Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Premier converted to Citi Strata Premier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2024, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

I was setting up a new iPhone, and when I added my Citi Premier card to Apple Pay, it is showing up as Citi Strata Premier:

The card design in Apple Pay seems quite temporary with the huge border.

In the Citi app, the Premier card also showing up as Citi Strata Premier.

Although interestingly (maybe not for Citi), the supposed Strata link is not live yet: https://dit02.creditcards.citi.com/c...er-credit-card
Old May 12, 2024, 1:30 pm

It's live now. https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/ci...er-credit-card
Old May 12, 2024, 4:41 pm

So they've added trip delay and trip cancellation/interruption insurance to the card, which seems to be the only difference vs. the discontinued Premier. Can't say I'm a fan of the new design, but perhaps it'll look better in person.
happychic likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:18 pm

Does Strata Have the Same Extended Warranty as Premier?

The only reason I keep the Premier card is the very generous 2-year warranty extension.

I can't find anything about extended warranty online. However, I did see a screen that says the existing benefits will remain (see below). Anyone see anything specific re extended warranty?

Old May 13, 2024, 1:20 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Click here to download Benefits Guide: https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/-/...24_tagged.ashx

See page 28.
Old May 14, 2024, 7:29 am

Programs: AA, BA, HH
I just called to match the 75k offer. I'm within 90 days of opening my premier card. The two agents said no. I don't understand why Citi would say no when they have changed my card to this product....
Old May 14, 2024, 9:01 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Historically, Citi does not "match" higher offers. Instead, ask them if they will give you a courtesy adjustment equal to the difference between the two offers. Be aware that points awarded this way are classified as "taxable" points, which means they cannot be Transferred to airline or hotel partners, and cannot be Shared with other accounts.
ithinkurdumb and cuthroat like this.
Old May 14, 2024, 7:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Hey Flyers, Just call Citi if I can PC to Prestige (I already have one) and he said "No", Prestige is not an option. I end up PCing to the Custom Cash.
dw likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 10:34 am

I just read my benefits guide and it looks like the extended warranty is back? Page 28 of the guide says they'll extend the product warranty by 2 years for purchases made on the card. I thought Citi got rid of all of their extended product warranties?
Old May 16, 2024, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by colonelcasey
I just read my benefits guide and it looks like the extended warranty is back? Page 28 of the guide says they'll extend the product warranty by 2 years for purchases made on the card. I thought Citi got rid of all of their extended product warranties?
They never got rid of it for the Premier card. It's a great benefit - chances of something going wrong with a product in year 3 is not trivial.
colonelcasey likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 12:03 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
What is the Master Rental Coverage?

Is it comparable to the Chase Sapphire Preferred primary rental coverage?
Old May 16, 2024, 12:24 pm
mia

Originally Posted by frappant
What is the Master Rental Coverage?
Scroll back to post 5 of this thread. Click the link to download the Benefits Guide. Start reading on page 6. For domestic USA rentals, coverage is secondary.
Old May 16, 2024, 12:41 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Hmm, so comparable to Chase Sapphire Preferred, it's Primary coverage outside the home country of the cardholder.

But it would be 3X points instead of 2X points with CSR.

Then you have to decide which points are more worth accumulating, UR or Thank You points.
Old May 16, 2024, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
I am kind of confused as to why they are introducing Strata if there's no obvious changes from the Premier?
Old May 16, 2024, 4:50 pm
mia

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
....no obvious changes from the Premier?
Benefit changes are listed in Post 4,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.