Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Must be a YMMV thing... Today (Sunday), there was a message about high demand, could be a wait, then the phone rang once, and someone picked it up right away. Very friendly, intelligent, expeditious, with prompt e-mail follow-up. Had much worse (and none better) back in "the good old days."
AFAICT they just never change the message - in the last week (with the same message) I've had waits ranging for 0 to 20 minutes
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Must be a YMMV thing... Today (Sunday), there was a message about high demand, could be a wait, then the phone rang once, and someone picked it up right away. Very friendly, intelligent, expeditious, with prompt e-mail follow-up. Had much worse (and none better) back in "the good old days."
That notice was there forever. I cannot remember a time when I did not get the notice, but 95% of the time the phone is answered almost immediately. I do tent to call early EST times (~7 in the morning).
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Hilton status benefits?

Any recent experiences with getting Hilton status recognition and benefits (e.g., points, free breakfasts, upgrades, etc.) when booking a 4th night free stay at a Hilton property through the Citi Concierge?

Thanks for any help.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:36 pm

Booking through the human concierge should be as if you booked directly. Full recognition and benefits.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Any recent experiences with getting Hilton status recognition and benefits (e.g., points, free breakfasts, upgrades, etc.) when booking a 4th night free stay at a Hilton property through the Citi Concierge?

Thanks for any help.
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Booking through the human concierge should be as if you booked directly. Full recognition and benefits.
Thanks for the very quick and useful reply!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:08 pm

4th night free switcheroo

I had the Citi Prestige concierge make a 4th-night-free reservation for me. The hotel manager then manually lowered the nightly rate for me to an unpublished rate. Will I still get the refund for the 4th night? And if so, at what rate?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Just called and made a booking for points redemption. Agent told me that system was changed and they will no longer add member number for benefits. Only now can request it at check in at the property.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Just called and made a booking for points redemption. Agent told me that system was changed and they will no longer add member number for benefits. Only now can request it at check in at the property.
Agents differ.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Hasn't it always been that way for points redemptions?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:10 am

Yeah, that's points redemptions....same as using TYP directly on the website. 3rd party booking.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Two ways to call and make a booking

* concierge - can handle your loyalty program
* TYP portal phone service - basically a human who just books the portal (or other website) from their side

The latter's utility was only really for booking stuff like Southwest or Norwegian which didn't show on the portals, but were available over the phone.

I don't see how Prestige is going to be credible in the flagship card category without a real travel concierge capability. I hope they'll revisit that and keep some functionality there.

800 TYP doesn't count to me.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:53 am

Any issues getting reimbursed lately?

Had a prepaid stay which posted to my card on November 10, and the stay itself was November 17-21.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I had a post pay stay early November, still haven't heard anything. Usually I at least get an email saying the credit is coming.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by ellinj
I had a post pay stay early November, still haven't heard anything. Usually I at least get an email saying the credit is coming.
Hopefully they'll get them going soon.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
I've been getting the credits slowly. I've only just got credit for stays from late Sept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.