Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Flight Charges Disappear from Citi Prestige Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold

I have a really weird issue going on. 2 weeks ago I booked a bunch of flights for an upcoming trip using my Citi Prestige card. Some were booked on Turkish Airlines website, some on Air Canada, some on Vayama, and some on Sun Express. The latter 3 all went pending for a few days and then posted to my account, however, the flights booked on Turkish Airlines went pending initially but have now entirely disappeared from my statement. I do not understand what is going on.

I called Turkish Airlines and they said all of my flight bookings are confirmed and look fine. I called Citi twice, the first person (regular line) I spoke to said he suspected the charges were canceled by Turkish Airlines since he could not see any evidence of them in the Citi system. The second Citi agent (Citi Prestige line) said that if Turkish said the flights were confirmed that I am ok, and that Citi has authorized Turkish to make the flight charges. He said there is nothing I can do but wait and see what happens.

These flights begin next week, and I'm really worried since no one at Citi can give me a straight answer. Has anyone had anything like this happen where flight charges disappear for a while? What was the outcome and what did you do to resolve this?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
All of this was invisible to cardholders until issuers started to display pending charges online. Pending charges automatically disappear after a set time. The charge should reappear when the airline finalizes the card transaction. Just wait.
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.