FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/721401-citi-platinum-amex-has-been-upgraded-includes-2011-conversion-discussion.html)

TAHKUCT Aug 28, 2007 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by motytrah (Post 8307628)
I did find that Priority Pass would not work with either safari or firefox on the Mac. I ended up going over to a PC and using Internet Exploder.

I had to do the same. Worked fine on IE, but not on Mac using safari, firefox or opera.

joelfreak Aug 30, 2007 11:16 am

Still not working for me...claims my Amex doesn't clear...believe me, it has enough space to clear anything they try to charge on it...

TAHKUCT Aug 30, 2007 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by joelfreak (Post 8321116)
Still not working for me...claims my Amex doesn't clear...believe me, it has enough space to clear anything they try to charge on it...

Have you tried to clear your browser cache and cookies?

alfer Aug 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Cleared my cache and cookies, visited the link, and now instead of code 152 which I got all last week, I now get:

Your credit card did not process successfully. (Error Code 151).

Anybody else having trouble?

TAHKUCT Aug 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Actually my cousin also reported the same problem just few minutes ago. I guess they are having problems again.

jaybert Aug 31, 2007 6:31 am

Originally Posted by alfer (Post 8322681)
Cleared my cache and cookies, visited the link, and now instead of code 152 which I got all last week, I now get:

Your credit card did not process successfully. (Error Code 151).

Anybody else having trouble?

same error for me. what are our options?

TAHKUCT Aug 31, 2007 8:34 am

Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

When did you get and activated your card? I have a feeling you cannot register for about 1 week after you get a card.

motytrah Aug 31, 2007 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT (Post 8326416)
Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

When did you get and activated your card? I have a feeling you cannot register for about 1 week after you get a card.

I registered about 10 minutes after activation. No problems.

jaybert Sep 3, 2007 11:00 am

called amex, they told me that a $1 charge was successfully put through (I'm assuming from identity monitor...but i still got the 151 error).

Now on the phone with identity monitor...no messages about being closed on labor day, just that they were experiencing higher than normal call volume. Been on hold for 29 minutes and counting. super!

EDIT:

FYI, no one has seemed to mention that the $99/annual fee account at prioritypass.com does not provide ANY free visits a year, so I'm guessing that in actuality, you get 3 free visits TOTAL, not per year.

mia Sep 3, 2007 11:24 am

Originally Posted by jaybert (Post 8341172)
...the $99/annual fee account at prioritypass.com does not provide ANY free visits a year, so I'm guessing that in actuality, you get 3 free visits TOTAL, not per year.

Correct, Citi must be absorbing the cost of the first three visits just as they absorb the cost of guests for Chairman cardholders. However, I do not understand your reasoning that this is a one time benefit when Citi's terms explicitly state otherwise.

CMHFlyerOH Sep 3, 2007 11:41 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 8341314)
Correct, Citi must be absorbing the cost of the first three visits just as they absorb the cost of guests for Chairman cardholders. However, I do not understand your reasoning that this is a one time benefit when Citi's terms explicitly state otherwise.

Agreed. In fact, when I explicitely asked Citi and PremierPass this question they both stated that cardholders were entitled to three few visits per year, meaning when your PriorityPass membership recycles per annum. Plus, the terms explicitely state you receive three per year and when you sign up on the PriorityPass website it reiterates this.

jaybert Sep 3, 2007 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH (Post 8341389)
Agreed. In fact, when I explicitely asked Citi and PremierPass this question they both stated that cardholders were entitled to three few visits per year, meaning when your PriorityPass membership recycles per annum. Plus, the terms explicitely state you receive three per year and when you sign up on the PriorityPass website it reiterates this.

ahh, my fault. i just figured since we were getting the $99/year plan, which comes with 0 free visits, we werent getting an additional 3 per year. thats good to know, thanks for the clarification!

ambrish Sep 4, 2007 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH (Post 8341389)
PriorityPass membership recycles per annum.

Does it recycle in one year from date of CC activation, or prioritypass activation, or calander year? And similarly, when does the counter reset for next years three visits?

mia Sep 4, 2007 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by ambrish (Post 8349021)
...one year from date of CC activation, or prioritypass activation, or calander year?

Here are the actual terms published by Citi...

Priority Pass
To be eligible for access to Priority Pass lounges you must enroll in the program with a valid Citi Platinum American Express Card to receive your individual Priority Membership Card. Priority Pass yearly standard membership and the first 3 yearly visits are complimentary, and only available to the primary Cardmember. Cardmember visits after the first 3 in an enrollment year and guests (up to 2 per visit) will be charged $24 per person per visit. Benefit does not include incidental charges that may be incurred at the time of the visit. Upon initial enrollment additional details will be provided in your Priority Pass membership welcome kit

My understanding of "enrollment year" is that complimentary visits will be the first three after you activiate and receive your Priority Pass card, and the first three after each renewal of your Priority Pass. Definitely not calendar year. Not necessarily identical to your Citicard membership year if you defer enrolling in Priority Pass.

TAHKUCT Sep 4, 2007 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 8349351)

My understanding of "enrollment year" is that complimentary visits will be the first three after you activiate and receive your Priority Pass card, and the first three after each renewal of your Priority Pass. Definitely not calendar year. Not necessarily identical to your Citicard membership year if you defer enrolling in Priority Pass.

Received my Priority Pass membership card and brochure. My card expires 12/2008.

I guess Priority Pass uses calendar year, but you have to be active Citi Amex cardmember at a time of renewal. Also, I guess I will not be getting my next 3 free visits till 2009.