Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
And you received email confirmation and the reservation is in your Hyatt account?

The concierge put my HGP# in the reservation so it was immediately available when I logged into my account. As you said, she used her e-mail address so I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, but she said she would send one to me within 48 hours.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
The rates on a 4 night stay are much higher than the 5 night stay. So I will book a five night stay (it's a Hyatt).

Can I use pay for the fifth night using a Hyatt Gift card without screwing up the credit for the fourth night? Actually, now that I think about it, it seems dangerous, because there is probably a total they are looking for that ties to the reservation.

However, I have two cash and points nights, and will be applying an DSU (designated suite upgrade) for those two nights and the 5 nights booked through Citi. Hyatt will merge those two reservations into one before applying the DSU. Perhaps paying for the first two C+P nights, and incidentals is ok as long as I charge the total for the 5 nights on the Prestige card?

(The Gift Card was gotten at a 25% discount, which is my motivation).
Good luck with that gift card. It's most likely fraudulent and won't work at all. See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...t-card-13.html
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
As long as the hotel/retreat/whatever pays an IATA commission, they should be able to do it...]
https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/~/...s41.ashx?la=en appears to say that paying an IATA commission is not necessary:

6. Does the hotel need to have an IATA number to be eligible for complimentary 4th night benefit?
a. No. The concierge can book the complimentary 4th night as long as the hotel will reserve with the Citi Prestige Card and the Concierge can book directly with the hotel. If the hotel requires a credit card authorization form or requires the customer to book with them directly, the hotel will not qualify for the Complimentary 4th Night.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Did they change the terms for what you can and can't book? I tried to book an OWB at the IC or St Regis in Bora Bora and they said bungalows don't qualify for this benefit anymore.

Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by oneeyejack
Did they change the terms for what you can and can't book? I tried to book an OWB at the IC or St Regis in Bora Bora and they said bungalows don't qualify for this benefit anymore.

Villas (and castles) are not eligible so maybe these fall into that category. It's in the PDF FAQ linked a few pages back.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joachimm
Villas (and castles) are not eligible so maybe these fall into that category. It's in the PDF FAQ linked a few pages back.
n00b person had no idea what she was talking about last night. she wasn't very helpful either.

called again this morning and got a more competent agent who was able to find what i wanted.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by oneeyejack
n00b person had no idea what she was talking about last night. she wasn't very helpful either.

called again this morning and got a more competent agent who was able to find what i wanted.
Was her name Kim by any chance?

I've learned to hang up and try another time if she answers.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:19 am

Just got the card. Looked thru the FAQ but couldnt find my answer. Can we book different room types as part of the 4 night stay and still qualify for the 4th night free?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL GM
Question -- used the 4th night benefit on two stays and checked out about 30 days ago now. Still waiting for the credit to come up. I know it says 1-2 billing cycles in their confirmation emails but just wondering if it is normal or what your experiences are?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by ajshin27
Just got the card. Looked thru the FAQ but couldnt find my answer. Can we book different room types as part of the 4 night stay and still qualify for the 4th night free?
don't know. but I highly doubt it... I could book a lowest rate room for first 3 days and then getting presidential suite free on the 4th night?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by mingw
don't know. but I highly doubt it... I could book a lowest rate room for first 3 days and then getting presidential suite free on the 4th night?
Thanks, that makes sense. Was trying to book a Hyatt that had a base King available 3 out of the 4 nights, but a base double on 1 of them. Unfortunately, if I were to book all the nights together on hyatt.com, I have to book a higher tiered room thats available on all 4 nights.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Originally Posted by robbierob03
You'll keep all of your TY points for the four nights. The credit posts as a purchase but it is treated like a payment, i.e. if you look online or at your statement it will look like a return but Citi doesn't take those TY points away.
Awesome. Thanks so much. Man, 8 nights at Walt Disney World resorts with 2 nights free (different hotels) saved me $2,000 with the equivalent value of TY points included. Just amazing (both the cost of the WDW resorts and the Citi program).
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by schalliol
Awesome. Thanks so much. Man, 8 nights at Walt Disney World resorts with 2 nights free (different hotels) saved me $2,000 with the equivalent value of TY points included. Just amazing (both the cost of the WDW resorts and the Citi program).
Completely off topic - but HOLY CRAP! $2k for two nights at a WDW resort? Backing out the TYPs that's in the high $700's a night, just not something I would have expected for WDW.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
WDW is nuts, even for the regular rooms. That said, it is part of the experience and you certainly can stay for less. I timed it so that one of the free nights would be a weekend at Polynesian Theme Park View, which is about $1K/night. You get your 11.5% tax in there and $1800 for the two nights. That's not even the club level or a suite (2 br suites, which are like 3 regular rooms connected, were $2874/night when I looked!).

From The Points Guy, TY Points are 1.6¢/point. So, since it's a 3x category, that's $1800*1.6¢*3 = $86.40. So, I rounded up I guess, but Citi saved me $1886.40 for the two nights. That of course excludes the regular savings from the TY Points $800,000,000 in WDW charges.

Last edited by schalliol; Jun 27, 2016 at 10:15 am
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Does the concierge follow the rate terms when making the booking or is payment due at time of reservation regardless when using this benefit? I'd like to lock a reservation but rather not pay months ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.