Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cjw2001
FAQ on the Costco Anywhere Visa card: Your Costco Credit Card Account is Being Replaced by Citi

Transition date was June 20, 2016.

- 4% back on gas (up to $7k per year) (Gas at supermarket branded gas stations and warehouse gas stations other than Costco does not qualify.)
- 3% back on travel & dining
- 2% back at Costco and Costco.com
- 1% back elsewhere

From the Citi Costco Site:
Will my Costco Anywhere Card have foreign purchase transaction fees?
Yes. A fee of 3% of the amount of the transaction in US Dollars will be applied to purchases made in a currency other than US Dollars.
There are no foreign transaction fees for purchases made at Costco warehouses worldwide when you pay with your new Costco Anywhere Card.
Please note: not all international Costco warehouse locations accept Visa cards.

Announced 3/1/2018: There will be no foreign purchase transaction fees.

Extended warranty benefit removed for purchases after January 21, 2023.
Print Wikipost

Details on new Citi Costco VISA.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2020, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by pinniped
Do the certificates have to be used in person by the cardholder? Could a friend who is also a Costco member use it instead? (Either to shop for you or to just give you cash for it.)
AFAICT - the certificate holder has to be there. But Costco does not care who ends up redeeming it.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by NDN
i was denied. They didn’t care about my
and my families rare conditions that make us exceptionally high risk. They told me it’s valid all year and that’s that. I redeemed mine last week—the only time we have been to Costco this year
Thanks for the data point, I won't bother wasting my time to call in then. It's pretty disappointing they're not making an exception this year. Makes me think about canceling the card.

Originally Posted by pinniped
Do the certificates have to be used in person by the cardholder? Could a friend who is also a Costco member use it instead? (Either to shop for you or to just give you cash for it.)
Thanks for the idea, just called my local warehouse to check on this. Policy is no, but management OK'd it. They did ask for the value of the certificate and they seemed to balk a bit at first so it may be a YMMV situation both dependent on management and the certificate amount. (Although not really sure why, I wouldn't think i was an outlier this year compared to the typical cardholder who would use this for Costco/gas).
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:39 pm

Extended Warranty is gone!

As of today Costco CC killed the extended warranty!

What could be the replacement card? Also Chase Vs AMEX vs MasterCard ?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sciconf
As of today Costco CC killed the extended warranty!
Join discussion here: Citi Extended Warranty [Consolidated]
and Credit cards which still offer an extended warranty
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Anyone have recent experience if AirBNB gets 3% back? I've read both ways online. Citi customer service is useless
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Based on the last Mastercard earnings call, this is one of the only Visa cards serviced by Citi. Any benefits added or removed (such as the extended warranty) likely comes from Costco corporate agreement with Visa and not Citi. I believe all of the revolving debt separate from the rebates is also funded by Costco. Not really unusual in a strictly card-servicing arrangement, but Citi is not known historically for this type of relationship (both the Visa part and the role it plays likened to other banks like Synchrony or Capital One).

So, your complaints should be directed to Costco on benefit changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.