Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You points for Intl Flts

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by demigawd
Is there any problem with getting more than one TY card and linking them to your TY account to double or triple the 200k cap?
I believe that it is per card. I've never spent enough to get anywhere near maxing a card out, but each card has it's own limit. It would be dumb if you were limited by your lowest card and the more money that goes through Citi, the happier they are.
Old May 20, 2008, 12:14 pm

I thought the annual cap was 175K for the Citi Amex. Am I incorrect?
Old May 20, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
The annual TYP cap is per card. When I maxed out 200k on PPE (I bought a number of int'l tickets for friends and family and the miles added up real fast; you can only get up to 100k flight points, so now I have to match the spending which is not far from happening) I called CSR and asked if I can open an additional PPE card and get 200k points on that one and she said definitely yes. So now I know that each card has it's own cap, but I believe that TYN does not have an annual cap - you can have as many cards as you are approved for linked to one thank you account and have the points accumulate.

The annual cap for Citi Amex PP (non-elite) is 100k (only 50k of which may be flight points) and Amex PPE is 200k (up to 100k flight points). The cap for Platinum Amex is 150k (no flight points earned on that card, but it has other good benefits). Go to citicards.com and you can view the annual caps for each card in the Thank You network by clicking on "view card details" or "terms & conditions" underneath the card(s) you are interested in.
Old May 21, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
The cap is definitely per card. It was 150K for the Citi Amex Plat when I signed up (there's a thread somewhere with a discussion on people having problems at first though). There's no TYP limit on the Citi Chairman card ($500 annual fee, but it comes with unlimited Priority Pass).
Old May 21, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by demigawd
Is there any problem with getting more than one TY card and linking them to your TY account to double or triple the 200k cap?
you can link as many PPE/PP cards to your TY acct...if you have the PPE card and are paying $75/yr for every card and you get close to $500/yr in annual fees, then you should just the Chairman AMEX because that has unlimited earning potential plus many more benefits.
Old May 21, 2008, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
why use PPE when you could use Citi Plat Amex and get more points?
Old May 21, 2008, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by anaggie
you can link as many PPE/PP cards to your TY acct...if you have the PPE card and are paying $75/yr for every card and you get close to $500/yr in annual fees, then you should just the Chairman AMEX because that has unlimited earning potential plus many more benefits.
yeah but you can cancel the PPE's once limit cap reached, youll never amount to 500USD/yr.
Old May 21, 2008, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by psyflyer
why use PPE when you could use Citi Plat Amex and get more points?
If you fly a lot (and or have family/friends willing to purchase tickets on your PPE) then you also get one TYP per mile flown on those tickets purchased with the card. International flights can be between 8k & 15k miles, so the points can add up really fast. I know they have to be matched up with purchase points, but bonus points (i.e. 20k when you open the card) and select spend points (for purchases in select categories) also count as purchase points and can be matched with flight points.
Old May 21, 2008, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

I have an interesting data point to share: I finally saw flight points posted after 3 months (2 billing cycles) fro a drink purchase on an 8K miles international flight. Initially I had stated that the reason I did not get miles was because the Origin / Destination were listed as XXX but that apparently is not true. This can potentially be huge if used judiciously.
Old May 23, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
I have redeemed 180k points for 4 tix on AS between SFO-PVR, which I promptly upgraded to J by extra $100k. Very good deal if you ask me. The face value of the 4 J tix is $3600, and I had to spend on average of $50k on my Am Ex Plat to get those points.
Old May 25, 2008, 8:03 am

I have noticed when the charge can have a origin and destination attached to it then I get flight points -- tax on award tickets, upgrade fees or taxes on tickets...but overweight or extra baggage charges, airline club charges, travel agent ticketing fees -- don't seem to come through on my Chairman MasterCard. I think it is up to the agent I find if they type in XXO or JFK in the system. Or could the computer do it automatically?

Also anyone notice it you have more than one passenger on a JetBlue tickets you don't get TY points for each passenger like you are supposed to. You only get TY points for as if it were one passenger. JetBlue lumps the aggregate ticket amount for all passengers into one charge and line item. So now I have to save my and my traveling companions' boarding passes and JetBlue itineraries and fax them in for them to give me TY points for the additional passengers.
Old May 28, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: Premiere Pass Elite, PPE, AA
Unhappy Missing flight points with PremierPass Elite

Last month I booked 3 internation flights from the states to HKG/Vietnam and am having problems getting points for those flights. On my statement, the airport code isn't correct - shows I flew XAA-XAO, not JFK-HKG-HAN. I've called PPE several times and every time, operator only is able to submit a request for me but I still have not gotten any response to those requests. Any idea how I can get this resolved? Is there a special number or person I can talk to?

I only have receipt/boarding passes for my flight flown but for the 2 relatives I got tickets for, they didn't save any of their info. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!
Old May 28, 2008, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by friedablass
If you fly a lot (and or have family/friends willing to purchase tickets on your PPE) then you also get one TYP per mile flown on those tickets purchased with the card. International flights can be between 8k & 15k miles, so the points can add up really fast. I know they have to be matched up with purchase points, but bonus points (i.e. 20k when you open the card) and select spend points (for purchases in select categories) also count as purchase points and can be matched with flight points.
amex plat gives you 3pts/dollar. enough said.
Old May 28, 2008, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by psyflyer
amex plat gives you 3pts/dollar. enough said.
Agreed, but it's only for the first two years and the annual fee from the 2nd year and on is $125. It also doesn't make you eligible for fixed points redemption on airline tickets whereas PPE does, giving you more value for your points. Each person needs to evaluate each card and see what works best for them.
Old May 29, 2008, 7:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by friedablass
Agreed, but it's only for the first two years and the annual fee from the 2nd year and on is $125. It also doesn't make you eligible for fixed points redemption on airline tickets whereas PPE does, giving you more value for your points. Each person needs to evaluate each card and see what works best for them.
to adress your concerns:

1)Just reapply

2)Add expedia.com to your account and voila

anything else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.