Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

The Stranded by Volcano Meet up and Offers of Assistance Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Stranded by Volcano Meet up and Offers of Assistance Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:22 pm

madrid calais coach update

The coach Madrid-Calais will be departing from Madrid on Wednesday (21st of April) at 06:00 am.

Last edited by madrid calais; Apr 21, 2010 at 3:47 pm
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
The latest from tonight's 10:00 news here in London....

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8631144.stm
New volcano ash cloud prompts fresh flight doubts

A new ash cloud spreading towards the UK is causing uncertainty over plans to reopen some airspace on Tuesday, air traffic control body Nats has said.
On the bright side, 3 British Navy warships are on their way to pick up "stranded" Britons....
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Help for people in DTW

just saw this thread.

I am willing to help people at DTW.

I pass there every morning on my way to work and return home past there every evening. It would be no problem at all.

Don't be bashful.

PM me with your cell and I'll call.

If no cell, PM me and I'll PM back a pickup time.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by hotel96
If you are serious, I am looking to get a car in that direction.
I'm sure they already put the 355 they charged me to good use returning the car to BCN.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I've updated the first post - there is a chance that I've confused offers of assistance with places that people are stranded - if I have drop me a PM and I'll amend. It's late here and I'm tired
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:03 pm

Back in NY

I was extremely lucky and was re-booked after having my BCN -> JFK flight canceled yesterday when BCN closed. I made it back to NY on what was, extremely surprisingly, not nearly a full Delta flight.

The airport and flight was full of refugees from other closed cities, including multiple people who had driven through the night from the likes of Paris and Zurich to get to BCN.

If anyone needs a friendly face in NY, feel free to PM me. Good luck all! It's one nasty situation..
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:44 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Disney / Sea World / Universal

Disney is now offerinf free park hopper tickets and parking for anyone who can show a canceled or expired airline ticket on Tues/Wed.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/04/di...nded-trav.html

This is in addition to Sea World & Busch Gardens ongoing offer of admission until air travel resumes.

Universal is doing the same as well, but I just see it referenced in news articles - don't know the exact details.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:54 am

Programs: AA-1MM
I don't know how many would be stuck in AKL (not risking getting caught in Asia or elsewhere and wanting to wait things out), but I am willing to help out here.....
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
anyone around Paris (not looking for lodging) for a drink

looks like I'm pulling the trigger and heading to madrid with a night over in Paris on Wed evening
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
anyone around Paris (not looking for lodging) for a drink

looks like I'm pulling the trigger and heading to madrid with a night over in Paris on Wed evening

Me too, thinking of abandoning London for Paris and points south, though more likely Italy than Spain. After a few decent meals in Paris, hopefully. The lemonade principle.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:33 am

Still Stuck in Frankfurt

I have a seat on a flight tomorow, don't know if there will be a flight tomorrow
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:07 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
While I'm fairly confident nobody's stuck in ORK, there may be people in the south of Ireland in general who are stuck, and growing increasingly frustrated with the latest news out of irish airspace. We do have some room to spare at the moment, if anyone's tiring of the hotel scene.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Stranded in the UK?

I hope this does not contravene Flyertalk forum regulations, but we have been putting together a plan to help travellers stranded in the UK. (Our proprietor is currently stranded in Japan!)

Spareroom.co.uk has asked all users with rooms to let if they are prepared to offer short-term lets to help stranded travellers with accommodation. We are offering those stranded, free access to the offers of help (no strings).

So far (One hour into the exercise of asking landlords) there have been 150 positive acceptances with rooms available.

Please tell anyone you know to be stranded and needing a room, to look out for press announcements with the special link they will need for their airport. We are contacting Embassies also, so they should be able to help with internet access to the site.

{Link added in by moderator} http://www.spareroom.co.uk/stranded

Last edited by Jenbel; Apr 20, 2010 at 7:39 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:34 am

I may be the only one who is admitting to being stuck in Ireland this week. Decided to make the most of it and go on a tour to see Newgrange yesterday. But they cancelled the tour--apparently the ash problem is affecting luxury coaches as well.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Still in MRS.

Flight tomorrow FRA-IAH canceled (originally was 4/18 then rebooked to 4/21); now I have 4/27 booking.

I am working afternoons in our office here, to coincide with USA customers.

Anyone around here ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.