FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige: cancel (downgrade) card, keep $250 travel credit? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/2005749-citi-prestige-cancel-downgrade-card-keep-250-travel-credit.html)

diver858 Jan 22, 20 7:49 pm

Citi Prestige: cancel (downgrade) card, keep $250 travel credit?
 
Billing cycle just ended on my Prestige Card, account now shows $450 AF. Prior to the end of the cycle, I made a travel purchase, received $250 credit a day after it posted.

Could not find any posts of anyone closing the card, receiving a full refund of the AF, able to keep the travel credit.

I would be most grateful for any first-hand experiences.

diver858 Jan 25, 20 6:16 am

Called to cancel, little pushback, no clawback of $495 AF.

At this point, only real loss for me is Priority Pass, my Hilton Biz and Ascend AMEX each provide 10 free passes per program year, should suffice.

akr1970akr Jan 25, 20 1:47 pm


Originally Posted by diver858 (Post 31992821)
Called to cancel, little pushback, no clawback of $495 AF.

At this point, only real loss for me is Priority Pass, my Hilton Biz and Ascend AMEX each provide 10 free passes per program year, should suffice.

NB Amex PP is different from the Prestige PP. Whether that matters depends on the airports you frequent....

NDN Jan 26, 20 7:04 am


Originally Posted by diver858 (Post 31983616)
Billing cycle just ended on my Prestige Card, account now shows $450 AF. Prior to the end of the cycle, I made a travel purchase, received $250 credit a day after it posted.

Could not find any posts of anyone closing the card, receiving a full refund of the AF, able to keep the travel credit.

I would be most grateful for any first-hand experiences.

My fee comes in another month. I made my travel purchase and requested a credit, and they said it will post at the statement end. ...--it should post now!

diver858 Jan 26, 20 12:36 pm


Originally Posted by NDN (Post 31995977)
My fee comes in another month. I made my travel purchase and requested a credit, and they said it will post at the statement end. ...--it should post now!

Thank you for the reply. My statement ended earlier this week - credit posted, along with AF, so I proceeded with cancellation - as detailed above.

jmanEB04 Feb 7, 20 11:03 pm


Originally Posted by diver858 (Post 31983616)
Billing cycle just ended on my Prestige Card, account now shows $450 AF. Prior to the end of the cycle, I made a travel purchase, received $250 credit a day after it posted.

Could not find any posts of anyone closing the card, receiving a full refund of the AF, able to keep the travel credit.

I would be most grateful for any first-hand experiences.

What happened to your points? Do you have another Citi card? I would likely downgrade to Premier or Rewards+

diver858 Feb 8, 20 4:28 pm


Originally Posted by jmanEB04 (Post 32046687)
What happened to your points? Do you have another Citi card? I would likely downgrade to Premier or Rewards+

I moved them to B6 prior to closure, believe Citi allows 60 days to disposition.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:39 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.