Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your Credit Home page, and find Available Credit at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says Request Increase to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears Cards (2014 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Still no luck. However, they deactivated my current card and have ben issuing a new and improved chip card that is apparently being delivered by snail. What bank deactivates a current card before the enduser receives the replacement? You try to contact Citi support, they are clueless on anything. Missing out on some great offers too since I do not have a SYW card to use right now.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I got an offer today that gave some benefits if used the Sears card for appliances at Sears over the long weekend. Either a discount or a finance free time period.

Didn't seem to require activation but in any case I just deleted it.

I'd be reluctant to interact with Sears for anything that might involve an issue at any point.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:50 pm

New Sears Citi Thank You card design
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by KIcarus
New Sears Citi Thank You card design
It's been up for about a week, maybe two at the most. I think it's a pretty neat design - I'm sort of surprised they bothered though honestly since nobody new can get the card. Will be neat to get the new design eventually though.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 3:56 am

Got the 25x on utilities and can pay ahead but also wondering if it would include having my heating system serviced? Also what can these Sears Citi points be used for? Is it just gift cards...
Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:07 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Caribgrl
....include having my heating system serviced? .....
Would the work be billed by the electric/gas/oil company so that MasterCard would see it as a Utility transaction? As always, it does not matter what you buy, only how the billing merchant has classified itself.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 12:44 pm

Got the 25x on utilities and can pay ahead but also wondering if it would include having my heating system serviced? Also what can these Sears Citi points be used for? Is it just gift cards...
You say Sears Citi points, do you mean Citi Thank You points or Sears SYW points?
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Keyword: Plastiq.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:16 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
This is the 4th time this year Ive gotten the Spend $2k earn 12,500 Bonus Miles.

I just had 45k points post this month too, with other bonuses they offered. (I didnt use the 25x utilities as my utilities charge a fee for using a CC)
Old Sep 19, 2020, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by brajalle
You say Sears Citi points, do you mean Citi Thank You points or Sears SYW points?
Citi Sears. That can be used for gift cards but also wondering is that all they are good for....
Old Sep 19, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Citi Sears. That can be used for gift cards but also wondering is that all they are good for....
Go back to page 1 and read forward, the exciting use of this card is TYPs, though a few seem content with cash back as SYWP.

You need a Citi Premier to be able to transfer the points to airlines and use the TYP portal to book flights and hotels.

JetBlue is a good option for South America and the Caribbean.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:20 pm

If you read up, the website login page had a new graphic for the TY card. About a week ago a notice appeared on my account after login that a new card was on it's way to me. Sounds like they're sending out the new design to everyone. Looking forward to it, the gray boring card is much improved with the blue TY.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Received this great offer today, this is similar to the last year offer, but then it was 20x on up to 20k points. Also note the language that purchases made after activation will count only. Previously, postdated activation also counted.

Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yugi
Received this great offer today, this is similar to the last year offer, but then it was 20x on up to 20k points. Also note the language that purchases made after activation will count only. Previously, postdated activation also counted.

The past few months I've had these offers available when I login to my Sears card account before they arrive by mail, just activated this one in my account.
Still best TYP card going.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:14 am

Yup, got the 10% on $1500 or more per month up to $250 in credits. This is well above my usual spend for gas/grocery/dining though. I bought a couple Visa/MC gift cards in the past to meet the ~$500 requirements and slowly used them on organic spend, but $1.5k is a bit much for me. Any good ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.