Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hunting for Concierge Improvement Ideas. Possible Re-entry to premium card soon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Hunting for Concierge Improvement Ideas. Possible Re-entry to premium card soon?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2023, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Post Citi Hunting for Concierge Improvement Ideas. Possible Re-entry to premium card soon?

The website whichcardtoget has reported that Citi is actively hunting for ideas on how can they improve their concierge hunting. The DOC post has comment which takes to the page with detailed news. But it does seem like Citi is exploring seriously re-entry to the Premium card market after their discontinuation of Prestige card and after Capital One created strong ripple with Venture X. The rumors have just seem to have become more serious. I hope Citi actually goes through with this instead of exploring and then abandoning the idea as the premium card market does need more competition. What are your observations? Does this carry any weight or simply just fuel to the fire of rumors?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Gold
there's the Citi Strata Premier trademark filing as well. Would defintely be interested in seeing what they bring
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I am curious and hopeful and the same time.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I did some searching and found this article:
https://dannydealguru.com/new-citi-strata-cards/

Mentions two cards

Strata Elite and Strata Premier

355F1 likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Looks like we will see the Strata Premier at least in a few days.

https://www.reddit.com/r/citi/commen..._live_kind_of/

https://frequentmiler.com/citi-axing...ard-on-may-16/
happychic likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 11:40 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Based on info that have trickled out already, the Strata Premier is essentially Premier with a "fancier" name.

LAX
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by LAX
Based on info that have trickled out already, the Strata Premier is essentially Premier with a "fancier" name.
And some travel insurance, it seems?

I have the current Premier and was thinking of canceling it before it renews in July. Wondering if I should accelerate that plan…. But then I also need to do something with my 100k TYP.
bomberman92 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm…DoC reports:
  • 75,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months
    • Bonus ThankYou® Points are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi Premier ® or a Citi Strata Premier ℠ account in the past 48 months.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-...now-available/

Since I got my current Premier card about two years ago, I won’t be able to get a new bonus.

Wonder if the Strata Elite is still on the roadmap. Has Citi ever offered upgrade bonuses?
Old May 12, 2024, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Citi has converted (renamed?) Premier accounts to Strata Premier accounts.

Card is now live on Citi site.

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/ci...er-credit-card

Perhaps it’s time for a new thread … or a rename of the old Premier thread?

Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months)
dw likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Please continue the discussion of the Citi Strata Premier card in the following thread:Thank you,

TWA884
Acting moderator, Citi ThankYou Rewards

Last edited by TWA884; May 13, 2024 at 8:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.