Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

The Stranded by Volcano Meet up and Offers of Assistance Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Stranded by Volcano Meet up and Offers of Assistance Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
I updated the info in the OP. some were able to leave - I marked them green. please tell us when you leave, we'll update the post. As well as drinks or similar events will be updated in the OP.

thanks everyone - it's a wonderful community ^

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuzz!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am leaving at 7 am. Both my MXP-FCO and FCO-TLV segments have been confirmed by AZ.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:26 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Ill be more than happy to help someone out here in KRK...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold (RIP), TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, IC RA, Hertz 5*
Looks like this will be my last day working in the Seoul office. I'm confirmed on an overnight flight from ICN to LHR, which suits me much better than the normal day flight that OZ run.

Hopefully the window of opportunity will stay open and I can be back in the UK tomorrow
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:47 am

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
I managed to grab a seat MUC-NRT on LH on Tuesday afternoon. Was zero'd out in the morning except for F4, but then around noon Y seats started showing up. My TA grabbed a seat, an although C was full, I used a UA paper upgrade on LH at the gate to get confirmed in F for the flight to NRT.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Madrid Spain tonight (Thu 4/22) anyone?

at ORY now, just heading out of the IB OW lounge.. if you are in Madrid tonight and want to get a drink.. give me a shout..

I'll be downtown at the Radisson

TH
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: BA
I am hopefully escaping NYC by going up to Boston, where there was earlier BA availability, and heading back from there on Friday 23 April. I'll believe it when I actually see Terminal 5, of course.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM
I made it back to IAH, so I also can be taken off the "stuck" list.

Iberia not so bad, in the back of the airbus but they got me to Miami. No dedicated line for GOES (another story) their customs is a mess.

Collected my bag and then sent it thru to Houston (had been tagged all the legs to IAH).

Upgraded on last flight MIA-IAH (thank you Continental !) was a nice way to land home in Houston.

No bag....it was apparently never transferred to Continental in Miami. I guess that's another story also if/when I get it.

Good luck to everyone else getting to their destinations !
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
I got out of VIE with some fantastic tips from Axey and was shocked that my VIE-LHR flight was not full (despite the first OS VIE-LHR flight that day being cancelled, the second being full with 30 waitlisted as of midday) Was happy to have an empty middle. My seatmate told me she had been confirmed 4 days away but was called and offered the flight I was on. Stayed overnight at a LHR hotel and this morning flew LHR-IAD with my Y-C upgrade clearing despite being 6th on the WL (1K B fare). Now enjoying the LH lounge at IAD looking forward to getting home

Jeff
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by jswong
I got out of VIE with some fantastic tips from Axey and was shocked that my VIE-LHR flight was not full
I was also surprised that both my MXP-FCO and FCO-TLV flights had plenty of extra room. I thought that all of those who were not able to get out of MXP, or other cities, to get into FCO would be jammed in like sardines.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am leaving at 7 am. Both my MXP-FCO and FCO-TLV segments have been confirmed by AZ.
Great!! Wish you luck for your returns back home to TLV safety.

I am already reissued the ticket for my flight back home to USA on Tues Apr 27, Because my flight has been cancelled from last Tuesday due to Switzerland airspace closed until the further notice. I am flying on US Airways from ZRH-PHL-PHX. So I got the seat in the J class & F class, too. Because airlines has already automatically the ticket for your next flight back home.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I'm near TPA, anyone stuck here pls PM me. I have a vacant rental unit avail.
You can go to Busch Gardens or Sea World. Now, they are getting free ticket where you are stranded in TPA & MCO.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Anyone in need to get to LON ?

All coach seats to LON are sold out for the near future.

Am volunteering to get bumped from my (premier) seat on DL40: MSP-LHR 4/30

Just let me know ...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by boxo
I'm not stranded unless Mr. Ash Cloud is still hanging around Thursday. Booked to fly VCE-CDG. If anyone is in the Veneto, please PM me.
I am now in CDG. My flight from VCE yesterday was lightly loaded - only 6/16 biz seats filled. And I can confirm bk3day has escaped Paris today and may be on the ground at CVG now.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:55 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by boxo
I am now in CDG. My flight from VCE yesterday was lightly loaded - only 6/16 biz seats filled. And I can confirm bk3day has escaped Paris today and may be on the ground at CVG now.
I have indeed escaped CDG and now am back in NYC.

If anyone is still in Manhattan and needs help or company for a meal or drink, please let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.