Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:09 pm

I opened a Premier & a Prestige over 24 months ago.

I want to open another Premier, but I am planning to close the Prestige. Obviously, I won't close the Prestige until I get the Premier.

Question: If I close the Prestige after I get the 2nd Premier but before I meet the Premier spend and the bonus posts, will closing the Prestige negate the bonus?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by maxmnx

I want to open another Premier, but I am planning to close the Prestige. Obviously, I won't close the Prestige until I get the Premier.

Question: If I close the Prestige after I get the 2nd Premier but before I meet the Premier spend and the bonus posts, will closing the Prestige negate the bonus?
Good question. I would be very interested to hear if you get a 2nd Premier. I hope you report back. Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:09 pm

Now with the higher public bonus announced: Does Citi match to higher signup bonus?

any success/denial datapoints?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:28 pm

According to this TPG post 75K signup bonus. Glad I waited on this one.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by mia
That's almost correct. The actual rule is on every printed/PDF statement. In practice Citi has allowed 37 days for a full refund. Don't think there is a published policy on prorated refunds.

DW just got a refund of a paid AF at the 36 or 37 day point. But that was on an AA Plat card. Not sure if the policy varies from card to card.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by maxmnx

Answer from Citi via SM is that closing the Prestige won't impact my bonus:

"As long as you have not had another ThankYou Card product opened or
closed within the last 24 months of your new account application
approval date will not effect your new accounts sign up bonus offer."
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:59 pm

I applied for the card in Aug or Sep 2015 and paid $350 for 2016 renewal. I was Citigold for a few months in late 2015-early 2016 to take advantage of a banking offer and still got the $350 AF. If others are in the same situation, did you get charged $350 or $450 for AF this year?

If it's $350, I'll keep the card. $450 will be hard to justify.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
I closed my Citigold over a year ago but was just recently billed the $350.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by kroozer
One interesting data point is that my AF for 1st TY Prestige bills only on 7/15/2017 even though account was opened on 5/27/2015. Upon research I found that initially $450 AF was billed on 6/15/2015, then refunded and $350 AF billed on 7/15/2015 statement (due to Citigold checking account opened end June 2015). Since then the anniversary date is set to 7/15 every year.

Due to lack of any other evidence, I'm suspecting that the 24-month rule starts from the anniversary date (AF billing statement date) and not from the actual application submission date 2+ years ago.
I'm so glad I read this before applying for my 2nd Prestige today!

2 DP's on AF / Anniversary dates:
  • Opened TY Premier on 7/15/15, AF bills 8/16.
  • Opened Prestige on 7/24/15, AF bills 8/15.
I'm going to wait until Aug 20th now to apply assuming my anniversary date for the 24mo is 8/16. Check your history folks! Don't miss it by 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
I closed my Citigold over a year ago but was just recently billed the $350.
I also haven't had a Citigold account in over a year and checked and last year's was $350. Seems like when I call them too they still show me as Citigold... New AF billing soon. Will report back.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Citi Thankyou Presitge 75k Bonus - Am I eligible?

Current offer for 75K TY points after $7500 spend in 3 months:
https://citicards.citi.com/usc/LPACA...LTO/index.html

Bonus points terms state:
**Bonus Points. You will receive 75,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $7,500 in purchases are made with your card within 3 months of account opening. Balance transfers, cash advances, account fees, interest and items returned for credit are not purchases. Bonus ThankYou® Points are not available if you have had a ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.

I'm a current Citi ThankYou Premier cardholder, but the account was opened more than 24 months ago (more like 3-4 years ago) and is currently active....so does that mean I can apply for the Prestige and receive the bonus points offer?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Citi's terms refer to the act of opening or closing an account, and are silent on accounts which remain open. Bear in mind they look not only at when your Prestige account was opened, but also as any Premier or Preferred accounts which were opened/closed in the past 24 months. The terms are also silent on accounts which were upgraded, downgraded or converted to or from another product.

Application approval does not guarantee bonus eligibility, but before you receive the physical card you will receive a letter which should confirm the bonus if you are deemed eligible.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:09 pm

any data points on the card delivery timeline for new applicants from 7/23 onward? i was just approved today (after 5 phone calls, 2 emails, and one letter to the executive office, all to verify my phone number and address!) and it would be nice to have the card in hand later this week to book travel for my wedding and honeymoon. thanks for the info
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by jnb_tx
any data points on the card delivery timeline for new applicants from 7/23 onward? i was just approved today (after 5 phone calls, 2 emails, and one letter to the executive office, all to verify my phone number and address!) and it would be nice to have the card in hand later this week to book travel for my wedding and honeymoon. thanks for the info
Approved 7/23. Card arrived 7/28.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:25 am

Guys - do I undesrtand correctly that the $250 air travel credit is only to be used when on-board a plane? Are there any tricks to using it elsewhere? With chase's reserve, I was simply able to book a car rental and cancel it for their $300 annual credit

thanks
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - do I undesrtand correctly that the $250 air travel credit is only to be used when on-board a plane?...
No, what do you see that gives you this impression? The credit is very easy to use, see here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ursements.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.