Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by tomterrfic
Somewhat concerning: approval notice (and packet with card) make no mention of 50k mile bonus, let alone passes.

Should I check with CSR or go ahead see what happens after 3k spend first.
It has always been like this (no mention of 50K bonus) in any official communication. You can call and confirm with CSR, no harm there (except for losing a few minutes :-) ). If approved and min. spend met, you will get the bonus, nothing to worry.

Cheers!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
questions about the day pass.
Can I use the pass for myself even though it came with her card?
Yes

And will the AC agent ask for the credit card when I present the day pass at the counter?
No.

And will my wife have to be present?
No.

Cheers ^
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by fromfall98
Yes

No.

No.

Cheers ^
Then how do they prevent card holders from selling the passes on ebay or craiglist? My wife received two passes, but will have one left unused after I use mine this summer.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Cxld Master Account and Still Denied

Originally Posted by WIKI
For unknown reasons, some people have been unable to churn business cards at all. Some (but not all) people need to completely cancel their previous business account (send an SM or call and request that the account, ending in XXXX and the associated cards, ending in YYYY (etc.) be closed) before they can apply for another business card, regardless of the absence of restrictive offer language. The Master Account is the actual line of credit, while the cards are the individual cards associated with each employee of the business. To find the Master Account number, go to your online account and select the card you want to close. In the bottom left corner there is a dropdown box next to "Cardholder:" that has the Master Account and any Card accounts listed. There is no telling into which bucket you fall prior to applying.
Called in to have the master account closed about a month ago. Was assured it was. Applied about a week ago and was denied. Reason: Business already has the maximum number of CitiBiz AA cards. What to do now?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
question about churning and the 18-month limit.

would the one-bonus-every-18-month rule apply if I use a different AA account number? I think I had a citi plat bonus within last 18 months, but I am thinking about applying with different account number (from the US airways merger, for some reason, they did not merge my AA and US account correctly and I got a new AA account number from my old US account) and getting a bonus before calling them to merge both account....
I doubt you will fool anyone by using a different FF #. Unless you also have a different SS #, address, and phone number.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:16 pm
D93

What's the latest rule regarding the amount of pulls a person may have for a Citi approval - it used to be 6 in 6 months, is it still like this?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by D93
What's the latest rule regarding the amount of pulls a person may have for a Citi approval - it used to be 6 in 6 months, is it still like this?
6 is the point where Citi MIGHT start paying attention. Depending on your credit profile and your history with Citi, they may consider 6 too many, or they may approve you with up to 12, or perhaps in some rare cases even more. As with most things Citi, it's totally YMMV.

And remember, that's 6 per Credit Bureau. So in my area, where Barclays only pulls TU, and Citi never pulls TU, my Barclays HPs don't effect my Citi apps at all.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:03 pm

How does citi calculate 18 months?

I've a AA Platinum MC opened on 10/7/2013 and is still open. I'm planning to apply again, immediately after I meet 18 months restriction. How does Citi calculate 18 months? Is it 18*30 days from card open date or simply 18 months after card open date?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:04 pm
D93

Originally Posted by Brugge
6 is the point where Citi MIGHT start paying attention. Depending on your credit profile and your history with Citi, they may consider 6 too many, or they may approve you with up to 12, or perhaps in some rare cases even more. As with most things Citi, it's totally YMMV.

And remember, that's 6 per Credit Bureau. So in my area, where Barclays only pulls TU, and Citi never pulls TU, my Barclays HPs don't effect my Citi apps at all.
Thanks, my issue is Chase, Amex and Citi all pull EX by me (PA). So my EX is pretty dirty.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:57 pm

It has always been like this (no mention of 50K bonus) in any official communication. You can call and confirm with CSR, no harm there (except for losing a few minutes :-) ). If approved and min. spend met, you will get the bonus, nothing to worry.

Cheers!
This is not true anymore. Starting in December, Citi began listing the bonus on the approval packet and with the card. No bonus listed, probably no bonus on the card. They also started issuing cards even if you are not eligible for the bonus and won't get one.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
I doubt you will fool anyone by using a different FF #. Unless you also have a different SS #, address, and phone number.
not sure if it's worth trying though... I have a big spend coming up, ... want to get something back in return.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:13 pm

I applied my last citi aa platinum visa card on Aug 2013 and executive card on Feb 2014, and I converted the platinum card to double cash on Sep 2014 and the executive card to double cash last month. Is conversion of card counted as closing card? Am I able to apply the platinum mc now? Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
This is not true anymore. Starting in December, Citi began listing the bonus on the approval packet and with the card. No bonus listed, probably no bonus on the card. They also started issuing cards even if you are not eligible for the bonus and won't get one.
Now that's news for me. Thanks for educating / enlightening me. Do ALL approval packets have bonus listed? Haven't got a new card in about a year (one approved recently and is on its way) so don't know.

Cheers!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:31 pm

Then how do they prevent card holders from selling the passes on ebay or craiglist? My wife received two passes, but will have one left unused after I use mine this summer.
Well, they don't :-) . You theoretically could, just like people used to sell other stuff. But be prepared for very stringent consequences in case AA decides to pursue. I have used those one day passes which I received from a card in the past and I was not asked ANY question. Just hand over the pass and Welcome to the lounge :-)

Cheers!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheers!
Not any more.

The whole game has changed since Dec 2014. Please read the wiki both this thread and the Exec card thread to get updated info before posting some totally outdated info that can lead to confusion.

Citi now is like Chase, it can issue you a card but deny you bonus. Further, Citi now sends out packet that details out the bonus. If one gets the card but no such packet, one most likely not get any bonus. People found that out in Dec. Those who did not pay close attention on developments got burn. Once enough people got burnt, the Wikis are updated on the peril of getting the card but being denied the bonus. Wiki is there for a reason too bad still so many dont take advantage of such wealth of collective knowledge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.