Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:48 am

yea the 4th night credit is really slow now...
still havent got credits from back in Oct.

The online booking service is terrible.
They only have a limited number of hotels compared to other OTAs and the pricing is much higher than on the hotel website or other OTAs.
Even with 4th night free, it ended up more expensive for some hotels.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
yea the 4th night credit is really slow now...
still havent got credits from back in Oct.

The online booking service is terrible.
They only have a limited number of hotels compared to other OTAs and the pricing is much higher than on the hotel website or other OTAs.
Even with 4th night free, it ended up more expensive for some hotels.
Remarkably slow even with f/u call
Not only is their rate higher than OTA but calling rep to book DOES often lead to a rate MUCH higher than the hotels own website (as I gave an example upthread)! This doesn't make much sense - not only that but getting a simple quote of rates for 2 hotels took 5 days (when promised next morning)
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
They don't want to support the benefit. It costs too much. Try the concierge rather than the 800 TYP number
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
They don't want to support the benefit. It costs too much. Try the concierge rather than the 800 TYP number
All my comments refer to the concierge- I never use typ
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
I had a post pay stay early November, still haven't heard anything. Usually I at least get an email saying the credit is coming.
I'm still waiting for one at the beginning of October.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by op487062
I'm still waiting for one at the beginning of October.
Same here. Concierge said it should post a few weeks after close of 2nd statement following the hotel stay, so for me, this should be soon.
joachimm likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Any advice for getting a competitive rate when booking via Aspire / Connexions? Looking at a 4-night stay at the Aava Hotel in Whistler: prices on thankyou.com are so much higher than other OTAs that it's actually more expensive to book with the 4th night free. I assume there's an agency code I could feed to the concierge?
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Any advice for getting a competitive rate when booking via Aspire / Connexions? Looking at a 4-night stay at the Aava Hotel in Whistler: prices on thankyou.com are so much higher than other OTAs that it's actually more expensive to book with the 4th night free. I assume there's an agency code I could feed to the concierge?
The concierge can book rates that the hotel offers directly. Sometimes I just get on a hotel's email distribution list ahead of time and wait. There's a chance that they will offer some quiet deal, maybe 4 for 3, or what not and then concierge can book that. Unf, those are never for peak periods, and that's the main time we are forced to travel, due to school calendars. Then the 4NF has been pretty awesome.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Same here. Concierge said it should post a few weeks after close of 2nd statement following the hotel stay, so for me, this should be soon.
I stayed 10/30 . My statement closes on the 18th, By that math I should get the credit after my Dec 18th statement or would it be January?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:58 pm

I stayed 10/30 . My statement closes on the 18th, By that math I should get the credit after my Dec 18th statement or would it be January?
Probably January
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Concierge unable to book rate found at thankyou.com?!

This is strange. I could swear that in the past, the Prestige Concierge has had access to rates shown at ThankYou.com.

However, upon finding a great rate (much cheaper than on hilton.com), I excitedly emailed the Concierge to book with the 4th night free benefit... and was told that they (the concierge) have no access to such rates; I'd have to call the ThankYou department directly. And I presume via that route (as with booking at thankyou.com) I'd be ineligible to receive status & points benefits, right?

Was this a change in policy? Or was I mistaken in my prior understanding?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Speaking of slow...I recently called to follow up on a 4th night credit from October. I asked the concierge I spoke to what the review process was and if they needed me to send my folio in, since I needed an email copy for myself and had the hotel change the aspire lifestyles email address to my personal email address. The concierge told me it wasn't necessary, and that they verify stays by calling the property. Does anyone know if this is actually what they do? If so, no wonder it takes so long.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by immaculate
Speaking of slow...I recently called to follow up on a 4th night credit from October. I asked the concierge I spoke to what the review process was and if they needed me to send my folio in, since I needed an email copy for myself and had the hotel change the aspire lifestyles email address to my personal email address. The concierge told me it wasn't necessary, and that they verify stays by calling the property. Does anyone know if this is actually what they do? If so, no wonder it takes so long.

I have heard the same thing, I don't think it needs to take so long I can't imagine there are THAT many people using this benefit. I think Citi has intentionally slowed the process down.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by immaculate
.... verify stays by calling the property. ...
I believe we have previous reports that they do call, but anecdotal evidence that they do not verify every stay. That said, I would expect periods in which every stay would be verified to establish a compliance baseline.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:20 am

I was just told my claim was processed and credit would be awarded in the next billing cycle. So it will take 3 billing cycles after the initial charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.