Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
50k plat double dip data point:

Applied for 50k plat in May of this year, then converted to world elite in June. Noticed in late July that there was a 50k plat offer on the citi pre-qualified website page, applied, letter confirmed bonus, met spend, miles reported and posted to aa.

Not sure if this is because of the conversion to world elite or lack of 18 month language on the pre-qualified offer, happy to have another. 50k.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by aafreq
I just rec'd my AA # Platinum Select Card and was unpleasantly surprised, that it does not offer freedom from Foreign Transfer fees...in stark contrast to All of my current travel cards
That do....as I am traveling internationally almost exclusively
This card is not for me..
Therefore, when I satisfy the bonus requirement...my intention is to transfer the debited amount to another card, and let this card go fallow.
Is there any stated or unstated codicil that would prevent or limit me from doing so, after I achieve my requirement ?
Yeah, that really sucks. Didn't even thing about FTF on this card before I got hit with ~$20 fee. Already met the requirements, so this card is going in a drawer now.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:11 pm

Data point. Closed 2 cards with $5k CL. Credit not available in 2 months but was available in less than 3 months. Also lowered CL on an account and that was available as soon as I got the 'Change in your Limit' email from Citi. Hope this helps someone.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
50k plat double dip data point:

Applied for 50k plat in May of this year, then converted to world elite in June. Noticed in late July that there was a 50k plat offer on the citi pre-qualified website page, applied, letter confirmed bonus, met spend, miles reported and posted to aa.

Not sure if this is because of the conversion to world elite or lack of 18 month language on the pre-qualified offer, happy to have another. 50k.
I think you got the pre-qualified offer because of the conversion.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:38 pm

i got my platinum world mc in may and got upgraded to elite in july. met min spend in july and never even activated the elite card. points posted early august.

do you guys think i'm eligible for the bonus again on the regular world card?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by coreylol
i got my platinum world mc in may and got upgraded to elite in july. met min spend in july and never even activated the elite card. points posted early august.

do you guys think i'm eligible for the bonus again on the regular world card?
When you log onto your account, does it say world or world elite?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MadMadso
Data point. Closed 2 cards with $5k CL. Credit not available in 2 months but was available in less than 3 months. Also lowered CL on an account and that was available as soon as I got the 'Change in your Limit' email from Citi. Hope this helps someone.
What "Change in your Limit" email? You mean the reply from the SM, or something else? I've never gotten an email like that any time you're lowered my CL! I've gotten snail mail confirming my CL change, but never an email (other than an email titled by whatever I titled the SM, saying a reply to my SM is available).

Thus I can't tell how soon after the actual lowering of the CL that was.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:35 am

When you log onto your account, does it say world or world elite?
it says it on my card? and they sent a letter out telling me that they were upgrading to elite.

ok just checked my account it says platinum select. i wonder if i go ahead and activate the elite card if it will change on my account? i'm gonna try it today and see what happens.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What "Change in your Limit" email? You mean the reply from the SM, or something else? I've never gotten an email like that any time you're lowered my CL! I've gotten snail mail confirming my CL change, but never an email (other than an email titled by whatever I titled the SM, saying a reply to my SM is available).

Thus I can't tell how soon after the actual lowering of the CL that was.
The email is from Citi (name of card. Ie Citi Hilton, Citi Thank you, Citi AAdvantage)
The subject is Change In Your Limit

The email comes about a day or two after you do the SM. I am not talking about the reply to SM. the reply to SM comes from message.center.

I lowered my CL via SM on Thurs. got the reply from message.center Thurs.
received the CitiHilton email Friday. Applied Sunday and the CL was available. After applying for many Citi cards, I know my citi limit. I also applied for a card a few weeks earlier and it had a very low CL which is how I know the timing of both the closed accounts and the reduced CL.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by coreylol
it says it on my card? and they sent a letter out telling me that they were upgrading to elite.

ok just checked my account it says platinum select. i wonder if i go ahead and activate the elite card if it will change on my account? i'm gonna try it today and see what happens.
Platinum vs Platinum Select seems to mean very little, but I am testing that out. Log on to your account. I am using the mobile webpage so it's harder to see the full name, but you can if you click on menu and then rewards. It will show you the full name of your card. If it says world elite you may be able to apply again.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:49 pm

Platinum vs Platinum Select seems to mean very little, but I am testing that out. Log on to your account. I am using the mobile webpage so it's harder to see the full name, but you can if you click on menu and then rewards. It will show you the full name of your card. If it says world elite you may be able to apply again.
ok, so i activated my new card and went and used it for lunch. the card itself says world elite, but i don't see elite anywhere in my account details. but it's only been a few hours since i activated the card. the website still thinks the card is inactive, so i'll give it a day or two and see if the website updates. i really don't see why they'd send me a packet explaining that they're upgrading me to elite and send me an elite card and NOT actually give me elite status. but we'll see what happens.

thanks for your help! when i reapply in a few months i'll post back here and give a datapoint.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:51 pm

Approved for Platinum MC 6/8/15. Upgraded from World to World Elite a few weeks ago.

When checking preapproved offers I get the following:

"We couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer. See below for 4 other cards you may like.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard®"

This is a 30,000 miles/ $1,000 spend offer. "This offer is only valid for new accounts."

Am I able to apply for a 50,000 mile offer and be approved?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:15 pm

Platinum vs Platinum Select seems to mean very little, but I am testing that out.
"Platinum Select" appears to be the proper name across all networks (Visa, MC, Amex) for the current $95/year product. There used to be a confusing mix of names (like the "Platinum Level" marking on my now-Platinum Select Visa) but Citi/AA appear to have aligned them all over the last year of more.

You can see many of the current product names on the Reduced Mileage Awards page.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:23 pm

Citibank Credit card bonus

Does anyone know if there is a cooling off period between canceling one Citi AAdvantage CC and applying for another and earning the bonus miles from the latter? If so, how long is this period?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
Approved for Platinum MC 6/8/15. Upgraded from World to World Elite a few weeks ago.

When checking preapproved offers I get the following:

"We couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer. See below for 4 other cards you may like.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard®"

This is a 30,000 miles/ $1,000 spend offer. "This offer is only valid for new accounts."

Am I able to apply for a 50,000 mile offer and be approved?
You can take the less risky option and apply for the 30k, but I think you would have a good chance of the 50k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.