Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Premier converted to Citi Strata Premier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Premier converted to Citi Strata Premier

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: CI, JL
Originally Posted by mia
Benefit changes are listed in Post 4,
Well they took away the trip insurance and put it back...

10x TYP has been there. 3x EV seems to be an equivalent of gas, so that's probably the only addition.

Hopefully Prestige will get a better refreshment if it's converted to Elite.
Old May 16, 2024, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I am kind of confused as to why they are introducing Strata if there's no obvious changes from the Premier?
Presumably they are preparing the Strata brand for use with other cards, like the rumored Strata Elite.
Old May 16, 2024, 6:33 pm

I am kind of confused as to why they are introducing Strata if there's no obvious changes from the Premier?
Originally Posted by claimui
Presumably they are preparing the Strata brand for use with other cards, like the rumored Strata Elite.
My thoughts too. They're aiming to establish a brand of premium travel cards. Similar to the Sapphire cards and now Well Fargo's Autograph cards.
coolfish1103 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 7:56 pm

This card is far from "Premium." In fact, in spite of having been approved for it almost month ago, I haven't even received the card, nor the replacement they claim they sent out 10 days ago. Ever worse, Citi is gaslighting me into believing this is my fault. After dealing with incompetence at both the level of normal customer service and the "Executive Office" (whose staff speak like they work for the DMV), I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Citi is an absolute joke.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
So I just booked a car rental through Citi Travel.

The price was about $20-25 more compared to another site for the same agency in Italy.

I could have paid 1 cents per point to pay off the rental with points or pay for the rental with cash but get 10x points.

At 10x points, the cash value if I redeemed those 10x points earned from this transaction is worth more.

Seems too good to be true.

Or else transfer points to airlines and redeem some award flight though, absent sales on AF awards, that's not very attractive either.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 2:05 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by frappant
At 10x points, the cash value if I redeemed those 10x points earned from this transaction is worth more.
Worth more than what?
Old Jun 24, 2024, 2:14 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
So I just booked a car rental through Citi Travel.

The price was about $20-25 more compared to another site for the same agency in Italy.

I could have paid 1 cents per point to pay off the rental with points or pay for the rental with cash but get 10x points.

Seems too good to be true.

Or else transfer points to airlines and redeem some award flight though, absent sales on AF awards, that's not very attractive either.
You need to do your math again. Say the rental is $200. You'd get 2,000 points. 2,000 points = $20 cash value.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 6:25 pm

The rental price was just under $400. So either I spend almost 40k TY points or I buy it paying $20-25 more than I could have on another site, and it should be $40 cash back.

We shall see if I get those points.
Old Jun 25, 2024, 8:54 am
RNE

I am kind of confused as to why they are introducing Strata...
Because "Premier" is hackneyed.
Old Jun 25, 2024, 9:26 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

....paying $20-25 more than I could have on another site, and it should be $40 cash back.
How many points would you have earned if you booked on the other site?
Old Jun 25, 2024, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by mia
How many points would you have earned if you booked on the other site?

I guess 3X points, so rounding up to $400, it would have been 1200 points.

That would be $12 statement credit.
Old Jun 25, 2024, 11:13 am
mia

....1200 points.
As I see it, you will be paying $25 extra to earn 4000-1200=2,800 extra points.
Old Jun 25, 2024, 12:50 pm

True. I went to the Citi Travel site to see how many points it would take and decided there to just pay cash and get the points.

This is kind of a last-minute booking, 2-3 weeks out. So the prices were higher than they'd have been if I booked earlier.
Old Jun 25, 2024, 1:33 pm
mia

....to see how many points it would take and decided ....
Understood. I am not disagreeing with your choice, just trying to clarify and refine the arithmetic because we all make these same types of decisions, and it can be useful to understand other people's process.
Old Jul 16, 2024, 7:54 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Anyone know the new ins coverage on the new citi stratus
Are o/w fare bookings covered?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.