Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Trip Delay Reimbursement (Prestige, Chairman, HHonors, AAdvantage)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Trip Delay Reimbursement (Prestige, Chairman, HHonors, AAdvantage)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Virginia Surety needs one of those 'shabby tipper' name & shame campaigns on Twitter !!
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:32 pm

This is a question about an EVA Air cancelled ticket paid with Citi Prestige. Flights last week from KIX-TPE; TPE-NRT were cancelled due to strike. Couldn't get through to EVA CSR, and had to fly on the dates, so ended up booking replacement flights on Peach and Scoot.

EVA will refund cost of ticket but cost of replacement flights exceeded those of EVA tickets. Any way to get compensation via Citi trip protection benefits?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:33 am

I (unfortunately) had another annoying "stuck in NY overnight due to weather" situation a few weeks ago and just wanted to report back that Virginia Surety once again took about 20 days to email me that my claim had been approved. Then, a few days after that, the credit hit my account (it didn't take 1-2 billing cycles like their email suggests). Interestingly, this time around my claim was paid in FULL (about $300 total), including an overnight hotel, two meals, and a taxi to the airport, with tips included. Some of the comments above indicate them possibly not reimbursing tips, and I think I've experienced that too. But this time I was reimbursed for the full amount of the claim, so who knows... Maybe it is dependent on the person that reviews your claim or something.

Either way, I'm happy to report that this is still working, although taking *slightly* longer than what they quote on the website. I think as long as you follow the rules, submit legitimate expenses, and submit the annoying paperwork correctly, you'll be fine.

I'll be sad when this benefit goes away and I have to switch my airfare to some other card, where I'm not as familiar with the process and less confident about getting any reimbursement at all. For now though, the Prestige will continue getting all my air bookings for the next month or so.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
What happens in these days of corona cancellation or {almost} trip in vain? I am booked to fly to Africa flying home Casablanca /Paris/JFK on an award business class ticket on Air France using AMEX points and Citi Prestige paying for the taxes. Right now (if the flight is not cancelled) , I am looking at a 2 week quarantine. If it is cancelled, I am flailing at the last minute. If the flight is cancelled, does Citi refund my money only-I am still on the hook for a ticket, right? Or do I wait and let it play out and let EU261 sort it out? If I can get my AF ticket completely refunded, I could book a Royal Maroc ticket directly home now. My flight is May 9.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Runner123
.... award business class ticket on Air France using AMEX points and Citi Prestige paying for the taxes.
Did you transfer Membership Rewards points to Flying Blue?

Did you purchase the ticket before September 22, 2019 when Citi eliminated this coverage?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, I transferred AMEX points to Flying Blue. And yes, I purchased the ticket well before the September deadline. I sent out a tweet to AF, but have not heard back. I can cancel, but will end up with an AF voucher to use within a year that I won't be able to use (at least that looks like what I think I would get.)
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Runner123
.... will end up with an AF voucher to use within a year
Not for an award ticket. The miles will be re-deposited in your FlyingBlue account. See here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...id-waiver.html and other threads in that forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.