Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
It was always the "official" line. But in practice it used to be much much shorter.

The "official" line is there to protect the outliers. If this is now the expectation (as it seems to be, I'm more than a month for my stays and nothing yet) that is important to know for many reasons.
I know, but can't really tell you why that's the case. Previously once the credit was processed, it would post to your account within 5-10 business days. However there were some issues with the process so they changed it and now once the credit is processed it takes 1-2 billing cycles.

Last edited by homie1; Aug 31, 2018 at 11:27 am
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
If a hotel has a 4th night free promotion that is applied at checkout and the amount charged to citi is less than what they booked, does that cause any issues?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
TY 4th night free price mistake

I booked a 4th night free reservation through the portal that was clearly a pricing error as the 4 night price was about what 1 night costs when booked directly through the hotel and its a room type that isn't available when booking direct. It is fully pre-paid and Citi has confirmed over the phone that I have a reservation, but I can't get a Marriott reservation number or confirm with the hotel. Has anyone run into issues with thankyou reward reservations and hotels not honoring the reservation or cancelling closer to check in?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyer1232
I booked a 4th night free reservation through the portal ....
When you make a reservation through the portal it is processed by Citi's agency Connexions. Connexions may obtain the room nights through another agency, such as Expedia, and the hotel may not see the reservation until the day before the stay. This is disclosed in the terms:

Due to hotel Supplier policies applicable to our preferred rates, your name may not be provided to the hotel property until 24 hours prior to your arrival.
https://www.thankyou.com/cms/thankyo...nd&src=TYUSENG

Have you specifically asked Connexions for a Marriott confirmation number?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
If a hotel has a 4th night free promotion that is applied at checkout and the amount charged to citi is less than what they booked, does that cause any issues?
They verify the invoice before paying (not going on what the reservation said) so it should not be a problem - but of course the refund will be lower.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I have stays that ended on 7/29 and 8/2.

I got the "one to two billing cycles" answer. Definitely a delay from only couple of months ago where it was 1-2 weeks tops.
UPDATE: Got the "you got a refund" e-mails yesterday for both stays - so now it is about a month post stay.

Granted, both those stays were in a none-chain, independent hotels in a completely different time zone. I'd like to think that is the reason (i.e., they did not receive the invoices automatically and have actually to call to get them). However, I'm suspicious it is more than that.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
UPDATE: Got the "you got a refund" e-mails yesterday for both stays - so now it is about a month post stay.

Granted, both those stays were in a none-chain, independent hotels in a completely different time zone. I'd like to think that is the reason (i.e., they did not receive the invoices automatically and have actually to call to get them). However, I'm suspicious it is more than that.
I am getting notices 5-6 weeks after stays - these were major chain hotels so not an independent hotel issue IMO. Much slower than before
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I stayed four nights at a Holiday Inn Express in Thailand 2 weeks ago. Booked through Concierge.

Paid for the four nights on arrival at hotel, made a mistake and paid with my Chase IHG card.

Went down the next morning and asked if they would reverse that transaction and charge it to my Citi Prestige.

Still haven't gotten the 4th night refund. Am wondering if I screwed myself by initially charging it to wrong card.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I stayed four nights at a Holiday Inn Express in Thailand 2 weeks ago. Booked through Concierge.

Paid for the four nights on arrival at hotel, made a mistake and paid with my Chase IHG card.

Went down the next morning and asked if they would reverse that transaction and charge it to my Citi Prestige.

Still haven't gotten the 4th night refund. Am wondering if I screwed myself by initially charging it to wrong card.
Did u see the post just before yours?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by estnet
Did u see the post just before yours?
I did. I guess I'll know in another month. Not sure if the folio will show that I paid with the Citi Prestige or the other card.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:01 pm

did you sign a charge slip with the citi card number? You should be able to tell by that or by looking at your cc account online to see if it was charged to citi
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
did you sign a charge slip with the citi card number? You should be able to tell by that or by looking at your cc account online to see if it was charged to citi
why overcomplicate? Just needs to see which card the charge was on.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer

why overcomplicate? Just needs to see which card the charge was on.
It was charged to the IHG card, that charged was refunded the next day, and it was charged to the Citi card. That makes the situation unusual.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
It was charged to the IHG card, that charged was refunded the next day, and it was charged to the Citi card. That makes the situation unusual.
then you should get it. You might have to submit docs if not automatically picked up tho.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:43 pm

My 4th night stay credit from a hotel in London finally posted but it seems a little lower than I expected. I think it's a result of the exchange rate that is being used. Does anyone know if they use the same rate that is used by Citi when they convert the charge? Or are they using the OANDA spot rate which is always better/worse that anyone can get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.