Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cit ThankYou Points Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by Beckles
This has never been clear to me, I looked at the Drivers Edge website and they said you can redeem from TYP selections at a $1.00 in earnings = 100 point rate, but if they're not being pooled with my other TYP doesn't have nearly as much value. Can earnings from the Drivers Edge card be converted to TYP and pooled with points from other cards?
Yes, all your TYP regardless of the source are pooled into your single TYN account.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
This has never been clear to me, I looked at the Drivers Edge website and they said you can redeem from TYP selections at a $1.00 in earnings = 100 point rate, but if they're not being pooled with my other TYP doesn't have nearly as much value. Can earnings from the Drivers Edge card be converted to TYP and pooled with points from other cards?
From the TYP site FAQ:
"Citi® Driver's Edge Options cardmembers are eligible to participate in ThankYou Network for the sole purpose of converting Driver's Edge Options rebates to ThankYou Points to redeem for ThankYou Network rewards. You may convert Rebates to ThankYou Points by calling the Driver's Edge customer service unit at 1-800-308-4158. For additional information, see Driver's Edge Options Cardmembers - Important Information About Your Participation in ThankYou Network in our Terms & Conditions."
Old Jul 8, 2007, 11:09 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
What is the best deal per TYP

What is the best deal on TYP people have found? So far I have found a $5629 ticket for i think 60k points. To keep it private, please PM me.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 11:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat., WorldPerks, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kranky
From the TYP site FAQ:
"Citi® Driver's Edge Options cardmembers are eligible to participate in ThankYou Network for the sole purpose of converting Driver's Edge Options rebates to ThankYou Points to redeem for ThankYou Network rewards. You may convert Rebates to ThankYou Points by calling the Driver's Edge customer service unit at 1-800-308-4158. For additional information, see Driver's Edge Options Cardmembers - Important Information About Your Participation in ThankYou Network in our Terms & Conditions."
I believe TYP earned with Drivers edge expire after one year.

From their terms and conditions:

Once the Rebates you have converted to ThankYouSM Points have been added to your ThankYou Member Account, you may redeem your ThankYou Points by logging on to the ThankYou Network website at www.thankyounetwork.com, or calling the ThankYou Service Center at 1-877-7REDEEM. Your ThankYou Points expire one year from the date posted to your ThankYou Member Account unless we terminate ThankYou Network , in which case you will have only 90 days from ThankYou Network termination date to redeem all your ThankYou Points. Your Driver's Edge Options Card account must be open and current to be able to convert your Rebates to ThankYou Points.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 2:20 am

Adavance purchase

Does anyone know if it is 14 or 21 days for the fixed airfare award?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by party_boy
Does anyone know if it is 14 or 21 days for the fixed airfare award?
14 Day advance and Saturday night stay.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
In any event you cannot earn bonus Thank You points for buying airline tickets on Expedia...

What travel items do not qualify for any ThankYou Points from Expedia.com?

The following travel items will not earn ThankYou Points from Expedia.com: stand-alone rental car, rental car added on as a post-purchase item, activities and services totaling less than $50, stand-alone flights, and flight + rental car packages. Please refer to your Expedia.com® Account Sponsor terms and conditions for further details and updates.

https://www.thankyounetwork.com/faq.jspx
Ouch. Correct my earlier post: it's a major net-losing propisition if, to earn bonus points, you have to get forced into the worst parts of Expedia - namely, anything involving the hotel purchase.

Of course, it makes sense: that's the area where Expedia reaps the greatest profit.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:50 am
zlc

Originally Posted by party_boy
What is the best deal on TYP people have found? So far I have found a $5629 ticket for i think 60k points. To keep it private, please PM me.
I have booked tickets on Air Canada worth $2200+ for 25000.

Last edited by zlc; Jul 9, 2007 at 11:59 am
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:06 pm

Reminder: You can still purchase TYP for 2.5C per point

The increments are in 1000 points ($25) maximum purchase of 30k. It would be a good deal if you can use up your points accordingly.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:29 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
$2,200 on DL (incl $200 of paid taxes/fees), $1,750 on AA ($95 paid taxes/fees). Both on 25K awards.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
I think this plan backfired on TYP as everyone is trying to maximize their value on TYP....

"Hell hath no fury than an FT'er scorned"

Even I did it....Burned 235,000 TYP in one week.....
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:07 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by anaggie

Oh so true...
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by anaggie
I think this plan backfired on TYP as everyone is trying to maximize their value on TYP....

Even I did it....Burned 235,000 TYP in one week.....
But how are you going to burn what you got in return?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lifeonitsown
But how are you going to burn what you got in return?
There are a number of FTers working at the "burn desk" who are happy to assist via PM.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 9:39 pm

$1815 itinerary, all on CO for 25,000 points

SLK - PDX or SLK-SJC for weekend travel. Good luck.

Last edited by kishna; Jul 10, 2007 at 10:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.