Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2021, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Citi AA card discussion from 2019 - 2020 is HERE. That thread has an extensive Wikipost, but be aware that much of the content is obsolete.

Current Citibank Business AA card Sign Up Bonus eligibility:
"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months."

Current Citibank Personal AA card Sign Up Bonus eligibility:
"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months."

Business and Personal cards are separated in terms of the SUB exclusions, and the restriction is based upon when you received the bonus.

The sign-up bonus typically appears on the statement in which you met the spending requirement. Miles shown on the statement typically post to your AA account 2 days later.

Print Wikipost

Citi AA Cards

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mster
Better to apply for Citi AA Biz as sole proprietor or EIN? Best odds for instant approval?

Can do either, just really dislike dealing with recon or submitting docs.
Ive never had a problem with sole proprietor. Have had this card twice.
mster likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Better to apply for Citi AA Biz as sole proprietor or EIN? Best odds for instant approval?

I don't think anyone here knows. Everyone's files are different. Just go with whichever you're most comfortable with.
sdsearch and mster like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC

I did mine as Sole Proprietor and got an instant approval.
mster likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
FWIW, I just applied for the Citi AA Executive Card to complete my AA Personal Card portfolio, they approved me with a substantial credit limit (about as much as my four current Citi CL are combined). Not sure if Citi is being aggressive or what, but I was surprised. I would actually prefer to have the limit on my Citi Premier, but it is what it is. No reason to hold both a Executive and Platinum Card, right (unless I want to earn 2x AA miles on dining, which I don't really)
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
...I would actually prefer to have the limit on my Citi Premier
When you open a new CC account, Citi is known to be willing to reallocate credit lines between accounts. You need to call and request that. With established accounts any credit line raise will require a hard credit pull.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by MaxVO
When you open a new CC account, Citi is known to be willing to reallocate credit lines between accounts. You need to call and request that. With established accounts any credit line raise will require a hard credit pull.
Oh really? I had no idea that at the time of approval for a new card, I can use that go to also reallocate credit. Is this an actual policy or ymmv? I would also love to reallocate credit from a new card application.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Oh really? I had no idea that at the time of approval for a new card, I can use that go to also reallocate credit. Is this an actual policy or ymmv? I would also love to reallocate credit from a new card application.
It was my own past experiences, and others reported in this thread in prior years. As usual, we can assume this practice still works until someone reports to the contrary.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:37 am

Was approved for the citi aa business card, got the approval letter but no mention of the SUB, is this usual?
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by mew24680
Was approved for the citi aa business card, got the approval letter but no mention of the SUB, is this usual?
As stated in the wiki for the precursor thread, letters for business cards never confirm the bonus.
mew24680 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
As stated in the wiki for the precursor thread, letters for business cards never confirm the bonus.
many thanks! i missed it when searching the threads
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:11 am
Etp

My product change from a non-AA Citi card to an AA Platinum Select was processed yesterday and the AA card showed up in my Citi online profile. I called AAdvantage today to book a reduced mileage award and the agent could not verify that I am a credit card holder and thus could not book the award for me. The syncing between UA and Chase, or Delta and Amex is within hours (and sometimes instantaneous) following a product change. But it seems that's not the case between Citi and AA. Does anybody know how long I should wait for the information to be synced between Citi and AA? And, other than calling and being refused to book a reduced mileage award, is there a way to check whether my AA credit card has been linked to my AAdvantage account?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:25 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by Etp
.... way to check whether my AA credit card has been linked to my AAdvantage account?
When you login to your account at aa.com you will see:

Welcome back,
[Your Name]

[AAdvantage status] [AAdvantage account number]

AAdvantage [name of card] cardmember

Available award miles:

NNN,NNN
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:38 am
Etp

Originally Posted by mia
When you login to your account at aa.com you will see:
Thanks! This is very helpful. I don't see the "AAdvantage [name of card] cardmember" part when I login. Do you (or anybody here) know how long it usually takes after a Citi product change for AAdvantage to know about the credit card? And is there anything I can do to possibly speed up the process?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 7:27 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Based on AA's rules for the checked bag benefit it looks as if it could take up to a week: Citi & Barclaycard AA Credit Card Free Domestic Checked Bag / Baggage / Luggage
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:51 am

I'm thinking of switching from my Aviator Red Barclaycard to Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select. Same fee, same free bag, same priority boarding, same 2x on AA purchases, but Citi also offers 2x on restaurants and gas stations. Seems like a no-brainer to switch, avoid this year's annual fee, and get a 50,000-mile bonus in the process.

Are there any issues I need to look out for? I don't care about Flight Cents and I don't spend enough to hit the annual bonus perks, but I just want to make sure I won't lose the 50K bonus or some other benefit on a technicality. I've had the Aviator card since 2013, FWIW, so it's not like I'm churning or anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.