"?

Mine posted on Nov 6.

I guess you might check with William on that one if it didn't post to your account.

-David
William mentioned a "Pre-Mega Do consideration". He didn't call it the 3K Sunday bonus, so I figured it was something additional to do with choosing to use the property in conjunction with the SMD. (ever hopeful)
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:21 am

William mentioned a "Pre-Mega Do consideration". He didn't call it the 3K Sunday bonus, so I figured it was something additional to do with choosing to use the property in conjunction with the SMD. (ever hopeful)
Yeah, I see what you are referring to. I'm sure he meant E3K. Did your E3K bonus post?

It was a very lucrative November for most of us. Thanks everybody, and thanks for following up.

-David
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Yeah, I see what you are referring to. I'm sure he meant E3K. Did your E3K bonus post?

It was a very lucrative November for most of us. Thanks everybody, and thanks for following up.

-David
Yes, the E3K did post. Hoping to get further clarification on the other though.

Indeed, a lucrative November. My inner Scrooge is perched on top of a pile of miles & points gold!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:26 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Yes, the E3K did post. Hoping to get further clarification on the other though...
Let me clarify that "pre-Mega Do consideration" = the Sunday bonus = E3K. They are one in the same so there is no other.

You got 4K maximum from the nightly bonus and 3K from The Westin NYC Times Square and that is the maximum number of Starpoint bonuses you could have earned as a result of participating in the Mega Do 2, aside from any other promotional offers that you may have been registered for. If you are missing any promotional bonus points aside from those agreed upon with the organizers of this event, then it would be best to contact SPG customer service for further assistance.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Let me clarify that "pre-Mega Do consideration" = the Sunday bonus = E3K. They are one in the same so there is no other.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Multiple earning possibilities sure create excitement but become harder to sort.

Do we get an opportunity to say hello & a big thank you on SMD3?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Earn +2000 03/07/2011 MEGA DO THANK YOU

THANK YOU STARWOOD!

And, FWIW, I'd like to publicly state that I'm focusing my stays on Starwood this year so I can requal and earn the Plat they gave out. So far, stays at the W have validated this choice.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:04 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Still no Starwood bonus, no calendar. Not obsessing about it.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by violist
I don't know anything about a calendar, but I can say with some confidence that you were not on the spreadsheet that was turned into SPG, so it doesn't surprise me with regard to the missing bonus Starpoints.

You are the second such omission discovered in the last 24 hours, I might add. You might want to send me what your wish gift was in addition to your SPG account number.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Mar 10, 2011 at 10:00 am
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I don't know anything about a calendar, but I can say with some confidence that you were not on the spreadsheet that was turned into SPG, so it doesn't surprise me with regard to the missing bonus Starpoints.

You are the second such omission discovered in the last 24 hours, I might add. You might want to send me what your wish gift was in addition to your SPG account number.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Wish gift? Is this the mysterious SPG gift that Oliver said was so exciting but no one else has been let in on yet?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:18 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Wish gift? Is this the mysterious SPG gift that Oliver said was so exciting but no one else has been let in on yet?

Some also requested 1,000 Starpoints as their wish gift rather than upgrade to Gold or Platinum. ....
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by violist
Having been rebuked for even raising the subject a few months ago, I am glad to see almost everyone's SPG bonus points have now posted (mine also appeared on the 7th). I thank the organizers for their follow-up efforts.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I think you're referring to the special gift that those who were already SPG Plats were to get, since Golds were offered status upgrade and others SPG status matches.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I think you're referring to the special gift that those who were already SPG Plats were to get, since Golds were offered status upgrade and others SPG status matches.
I was referring to this post. My mistake though, I said Oliver when I should have said Tommy.

Originally Posted by tommy777
Ok,

Here's the Starwood deal:
  • Everyone participating will get Gold status comped immediately
  • Platinum is also being offered, but only as a status match at the regular one time rule.
  • Current Platinums will get goodies as well, but it will be a surprise presented later. Trust me as a 60+ Stays a year Platinum, I'm VERY excited about what they are offering.

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Having been rebuked for even raising the subject a few months ago, I am glad to see almost everyone's SPG bonus points have now posted (mine also appeared on the 7th). I thank the organizers for their follow-up efforts.
And still no points here.

Last edited by margarita girl; Mar 11, 2011 at 5:17 am
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:10 am

I was referring to this post. My mistake though, I said Oliver when I should have said Tommy.
You are going to have to have tommy777 explain that one. I don't have any idea what he was referring to.

And still no points here.
That really doesn't surprise me since you were left off the spreadsheet sent to SPG, as well. You might want to do as I asked violist to do...who I haven't heard from as yet.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.