Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by lkar
I think this is a major question waiting to be answered. We need a tester.

When I used my certs for Grand Wailea, everything I could see on line indicated that it was a 160,000 point redemption. My receipt after my stay even shows it as being a -160,000 point stay (even though points were not deducted). I was really curious what would happen if I canceled -- whether I'd get my certs back or my points. But it was a holiday stay and the hotel was very full, so I did not want to risk cancelling, but we need a guinea pig.
Similar to AXON reservations, you will get your original payment back.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:19 am

Can you only use the weekend certs for rooms available that normally would only be able to be booked with points?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta Silver
Originally Posted by ralexander
Just another data point: Received targeted mail to the 2 free weekend certs after $2500 spend in 4 months but the AF of $95 is waived for the first year. Applied today and got the pending review-please call in to verify information. I was nervous because I already have a ton of cards (spread throughout all issuers) and a total revolving credit line that is much higher than my annual income. With Citi though I only have a TH Pref card ($12k limit) that I use infrequently and am just keeping open b/c of the no AF. Asked for my cell phone number to add to the application and then put me on hold for 2-3 minutes to take a look through my app. Didn't ask me any other questions. Came back and said Congrats you're approved for $15k. Asked if they could expedite the card and she said that she couldn't, but gave me a number to call on Wed/Thurs and to ask if they could do it then.
At least there is hope now for a similar offer with a waived annual fee. That would make the card more attractive to me.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta Silver
Double post.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:27 pm

How long does it take for gold status to be updated?

I haven't been able to find any info on how long it takes? What have other people seen?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Dynastar
Anyone tried canceling a cert reservation yet?

When I used my certs for Grand Wailea, everything I could see on line indicated that it was a 160,000 point redemption. My receipt after my stay even shows it as being a -160,000 point stay (even though points were not deducted). I was really curious what would happen if I canceled -- whether I'd get my certs back or my points. But it was a holiday stay and the hotel was very full, so I did not want to risk cancelling, but we need a guinea pig.

I canceled a certificate reservation before and the certificate back to my account soon.

And I booked another 4-night AXON and use this certificate for fifth night in bora bora hilton.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:53 pm

Guy is the picture looks much older than the gal... (picture on Citi application page)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
I have the older Hilton Honors Visa Signature. I wonder if they'd let me change? Would only care about gold status.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Can you clarify what you wrote? Was this a citi certificate?

Originally Posted by kunk00
Originally Posted by Dynastar
Anyone tried canceling a cert reservation yet?

I canceled a certificate reservation before and the certificate back to my account soon.

And I booked another 4-night AXON and use this certificate for fifth night in bora bora hilton.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by welookgood.com
Can you clarify what you wrote? Was this a citi certificate?
yes, i first use two weekend certificates and 150000 points to book five days stay in bora bora hilton. And then i found myself stupid and canceled two citi certificate and use 195000=145000axon+50000 book five nights.

At last, i found i must use the certificate in one year. So i use one certificate instead of 50000 points to book 5th night in hilton. is that clear?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:21 am
Suspended

i also find that. I first canceled it and found only certificate redeposited into my account.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, PC
Originally Posted by moolman
Statement closed on 12/7
Received email certs 12/17

10 days from closing date.
Any luck with manipulating your statement close date? I just got approved last week and would like to use the certs March 22. I can meet the minimum spend on activation date. Just wondering if my timeframe is too tight. Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by ralexander
Just another data point: Received targeted mail to the 2 free weekend certs after $2500 spend in 4 months but the AF of $95 is waived for the first year. Applied today and got the pending review-please call in to verify information. I was nervous because I already have a ton of cards (spread throughout all issuers) and a total revolving credit line that is much higher than my annual income. With Citi though I only have a TH Pref card ($12k limit) that I use infrequently and am just keeping open b/c of the no AF. Asked for my cell phone number to add to the application and then put me on hold for 2-3 minutes to take a look through my app. Didn't ask me any other questions. Came back and said Congrats you're approved for $15k. Asked if they could expedite the card and she said that she couldn't, but gave me a number to call on Wed/Thurs and to ask if they could do it then.
Will be on the look out for this offer now. Great deal if it becomes available to the masses.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by fenterspooner
I haven't been able to find any info on how long it takes? What have other people seen?
In case anyone else is interested. It took about 4 days from being approved for the card for the gold status to be updated on my HHonors account.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I looked through (quickly) and didn't find the answer to this, sorry if covered already:

If you apply for the reserve is there any chance they could approve you for the other Hilton fee free product instead? I don't want it for another Gold Visa...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.