FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/721401-citi-platinum-amex-has-been-upgraded-includes-2011-conversion-discussion.html)

dolmar Aug 13, 2007 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by awake (Post 8225685)
I am not trying to pick a fight, but...how can you pontificate about speculation and then speculate in your pontification?

While I did speculate on why certains cards retained there ability to access fixed rate redemtions. I did not speculate or make claims like "Think outside the box reason Citi is giving 3X TYP on this new cards is because they are getting rid of fixed rate options or devaluating the program more".

All I speculated on was that the only thing in my opinion that I could see Citi doing to fixed rate program was maybe changing who was eligible for fixed rate redemtion at worse case senario but more than likely they would keep a redemtion level which is better than $0.01 per point.

Originally Posted by mia (Post 8225921)
This doesn't square with the fact that "Expedia Account" holders are also eligible, see alfer's message above.

I was not aware anyone with Expedia account was eligible for fixed rate redemtion but if that is the case then isnt everyone really eligible for fixed rate redemtion as Expedia account is free and required to redem your points via Expedia for non fixed rate redemtions or am I missing something and Expedia Accounts are something else beside getting a free login and password on Expedia?

awake Aug 13, 2007 9:37 pm

Dolmar, I was really just kidding.

anaggie Aug 14, 2007 10:09 am

dolmar -- I am not speculating on anything like DRBOND...I was just giving my opinion on how CITI has been doing things lately and trying to follow their logic....basically trying to stay ahead of their game, like all suceesfull business people do and I am sure you do the same...

you are right, I could die right now while typing this post (if you read this I am still alive :D), but so could you. So if you reply, I know you are still alive :D.

But aside from that, I am just saying that that the PLAT AMEX from CITI could be just a trial to see how consumers react. Of course, all that is moot when one can open a FREE expedia acct and be eligible for the FIXED redemptions !!

awake Aug 14, 2007 10:21 am

Originally Posted by anaggie (Post 8229204)
dolmar -- I am not speculating on anything like DRBOND...I was just giving my opinion on how CITI has been doing things lately and trying to follow their logic....basically trying to stay ahead of their game, like all suceesfull business people do and I am sure you do the same...

you are right, I could die right now while typing this post (if you read this I am still alive :D), but so could you. So if you reply, I know you are still alive :D.

But aside from that, I am just saying that that the PLAT AMEX from CITI could be just a trial to see how consumers react. Of course, all that is moot when one can open a FREE expedia acct and be eligible for the FIXED redemptions !!

I really wish that Citi would get their act together on these cards. I am going to get tired pretty soon of juggling their cards based upon changes from MC to AMEX, changes to rewards, etc.

Right now I am starting to appreciate AMEX Platinum, ML+, and DL Platinum. I do not have to deal with the constant brain-farts of the Citi marketing machine.

upgrader Aug 14, 2007 1:21 pm

I must say that just as I read Playboy for the articles and not the pictures, I read this thread for the valuable information from mia and not for the exchanges between anaggie and domar. :D

anaggie Aug 14, 2007 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by awake (Post 8229279)
I really wish that Citi would get their act together on these cards. I am going to get tired pretty soon of juggling their cards based upon changes from MC to AMEX, changes to rewards, etc.

Right now I am starting to appreciate AMEX Platinum, ML+, and DL Platinum. I do not have to deal with the constant brain-farts of the Citi marketing machine.

rjow true...there are a lot of brain farts going on at CITI?

NWA747SNN Aug 14, 2007 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by upgrader (Post 8230433)
I must say that just as I read Playboy for the articles and not the pictures, I read this thread for the valuable information from mia and not for the exchanges between anaggie and domar. :D

Who is Domar?

Sorry could'nt resist :D

upgrader Aug 14, 2007 5:21 pm

I just love it when folks like NWA---- capture the true flavor and spirit of a post rather than simply nitpicking.

CMHFlyerOH Aug 17, 2007 7:49 pm

Does anyone know if this card comes with three free longe visits every year or if this is just a one-time benefit?

mia Aug 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Priority Pass
To be eligible for access to Priority Pass lounges you must enroll in the program with a valid Citi Platinum American Express Card to receive your individual Priority Membership Card. Priority Pass yearly standard membership and the first 3 yearly visits are complimentary, and only available to the primary Cardmember. Cardmember visits after the first 3 in an enrollment year and guests (up to 2 per visit) will be charged $24 per person per visit. Benefit does not include incidental charges that may be incurred at the time of the visit. Upon initial enrollment additional details will be provided in your Priority Pass membership welcome kit

CMHFlyerOH Aug 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 8251391)
Priority Pass
To be eligible for access to Priority Pass lounges you must enroll in the program with a valid Citi Platinum American Express Card to receive your individual Priority Membership Card. Priority Pass yearly standard membership and the first 3 yearly visits are complimentary, and only available to the primary Cardmember. Cardmember visits after the first 3 in an enrollment year and guests (up to 2 per visit) will be charged $24 per person per visit. Benefit does not include incidental charges that may be incurred at the time of the visit. Upon initial enrollment additional details will be provided in your Priority Pass membership welcome kit

Thanks for the post. I guess what throws me in this paragraph is the "enrollment year" language. Normally, I would think an "enrollment year" would only occur one time, when you enroll, but based on the "yearly" language that preceeds it, it sounds as though you get three free visits every year.

Either way, the language is much more confusing than it need be. I'm guessing based on the language in its entiredy that "enrollment year" is basically happens every year as long as you are a cardmember. Very unclear.

mia Aug 17, 2007 8:46 pm

I understand "enrollment year" to refer to a 12 month period based on your individual Priority Pass anniversary month. I think they use the word "enrollment" because it would be based on when you enroll in Priority Pass, not necessarily the same month as your credit card expiration, and not necessarily a calendar year.

upgrader Aug 18, 2007 7:20 am

I just received my Citi Amex and I assume that in order to enroll in Priority Pass you have to do so via phone with PP customer service. (800-352-2834)I tried to enroll online but could not find any indication that you could enroll by any other means than a credit card. The CS office is closed on weekends so I guess I'll have to wait until Monday. Anyone find an online way to enroll?

lpy Aug 19, 2007 2:38 am

This is a good card for TYP, and just submitted an application. Will use this card instead of PPE. ^

amartin1979 Aug 20, 2007 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by upgrader (Post 8252832)
I just received my Citi Amex and I assume that in order to enroll in Priority Pass you have to do so via phone with PP customer service. (800-352-2834)I tried to enroll online but could not find any indication that you could enroll by any other means than a credit card. The CS office is closed on weekends so I guess I'll have to wait until Monday. Anyone find an online way to enroll?

Let me know if you are able to enroll via the telephone.