Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cit ThankYou Points Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 4:01 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Continental voucher question

This is a repeat from my previous post# 134.

Last edited by jeelele; Dec 12, 2007 at 1:24 pm
Old Jul 11, 2007, 4:30 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by jeelele
This is a repeat from my previous post# 134 which was unanswered.

Does anyone know for Continental Airlines, if I change my itinerary and the new itinerary is for a fare lower than the previous, what happens to the difference? The original ticket is non-refundable, I am hoping (has X and K class fare together with a Y class segment).

Would I be issued a credit voucher? If yes, does anyone know the rules for that credit voucher?

Can I use to book a ticket for my family? If yes, what if there is still some balance left on that voucher? Do I lose it or can I still use the balance until the voucher expires?

Any information will be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
I'm in the same boat, abiet with LH.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Does anyone know for Continental Airlines, if I change my itinerary and the new itinerary is for a fare lower than the previous, what happens to the difference? The original ticket is non-refundable, I am hoping (has X and K class fare together with a Y class segment).
I don't know the answer for CO, but you're probably better off doing a search in the CO forum (try searching for "voucher").
Old Jul 11, 2007, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
This is a repeat from my previous post# 134 which was unanswered.

Would I be issued a credit voucher? If yes, does anyone know the rules for that credit voucher?

Can I use to book a ticket for my family? If yes, what if there is still some balance left on that voucher? Do I lose it or can I still use the balance until the voucher expires?

Any information will be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
You should post this in the CO forum. It's to your advantage.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 6:23 pm

Thanks!

Last edited by jeelele; Dec 12, 2007 at 1:28 pm
Old Jul 11, 2007, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by party_boy
I'm in the same boat, abiet with LH.
Did you get your issues resolved about getting vouchers? How did you convince them to do it?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by martian
Did you get your issues resolved about getting vouchers? How did you convince them to do it?
Nope. Not yet.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 7:16 pm

Nope. Not yet.
So, this booked with LH and not UA right? Did you do that on purpose or was there no choice?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 8:36 pm

edited

Last edited by ansatzjp; Jun 13, 2011 at 10:21 am
Old Jul 11, 2007, 8:45 pm

How do you get the airline to make changes, because surely when you call they tell you any changes can only be made through expedia?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 9:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat., WorldPerks, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by martian
How do you get the airline to make changes, because surely when you call they tell you any changes can only be made through expedia?
What airlines? I think they just might be pissed at getting so many cancellations from Expedia. I bet if they havent figured out whats going on, they would be confused as hell.

I do believe that expedia's terms and conditions mention that changes have to be made thru them. Unfortunately, they also say that points are non-refundable and you may get a credit with airlines. But then they say that tickets are not refundable with the airlines.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 9:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat., WorldPerks, HH Gold, SPG Gold
I disagree. When booking the CSR mentioned that she had to make an virtual card number to charge. I'm assuming that Citibank is paying for it.
So how come expedia use credit card to book tickets. One would imagine that they have some contract with the airlines to pay cash and get 1-2% cash discount. Maybe they are using premier pass elite and earning flight/purchase miles on all these purchases.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 9:40 pm

Picked up directly by citibank.

Last edited by jeelele; Dec 12, 2007 at 1:29 pm
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:23 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by lifeonitsown
What airlines? I think they just might be pissed at getting so many cancellations from Expedia. I bet if they havent figured out whats going on, they would be confused as hell.

I think the airlines would be just fine with the situation. They are getting paid cash. Those trying to then rebook the tickets will lose change/cancellation fees (pure gravy for the airline) and have only a year to do so. Win-Win for the airlines. Not so much for Citi but, of course, starting in 3 days they limit their own liability substantially.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:38 am

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Deleted

Last edited by BOISJC744; Jul 12, 2007 at 2:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.