Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige: cancel (downgrade) card, keep $250 travel credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT

Billing cycle just ended on my Prestige Card, account now shows $450 AF. Prior to the end of the cycle, I made a travel purchase, received $250 credit a day after it posted.

Could not find any posts of anyone closing the card, receiving a full refund of the AF, able to keep the travel credit.

I would be most grateful for any first-hand experiences.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Called to cancel, little pushback, no clawback of $495 AF.

At this point, only real loss for me is Priority Pass, my Hilton Biz and Ascend AMEX each provide 10 free passes per program year, should suffice.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by diver858
Called to cancel, little pushback, no clawback of $495 AF.

At this point, only real loss for me is Priority Pass, my Hilton Biz and Ascend AMEX each provide 10 free passes per program year, should suffice.
NB Amex PP is different from the Prestige PP. Whether that matters depends on the airports you frequent....
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:04 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Billing cycle just ended on my Prestige Card, account now shows $450 AF. Prior to the end of the cycle, I made a travel purchase, received $250 credit a day after it posted.

Could not find any posts of anyone closing the card, receiving a full refund of the AF, able to keep the travel credit.

My fee comes in another month. I made my travel purchase and requested a credit, and they said it will post at the statement end. ...--it should post now!
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NDN
My fee comes in another month. I made my travel purchase and requested a credit, and they said it will post at the statement end. ...--it should post now!
Thank you for the reply. My statement ended earlier this week - credit posted, along with AF, so I proceeded with cancellation - as detailed above.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Explorist, BA Bronze, BW Diamond Elite

What happened to your points? Do you have another Citi card? I would likely downgrade to Premier or Rewards+
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmanEB04
What happened to your points? Do you have another Citi card? I would likely downgrade to Premier or Rewards+
I moved them to B6 prior to closure, believe Citi allows 60 days to disposition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.